Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Joined the Club!! -Help?!?

Old 11-15-2006, 05:01 PM
cwarburton

Default Joined the Club!! -Help?!?

I've finally joined the RC Heli club with my purchase of a E-Flight Blade CP! I love it and I'm just starting to get my feet wet.

The only issue I'm having is charging the batteries. I have two batteries (standard blue) and I may get another one or two. I'm using the supplied 'wall wart' charger but really want a better way to charge the batteries.

What should I do??

I don't know much about batteries and chargers. I'd really like to have something that can charge multiple batteries at once that I can walk away from and not worry about overcharging. It needs to run on standard AC from a wall plug so it sounds like maybe I need an ac/dc converter? Do some chargers have these built in? I'm not on a tight budget and want to get a good charging solution.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Old 11-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Moving to "Batteries and Chargers".
Old 11-15-2006, 06:56 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Originally Posted by cwarburton View Post
I've finally joined the RC Heli club with my purchase of a E-Flight Blade CP! I love it and I'm just starting to get my feet wet.

The only issue I'm having is charging the batteries. I have two batteries (standard blue) and I may get another one or two. I'm using the supplied 'wall wart' charger but really want a better way to charge the batteries.

What should I do??

I don't know much about batteries and chargers. I'd really like to have something that can charge multiple batteries at once that I can walk away from and not worry about overcharging. It needs to run on standard AC from a wall plug so it sounds like maybe I need an ac/dc converter? Do some chargers have these built in? I'm not on a tight budget and want to get a good charging solution.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
If your using Lipo packs you never ever walk away and leave the batterys charging. you said the Blade CP but maybe you ment the Blade Cp pro? is it lipo or nimh? pack.
The lipo My pro has is Blue so...

If its not the lipo then the charger it came with is good I guess. you could buy a titan it does everything but you have to learn it.

maybe someone else can help you more.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:17 PM
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

A good charging solution would be a multicharger that both charges and trickle charges with a smart charging system in it that will not over charge. Never ever leave a charging system unattended. You may study a lot of these chargers and find that a vast majority are not UL listed therefore you leave them at your own risk. Now having said that wonderful statement.

Some choices. The Multiplex charger is a good choice for me. We also use the AstroFlight chargers. They are a little pricey but well worth it.

The multiplex charger will charge the vast majority of batteries out there. It needs a 12 V source which is not hard to find. It is also small and easy to carry to the field.

Once you decide which battery system you will stick with you'll invest in a battery maintenance system. We are quite pleased with the new Xtrema that just hit the market. Software driven and upgradeable through the vendor. This is a LIPO maintenance system.

There are other systems out there. Cellpro by FMA balancer stuff and the likes for Lipo. Totally different to what you are flying as I can assume it is the NiMi batteries you are currently using. The multiplex would be a good choice.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:48 PM
cwarburton

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the replies!

The batteries I have for the Blade are Ni-MH batteries but I'll probably upgrade to Lipo batteries some day. Can some units charge multiple batteries simultaneously? Do any chargers have built-in AC/DC converter and wall cords?

Thanks again,
Chris