Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

New to forum

Old 01-29-2008, 10:28 PM
mizzouHHR

Default New to forum

My name is Doug and I live in Cairo, Missouri. I've been into small 2 channel RC planes for a while, but decided it was time to move up. Unfortunately my yard doesn't' allow me to go bigger and better in planes, so I have decided to give RC Helicopters a whirl. I've flown the Air hog Havoc Helli for a while, and have some experience on other 2 channel counter-rotating Helli's. After a lot of research I've decided the Blade CP Pro is the Helli for me. I hope it is not too advanced for my experience, but I'm a quick learner, and have previous flying experience, just not with a Helli this maneuverable. I have spent a lot of time on a flight sim also, and I fully understand how a helicopter flies, and about cyclic, collective, and so on. So I'm hoping I'm not in over my head, and of course will be taking it very slow at first to get the hang of it. Wish me luck, and hope I don't destroy a $200 helicopter right off the bat
Old 01-29-2008, 11:17 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Hey Mizzou welcome to Wattflyer! Lot's of great folks here so pick their brains for advice!

I'm not into helis but I do know this is a great site for training!

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

Talked up by a lot of folks!

Good luck!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Welcome Mizzou! I kind of figured you were from Missouri when I read your username. I'm down by Joplin.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Heli Jim
Grandpa, Golfer, Pilot

Welcome, my friend.

I had a CP Pro but I started on a CX2 coaxial heli for a month or so and I also had a computer radio (DX7) to help with the sensativity of the CP Pro.

I would suggest that you use the RADD method that is linked in the earlier post. That's what I used and I didn't end up doing any real serious damage to my Pro. I have since sold it and bought a Blade 400, which I find to be much more stable, but it's not a beginner heli, either.

Go slow, take baby steps, and you should do fine. Check back here for help anytime that you need it....lots of friends here for you.

C-ya............
Old 01-30-2008, 04:27 AM
mizzouHHR

Thanks for the response! I did stumble accross the RADD school of rotary flight and bookmarked it. Lots of great info there, and I plan on following his instructions. I guess I should mention I have not bought my helli yet, but will very soon as I have a birthday coming. Thanks again for the great info.