What computer radio do you use? - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.
View Poll Results: What computer radio to you use?
Hitec Flash Seris
8.33%
Hitec Optic6/Eclipse 7
27.00%
JR XP seris
15.33%
Fubata 7C/9C
24.33%
Multiplex Evo Seris
7.33%
Airtronics
6.00%
Other
22.00%
I do not use a computer radio
5.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

What computer radio do you use?

Old 11-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Dr. Who?

Lightbulb What computer radio do you use?

What computer radio do you use for your electric model airplanes? This thread is intended to help people who are on the market for a radio and for other people to see what other wattflyer users are using
Old 11-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Great idea.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:45 AM
qban_flyer

Thumbs up

Brilliant idea Dr. Who?!

I also use two very trusty Futaba 8 "Super" TXs, that's what I voted for "Other" as well. Love them all, though.

*EDIT*: I also have two Hitec Flash 5 "System X" transmitters.

Last edited by qban_flyer; 11-24-2005 at 03:39 PM.

Old 11-24-2005, 02:22 AM
ragbag
Super Contributor

I use the 9C and the 6X. Skysport covers the rest, gliders and foamies.
BY George
Old 11-24-2005, 02:24 AM
Dr. Who?

WOW! never knew so many people used the optic 6 and eclipise 7. i use the optic 6, but which radio do you use, DannyR, jamuhlhahn, lmopar69, Mustang, qban_flyer, Rugar, Twmaster, the optick or the eclipise 7? (just wondering)
Old 11-24-2005, 02:26 AM
ForestCam
Bad Influence

"I do not use a computer radio"
Too poor.:p
Old 11-24-2005, 02:28 AM
Dr. Who?

lol

analog is soooo 20th centry......... its okyou'll getinto computer radios soon, they willsave you time and money, in the long run.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:41 AM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Originally Posted by Dr. Who? View Post
WOW! never knew so many people used the optic 6 and eclipise 7. i use the optic 6, but which radio do you use, DannyR, jamuhlhahn, lmopar69, Mustang, qban_flyer, Rugar, Twmaster, the optick or the eclipise 7? (just wondering)
Optic 6
Old 11-24-2005, 05:49 AM
Solcat

Polks Tracker III
Old 11-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Polks Tracker II a great radio....
Old 11-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

Jr 9303
Old 11-24-2005, 03:35 PM
qban_flyer

Lightbulb

Mostly the Hitec, followed by the Futabas.

I failed to mention I have two Flash 5 "System X" TXs. Those two are the ones ones that get the most use since most of the planes I fly are three channel affairs and the Flash 5 is more than enough to handle all them.

When I fly models using more than three servos, I switch to the more complex ones.

Old 11-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Twmaster

I've had my Optic 6 for about a month. To be honest I am less then thrilled by it. The programming is a frustrating pain in the bottom (I understand most computer rigs are) and the stock battery sucks (As in gets the life sucked out of it in a hurry). My radio has a Spectra module so the battery life is awful. I lost a plane due to the TX shutting off due to a rapid drop off of power. I had Cheapbatterypacks.com build me a 2300 NiMH pack and that issue is now solved. I still get mad as hell at the programming menus.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:13 PM
timocharis
Dave North

Mike,

The particular advantage of the JR radios is the simplicity of programming. Even complex mixes are straightforward enough that you can practically intuit them from the screen.

It's a pretty good UI.

Dave
Old 11-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Elfwreck
PHD in Crashology

Hey now,
Personaly I like my Evo 12. I'd been using a Futaba 8uaf for several years, but there were just some programming bits I didn't like about it.
I fell into some cash last year and decided to buy a better radio, I got the Evo and haven't looked back. Once I unlearned the Futaba style of programming I started to get the hang of the Evo programming, much quicker if not easier. I can set up a six servo motor sailer in ten minutes as opposed to the hour or two it took with the Futaba, gotta love it
RobII
Old 11-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

