Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Refugees from Ezone Gather here!

Old 10-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Mike Wizynajtys

Originally Posted by easytiger View Post
And yet he DID receive a point for it.
And...
What kind of person would REPORT somebody for saying "crap?" The Church Lady?
And what kind of moderator would ISSUE a point for "crap"?
It's pretty baffling to me.

He recieved a point. So what! How many points does someone need before they loose privledges? I don't recall the number, but it's a good many. All he had to do is be good for awhile and the point goes away. Why make a mountain out of one silly point?

Now, if he'd been issued several points for things as small as that and lost his privledges then that would be a problem.

Wiz
Old 10-11-2005, 05:08 PM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

"all he has to do is be good for a while..."
But he was not "BAD" in the first place.
Sorry, but it creates a stifling atmosphere of pettiness, of punitive punishment, that many people find uncomfortable, and don't wish to be a part of.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Mike Wizynajtys

Everybody talks about needing to have a thick skin when it comes to being in on-line discussions and this is no different. Again, if a pattern of being mistreated by the moderators is established then there is a problem. This one little instance establishes nothing. As I said above, I was issued a warning for something I found childish, but I didn't bother making a issue of it. Maybe if I were the type to get issued points on a regular basis and this one point put me over the top I'd feel differently, but I'm not in that position......and never will be.

Wiz
Old 10-11-2005, 05:44 PM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

Actually, you don't know if you are "that type" or not. Sometime, they may change the rules on you, and suddenly, you ARE "that type".
I know the board I signed up for a few years ago and the one that they now are are two different things, and I would NOT have signed up in the first place if it was what it is now.
I think it's pretty "crappy!"
Old 10-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Mike Wizynajtys

Don't I? I think I do.

Enjoy your new found freedom to use that word as much as you like in your on-line discussions about RC airplanes or whatever floats you boat.

Cheers,

Wiz
Old 10-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Mike,

I'm the one that got the point for saying "crappy". I was mad but I got over it. Then I got a warning for saying "there goes this thread" when SpencerJ stepped into the Mike Molt Tyro thread. That warning is still in effect. It was called an ad hominem personal attack! If you've been on RCG for any length of time you know what havoc that kid wreaked in every thread he invaded until he was finally permanently banned. I wanted to say something MUCH worse but didn't. Now you tell me, did I deserve warnings for either of these infractions? If you don't see these as petty, trivial and downright ridiculous then I give up. In fact I did give up. I found a much better place here at WattFlyer. Once the very few threads I'm still involved in at RCG have run their course I'll be done with that site.

I'm just one of many, many, many other people that have had to deal with the inconsistent and unusual policies the moderators created for their own purposes. No two moderators operated in the same way. You usually know when you are pushing the limits but what are you supposed to do when you get punished for something that wouldn't offend your grandmother?
I honestly couldn't care less about the points. It's the way they are handed out with no way to defend yourself that irks me. I feel like I've been spanked and told to go sit in the corner. I don't appreciate being treated like that and I don't have to put up with it. Again, that's why I'm here now. Not so I can say crap or make personal attacks if I want. It's just a matter of not feeling like I'm on egg shells everytime I come to this site.

Like easytiger said, RCG is a much different place than when I joined back in 2002. I don't like what it's become either.

Joe
Old 10-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Mike Wizynajtys

I honestly couldn't care less about the points. It's the way they are handed out with no way to defend yourself that irks me. I feel like I've been spanked and told to go sit in the corner.
No way to defend yourself?

From the RCG rules:
Appeals Users may appeal their warnings by posting a thread in the Site Suggestions / Complaints forum, which is monitored by the site administrators. Please provide the administrator with a link to the post and a brief explanation of why you are appealing.

I think you are taking the warning system over there too personally. Yeah it's a somewhat automated system, but it's a big site. If you got a little out of line *edit* admit it. If you didn't and it bothers you then make a proper appeal.

Oh well. There is always this site. Hopfully, you'll find it more to your likeing.

Wiz

Last edited by Mike Parsons; 10-12-2005 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

You know I just have to ask the question everyone else is thinking. How much is Jim Bourke paying you to troll here? We all have our reasons why we are at WattFlyer and here you are trying to tell us all why we are wrong. Do you expect us to go back on our knees begging forgiveness? If you are so happy at RCG then by all means stay there. I've stayed out of this thread for a few days even though the argument has been over a warning point I got. Then I get my manhood insulted. **edit**

Joe

Last edited by Mike Parsons; 10-12-2005 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:40 AM
ozace

Its been a nice read boys, hope you enjoyed the vent. I have enjoyed the read. I think ,aybe some take this forum stuff to seriously. I go to the forums for assistance and up to date info. I will go where the "product" is. I have noticed a change in rcg too but its not my life just a hobby. Time to move forward. Joe, i am looking forward to some of you build threads, they provided lots of interesting help and info over there, now we can have some here. Same to Buzz.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:00 AM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Yeah, I don't know why I let these guys get under my skin. Better to just ignore them I guess. Let me be happy here. Let him be happy at RCG. Then we're all happy!

Joe
Old 10-12-2005, 04:00 AM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

I normally would send a PM for parties to edit posts on their own, but since I feel this thread needs a break, I am editing a couple and am closing this thread down for an undetermined amount of time. I will PM users individually.

Thanks,
Mike