Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Off Topic Chit Chat
Reload this Page >

Austin Haughwort is at it again!!19year old who want his videos on the news. .

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Austin Haughwort is at it again!!19year old who want his videos on the news. .

Old 12-10-2015, 11:37 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

Default Austin Haughwort is at it again!!19year old who want his videos on the news. .

this 19 year old is making it very bad for us in the hobby of rc flight and he's just one person who seems to love the attention even if it's bad.

the new video is a drone flying flamethrower roasting a turkey in the woods. yes, it is interesting how simple his design is,but thats what stinks when folks will worry about weaponized small rc multirotors made by teenagers. this is the same kid who mounted the gun on a quad and videos it so the news programs repeatedly showed it.

seems like the days of kids shooting bottle rockets or roman candles are no longer enough to go viral on the tube.

to think all i want to do is race 250 quads and shoot videos with a gopro and fly my fixed wing planes. how boring.

Image for the news result
Police investigating after teenager posts video of flame-throwing drone
Q13.com‎ - 23 hours ago
CLINTON, Conn. — A teenager who posted a video of a drone firing a flame thrower may be ..
Old 12-10-2015, 11:40 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

And contributing to the YouTube viewing count only reinforces those who post crap there..........
Old 12-10-2015, 11:48 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

This is on the 5oclock news..... Youtube views aren't going to validate his actions. but I hear what your saying. Still,we in the hobby should be aware of what we are up against when standing up for a hobby we love so much to allow the likes of Austin to ruin it.

the more annoying thing, if I had these toys when i was a teenager, I to would be doing stupid things. as a teen i did many dumb things that never got recorded. glad i grew up in the stone age before cell phones and everything getting videoed.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:02 AM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

You mean like shooting bottle rockets out of pvc pipe at your friends? Blowing up plastic models with cherry bombs?

Old 12-11-2015, 12:08 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

"Still,we in the hobby should be aware of what we are up against when standing up for a hobby we love so much........"

Those that can and do make a difference in our hobby are completely aware "what we are up against".......just saying media and those who find pleasure in posting or viewing negative crap need little encouragement.......why throw gasoline on the fire by acknowledging the event........if less responded or (viewed), having complete awareness of the subject, those who are looking for encouragement would be less likely to broadcast.
It takes each and everyone of us "that give-a-sheet" to make a difference. It starts "at home"........if nobody watched the Super Bowl, the advertisers would not be standing in line for 30sec TV slots or paying +7 figures.....and the NFL who not be a Billion dollar establishment..........
Old 12-11-2015, 10:05 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

The simplistic view is to ignore ... but it doesn't work. The world has sadly moved on as Stu remarks ... today it's smartphones and YT.

What is needed is the guys like him to be properly prosecuted, not just highlighted by investigated. That just fuels his desire to be 'seen', to be controversial.

This is where unfortunately authority and legal ways falls apart. I work often in locations where the solution would be drag the idiot round the back and convince him to change his attitude ! Sorry to be blunt ... but the old days of the Copper who clipped the ear of a stupid kid is not allowed now. But I can say from personal experience - it never did me any harm and it certainly changed my ways !!

And of course we also know from his previous 'incidents' - his father is not exerting morally controlling element in his life ...

Nigel
Old 12-12-2015, 04:21 AM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
This is on the 5oclock news..... Youtube views aren't going to validate his actions. but I hear what your saying. Still,we in the hobby should be aware of what we are up against when standing up for a hobby we love so much to allow the likes of Austin to ruin it.

the more annoying thing, if I had these toys when i was a teenager, I to would be doing stupid things. as a teen i did many dumb things that never got recorded. glad i grew up in the stone age before cell phones and everything getting videoed.
What I think you are missing, Tobydogs, is the fact that people who do sh!t like thing don't give a good Nmad Dog about our hobby. So long as they get their undeserved 15 minutes the rest of us could go to heck for all they care.

And of course the sensationalist hungry press is happy to give it to them too.