Default Computer Radio-Multiplex Royal Evo

I used the Asian radios for years but was frustrated by the lack of mode options. I'm left-handed and although it's possible to switch the throttle ratchet to the right side stick, the dual rates, expo, and other options aren't "switchable" to the left stick. I'm flying aileron/elevator on the LEFT stick and throttle/rudder on the right. With the Multiplex Royal Evo series ( I have the 9 channel) the user can put any function and option available on any stick or switch.
In addition, it has 20 model memory, 14 mixers, 8 templates, dual rates, expo, digital trims, shift select, 4 timers, 4 flight phases and digi-justers for in-flight subtrims or trims. Tilt screen, tilt antennae, password access to radio, RF check, synthesizer RF module, 1400 mAH battery, alarms available for low voltage, timers, throttle set, and a plug-in socket that is used for charging, trainer mode and downloads.
The 9 channel is about $ 520.00 and I've heard the 7 channel is now available for $ 250.00. This compares pretty well with the better Asian models but in my opinion has much more flexibility. Ron
Old 11-24-2005, 07:04 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

I have been a long time Airtronics guy and use and love the RD8000.

But I do have to admit that I love my newest addition - the Spektrum DX6 system. It should be released in the next couple of weeks, and I could not be more impressed with it. 2.4GHz band - so no parkflier conflicts with any other radio systems!

Take a peek here....
http://www.rcgroups.com/links/index.php?id=4936

Mike
Old 11-24-2005, 07:35 PM
TManiaci
Stupid Contributor

Default JR XP9303 Rocks!

I'm with Mike now... was flying the Hitec Eclipse... now I am a diehard JR convert ---> JR XP9303. What a great radio, a birthday present. It is SO nice, easy to program, does so much more. The boys with thier over-$1000 radios are green with envy at the field.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:58 PM
SaMx
ego hic eram

I use a quantum computer radio. It has infinte model memory because it stores data in parallel universes. The only problem is that when I try to transmit on one channel, it wont let me pick which model, and when I try to pick just one model, it won't let me transmit on any one channel. Darn you Hisenberg!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 03:18 PM
r_kopka
Electric Only

The possible choices are quite limited, besides the EVO Series most of these models are not common in my area. Graupner(JR) MC and MX and Robbe-Futaba FC and FX are most common here.

RK
Old 11-29-2005, 04:18 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

What computer radio do you use for your electric model airplanes? This thread is intended to help people who are on the market for a radio and for other people to see what other wattflyer users are using
Mines not listed, I use a Hitec Prism (sp?)
Old 11-29-2005, 05:14 PM
GILLRC
JOHNRC

I have been getting calls and e-mails asking why the POLK Tracker is not on the pole. WHY NOT? it has out sold most JR's and Airtronic's.
I have 33 aircraft and I am switching all to the Tracker system. I also have a Tracker on surface that I will be using for the 81 boats that I run.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:13 PM
DavidShad
Old Timer

I use a Futaba 7C super PCM. I would love to move to a 9C but I have two in college still so I await graduation then I can move them out and me up. Flying RC since 1971 and still have my first Proline single stick radio and it still works. I am looking forward to some 3D flying in the near future in the meantime I will always love small scale aircraft.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:39 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

WHY NOT? it has out sold most JR's and Airtronic's.
Just where is that data comming from. In 27 years of flying I have never seen one or a person with one, not even at an event with 100+ registered Pilots!

JR and then to some degree Airtronics (you have to go to the glider and then heli guys for Airtronics) far outnumber Polk - Sorry!

Polk is not carried by any of the LHS in DFW (that I am aware of...).

Mike
Old 11-29-2005, 08:07 PM
GILLRC
JOHNRC

I travel all across this country to shows and talk to 100,000 + modelers a year. It's my job. These include the AMA, WRAM, Toledo, I-EXPO, HOBBY EAST, NEAT, and so on. Aprox. 15-20 shows a year And I know the sales figures for POLK's. If you ever get to one of the larger shows look me up in the POLK's booth.
Personaly I have been switching all of my 35 aircraft and 81 boats over to the Tracker. I have been using the system for almost 5 years now. I only have 2 helis and both are on the Tracker. I will agree that most of the larger helis are using JR, but helis ar elless that 3% of the market.

Quick Reply: What computer radio do you use?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10803 seconds with 15 queries