General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Bringing Model Aviation To Your Schools! MASC - Check It Out!

Old 12-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Default Bringing Model Aviation To Your Schools! MASC - Check It Out!

For those that have been looking for a good way or an incentive to introduce electric flight to your local schools, check this out:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/education/masc.aspx

Model Aviation School Clubs, or MASC, is a new chartering program for school aeromodeling clubs! Benefits of this exciting program include:

•FREE student and sponsor memberships
•FREE charter
•FREE club banner
•Full access to AMA benefits, scholarships and insurance!

I'm thinking all of the new BNF models would be great for this. But then again, there are so many small planes that can be flown inside and in school yards, the choices are almost endless.

What do you think about this?

Frank
Old 12-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Stevephoon
Super Contributor

This is a great idea, providing there are those of use who know enough to do this safely and have the time to help. (At least be the safety officer)

I have often thought of doing something like this, but I can't get off work early enough to make it right after school lets out.

Another question. Can non-school affiliated groups do this? Church clubs, Cub Scout Groups.... ?? I didn't see that they were directly excluded, but a school was a required entry on the registration.

Steve
Old 12-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

It looks to me like the thrust of this program would be students or teachers themselves to start a club to help introduce model aviation to the younger generation. It would a wise thing to do for new clubs to have experienced modelers help teach these younger model aviators though.

Good question about church programs. I'm sure this program is not limited to public schools.

I'm sure there must be some teachers out there that fly model airplanes that would be interested in this program. What do you think about this new program? Also, for those that have school age children, what are your thoughts?

Frank
Old 12-26-2010, 05:01 AM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

I don't have any school age children, but my daughter does, and her hubby is into RC flying big time (I just gave him a 60" Horten HO-229 for Christmas and he's on cloud 9). Maybe I will send this along to him....
Old 12-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by FlyWheel View Post
I don't have any school age children, but my daughter does, and her hubby is into RC flying big time (I just gave him a 60" Horten HO-229 for Christmas and he's on cloud 9). Maybe I will send this along to him....
Great! Please let us know how it goes.

Frank