Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-09-2017, 03:01 PM   #1
Bearded Villain

Club: T.U.F.F. Club (Texas Unlimited Fun Flyers)
Friends: (0)
Default Question, E-Flight Apprentice safe receiver

First of all I am 3 months into flying so I have a lot to learn. I have a spare plane that I'll never fly and was thinking of taking the turning g15 motor and the 45a ESC that's with it out and put in my Apprentice since the motor is shot but I was curious to know If the BEC in the ESC will put out the same voltage required by the Safe receiver. Do different ESC's built in BEC put out different volts aside from a switching BEC? I didn't know if this would work or if I would or could fry my receiver. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:11 PM   #2
dereckbc
Super Contributor

Friends: (3)

Standard ESC BEC output is 6.0 volts. Higher end ESC with BEC will have higher voltage option like 7.4 volts.

Right now that is the least of your worries. The Receiver for the Apprentice is tuned for that plane and cannot be changed. Iw would be a WAG if it would work or not. 1 of three things can happen and 2 are bad (crash and burn).
Old 10-10-2017, 01:44 AM   #3
Bearded Villain

Gotcha
Old 10-13-2017, 06:43 PM   #4
jobobeda

Club: AMA
Default Removed the "SAFE" receiver and ESC , now flying with out !

I removed the Safe System from my Apprentice 15e and now use a generic switched ESC and built in BEC. Now when I fly the Apprentice, I fly it and not the safe system! It flys great and has for the last 3 years. No problems.

I feel that I am a better flyer now, without the aid of the system. The Apprentice is a great trainer and in my case, without safe, it flys just as reliably as all my other "non-safe" airframes. I have friends who fly the Apprentice and really like the three flight options. So, the Apprentice can be flown successfully with a "different" receiver and ESC as there are other options that can be used to eliminate "SAFE" if desired. I use a Lemon 6 channel non stabilized full range receiver and a 45 amp switched "Sky Walker" ESC. The motor is original 15e.

My reason for replacing the "SAFE" receiver was because of "brown outs". No more brown outs since the changes! My bank account is healthier also!
Jb
Old 10-14-2017, 04:29 PM   #5
Bearded Villain

Cool to know JB

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions

Tags
apprentice 15e , e-flight , esc amps , safe rx , turnigy g15