Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-06-2006, 02:31 AM   #1
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

View Sky Sharkster's Gallery11
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (20)
Default Flying Wing Plans-Horten, Northrop

The Bell-Imel Group have plans available for flying models of some of the most famous flying wings in aviation history, and are working on more. Presently, they offer;
Horten Ho229 V3 in 1/8th scale (82"), 72" for hand launch and a 72" with provision for landing gear. Plans for the H.L. version are $19.95 and templates for foam-cutting cores are $7.95. They also offer CNC coordinates for laser-cut ribs.
Horten Ho 111e motor powered glider
Horten V11 78" Wingspan-Twin engine, $15.95 plans, $7.95 templates.
Northrop N9M-1/8th Scale (90") Shown with retractable L.G., plans $15.95, templates $7.95
Northrop N9M 70" W.S. for twin electric motors
Northrop N9M 70" W.S. Unpowered.
Projects include the Northrop XB-35, Imel Im V11.
http://www.bellimelgroup.com/products.htm
Ron
Old 11-09-2006, 05:46 PM   #2
phil worth

Friends: (0)
Default horten flying wing

hi from uk, ive got the bell imel ho229 plan and co ordinates package(ace people to deal with) has any one built one? as my kit of bits is here soon and too many people know for me to weagle out of building it. here one of the lipo gods is chris golds( her majesties flying club retired) chris did a ho229 for edf in the days of rheostat speed control and lead acid batteries. it flew well off a bungee launch but used drag rudders and elevon control as per reimars original. im using 75mm fans with outrunners 1.2kg @ 37a ( allegedly). so has anyone else trod this path or am i a pilgrim? which is odd as i am originally from plymouth! answers on a stuck down envelope. ciao
Old 11-10-2006, 02:16 AM   #3
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

View Sky Sharkster's Gallery11
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (20)
Default Horten 229

Hello Phil, Welcome to Wattflyer! Here's a link to a 229 from the EDF Forum; http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...ghlight=ho+229
Hope it helps and good luck with the build!
Ron
Old 11-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #4
phil worth

Default horten wings

hi thanks for the thread , the gas turbine ho 229 looks fantastic and the pics of the fan intakes has made more sense of the plan. as a training mission ive got a baby ho229 for gws 40mm fans on its way from those splendid chaps at robotbirds (www.robotbirds.com) this should provide some usefull info on a) if it flies and b) if i can fly it! has anyone come across some sort of therapy or ointment to help with my lipocondria? this morning it was-4c but ihad to get my pre work fix ,me 262 with the rising sun behind it life is good! ciao
Old 02-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
MartinG

Question

Originally Posted by phil worth View Post
hi from uk, ive got the bell imel ho229 plan and co ordinates package(ace people to deal with) has any one built one? as my kit of bits is here soon and too many people know for me to weagle out of building it. here one of the lipo gods is chris golds( her majesties flying club retired) chris did a ho229 for edf in the days of rheostat speed control and lead acid batteries. it flew well off a bungee launch but used drag rudders and elevon control as per reimars original. im using 75mm fans with outrunners 1.2kg @ 37a ( allegedly). so has anyone else trod this path or am i a pilgrim? which is odd as i am originally from plymouth! answers on a stuck down envelope. ciao

Hi, I have just bought the plans for the 82inch Horton Ho229 V3.with two EDF's Do you know if anyone has ever built one which will take off from the ground rather than hand launch?

MartinG
Old 07-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
salat
warming up

Send a message via ICQ to salat Send a message via MSN to salat Send a message via Skype™ to salat

So, have anybody built Bell-Imel Horten?

Thanks,
Kostya

Thank you,
Kostya
-----------------------
trying to take off
Old 07-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #7
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

View Alpea42's Gallery59
Friends: (25)

Here's a thread with a couple of em http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=29

THE B-2 Worlds most expensive airplane.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:34 AM   #8
salat
warming up

Send a message via ICQ to salat Send a message via MSN to salat Send a message via Skype™ to salat

Originally Posted by Alpea42 View Post
Here's a thread with a couple of em http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=29
no, that one built by Heiner..

Thank you,
Kostya
-----------------------
trying to take off
Old 07-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #9
phil worth

Default Bell imel horten

Hi, i have 2. One all balsa built up and a sacrificial one in foam/carbon/balsa they are both ready but the weather has been too windy to risk. fast taxi and nose off no problem. Some pics are already on the site . cheers phil
Old 07-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #10
salat
warming up

Originally Posted by phil worth View Post
Hi, i have 2. One all balsa built up and a sacrificial one in foam/carbon/balsa they are both ready but the weather has been too windy to risk. fast taxi and nose off no problem. Some pics are already on the site . cheers phil
Hi.
Where are pictures?

Thank you,
Kostya
-----------------------
trying to take off
Old 07-08-2009, 02:43 AM   #11
thomdoe

Nice link Alpea42, thanks
Old 09-10-2018, 08:51 PM   #12
Falcon26
termite

Originally Posted by salat View Post
Hi.
Where are pictures?
Do you still have the planes

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft