Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Refugees from Ezone Gather here!

Old 10-02-2005, 05:19 AM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

Default Refugees from Ezone Gather here!

Been banned, abused, removed from moderator status, or just plain dissapointed by what happened to ezone?
Check in here!
Old 10-02-2005, 05:32 AM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Hehe. I've been here about two weeks. What took you so long?
WattFlyer is growing very fast. I think it's going to give RCPoops a real run for its money.

Joe
Old 10-02-2005, 05:37 AM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

Good question!

I don't know WHAT is happening over there. They had some really bad moderators for the last year(and some really great ones, too) but the whole thing turned south with the warning system. I've seen it before on other boards, it absolutely destroys any real dialogue, and you have these people pushing report buttons all day.
I got absolutely rediculous warnings(and some deserved) but I just got banned for the second time...for nothing.
That's it for me, I'm not the problem(this time!), Rcgroups is.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:47 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

But easytiger - Mr. Lin is not here, what will you do?

Mike
Old 10-02-2005, 05:44 PM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

Thank God for that.
Everywhere you go on that site, you see Mr. Houng-Wen Lin spewing his nonsense, and an army of syncophant LinMings sucking it up.
Saint Lin. Sure.

Anyway, as long as he does not show up HERE, who cares?

What's with all the fired moderators? Did he fire them all?
Old 10-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

I don't know what's up with the warning system there. It's like their minds have been taken over by Jerry Falwell or something.
I got my first warning for describing something as crappy. My last warning was for saying "there goes this thread" when SpencerJ showed up in the Molt Models Tyro thread. Michael Heer called it a personal attack. You can try to contest the warning but they just ignore you.
I'd like to say some nasty things about Mr. Heer and all the other holier than though mods on RCPoops but I won't. Lets just say that I have a problem with whimps on a power trip that hide behind the internet and leave it at that.

Joe
Old 10-02-2005, 09:38 PM
buzzltyr

Joe, that's why I wouldn't post my Eva graphic on RCG. And I only post in threads where I can offer sound advice (after having been criticized several times for advice which I knew was pretty good). I don't post in the off topic forums, at all. Not worth the hassle. I never had a run-in with a mod, but then I keep my posts very, very tame. Basically just posting in the MM/SA/Molt threads, when appropriate. Probably why my post count is so low there, despite over two years of daily viewing.

Mark
Old 10-02-2005, 11:51 PM
termite
Super Contributor

Default I Quit

The E-Zone and me are thru. PERIOD

How ya been Joe?? Nice to see ya postin'

Can't even post a for sale thread over there without someone puttin a bunch of crap in it and when ya tell em what ya think=WARNING POINT

I'll be offering up a couple bargains in the for sale area so keep your eyes open!!!!

Randy
Dynamo Electrics
Old 10-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Glad to see another good vendor show up here Randy! I always look forward to your sales. Sure wish you had servos as I'm in the market for some of the new Hitec HS-65HB's when they come out.

I took a quick look on your website and saw you now have the EDF Models 303 Airliner. Oh my God what a beautiful plane. I did some reading about it and watched the videos. It ain't cheap but it looks to be worth every penny. If I ever have a bag of money fall out of the sky and hit me you'll be hearing from me for one of these.

Joe
Old 10-03-2005, 12:24 AM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Let's get a link to your website out here in the open.

Dynamo Electrics

Joe
Old 10-03-2005, 12:43 AM
E-Challenged

Default Watts Wrong With E-Zone?

I have been haunting E-Zone, posting and replying for about 3 years and didn't notice much out and out nastiness. I have gotten tons of useful information and hopefully helped others on E-Zone. I appreciate all the time and effort spent by the moderators and other volunteers who made E-Zone available and hope that it doesn't become so politically correct that it becomes like the model magazines. When you see the way anonymous people drive and react to each other on freeways, it's not surprising that some rub each other the wrong way on internet forums.Trouble makers and trolls live for confrontation, ignore them and they will usually go away.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:46 AM
termite
Super Contributor

THANKS JOE

Randy
Old 10-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

What's wrong with E-Zone is the lack of consistency with which the moderators rule. They use no set guidelines as to how to run the forum. When I got the warning for saying crappy to describe something I did a search for the word and the moderators themselves were some of the worst offenders for using the same word! There are a lot of people that are sick of the way things are going over there. That's why they're coming here. WattFlyer offers something fresh and new for us. If you're happy there then by all means continue to use the resources they offer. As soon as the few threads I'm involved in run their course I'll be leaving them for good and having my membership removed.

Joe
Old 10-03-2005, 01:40 AM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Take a look at some of the complaints in THIS forum on RCG. It'll give you an idea of what we're talking about.

Joe
Old 10-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Twmaster

A long time ago when I first joined RCG. (*blink* holy makerel! 4 years ago!) that was the place to be. After the onslaught of moderator madness I kinda drifted away. About the only thing I do over there anymore is buy and sell goodies. 'Tis a shame.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:29 AM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

It's a whole weird situation. I hear the moderators complaining about how they got treated so badly by Jim, but on the other hand, it was really poor moderation that created the problem in the first place.

Family freindly...sure. But giving someone a slap for "crappy?" Is that like, QUAKER family friendly?

I also maintain that the whole "point" system is pathetic. Did you see that guy, sensiblenick, who got NINE points for one thread? How sad is that?

Somebody is off their meds, and that site is sinking fast.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:36 AM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

Originally Posted by Turbojoe
Let's get a link to your website out here in the open.

Dynamo Electrics

Joe
That airliner is just awesome.
The new business jet is even MORE awesome. When does that come in?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:38 AM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

Originally Posted by E-Challenged
I have been haunting E-Zone, posting and replying for about 3 years and didn't notice much out and out nastiness. I have gotten tons of useful information and hopefully helped others on E-Zone. I appreciate all the time and effort spent by the moderators and other volunteers who made E-Zone available and hope that it doesn't become so politically correct that it becomes like the model magazines. When you see the way anonymous people drive and react to each other on freeways, it's not surprising that some rub each other the wrong way on internet forums.Trouble makers and trolls live for confrontation, ignore them and they will usually go away.
Yup. Troublemakers and trolls are not really a big deal.
Overzealous moderators are BIGGER deal.
And what's with anybody who says anything that somebody does not like suddenly get called a "troll" over there? Does anybody there even know what a troll is?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:53 AM
termite
Super Contributor

easytiger,
Hope to have the Lear Jet by the end of November!!!!
Can't wait; That is the sleekest sexyest airplane EVER!!!!!

Randy
Old 10-03-2005, 05:57 AM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

What kind of construction are they? Is it plastic over foam?
Old 10-03-2005, 06:05 AM
Craig

My first post here on this site and looking forward to many more. Been an Ezone user for almost 3 years. I really used to like all the new planes people were building and the different ideas you could always find. But it seems over the past year or so there has only been a couple of people coming out with really nice kits that are worth anything. Seems most companies are all just coming out with variations of the same old designs by a different name.
You used to find new planes designs coming out all the time with really cool covering schemes. So I am hoping to find some new ideas here to build.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:52 PM
termite
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by easytiger
What kind of construction are they? Is it plastic over foam?

Very nice molded plastic with EPP formers and other inovative construction methods.

More info here www.edfmodel.com

I've got the 303 on my website www.dynamoelectrics.com

Randy
Old 10-03-2005, 02:58 PM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

Originally Posted by Craig
My first post here on this site and looking forward to many more. Been an Ezone user for almost 3 years. I really used to like all the new planes people were building and the different ideas you could always find. But it seems over the past year or so there has only been a couple of people coming out with really nice kits that are worth anything. Seems most companies are all just coming out with variations of the same old designs by a different name.
You used to find new planes designs coming out all the time with really cool covering schemes. So I am hoping to find some new ideas here to build.
I saw that, too. That there aren't as many interesting and innovative posts and models coming out on ezone anymore. Not a slight on those who ARE posting interesting stuff, and there are a few. But hardly the way it used to be.

Content is king, and the content ain't what it used to be. May or may not be ezone's fault, but I did notice the lack of content.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Matt Kirsch
Super Contributor

Guys, welcome to WattFlyer.com! We hope you like what you see. Rest assured, we are not going to censor you for expressing your opinion about a product, as long as you don't get too colorful (i.e. George Carlin's 7 words you can't say on TV), and we will try to be as fair and even-handed with the moderation as is humanly possible (i.e. obviously we can't read every post).

I know some of you guys are a little bitter over changes that have been made recently at Ezone, but please remember that this site has rules too. We're a LOT looser than what Ezone has allegedly become, but please refrain from using this board as a place to play "beat on" Jim Bourke, Mr. Lin, or any other other Ezone personality. Personal attacks and flaming are not allowed here either, and some of the talk I'm seeing above is getting mighty close to the line...

The rules are right here:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15
Old 10-03-2005, 03:21 PM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

Be aware that Ezone never had a problem with anybody using THIER site for venting/beating up on/whatever RCU/Wattflyer!
If this thread serves as a place of entry for frustrated ezoners to your site, be glad it's here.
I can't speak for anybody else, but I myself don't seriously lose sleep over any of this web stuff, but it's nice to talk about it now and then. I think many of us had a lot invested into ezone, and are very dissapointed with the way things are going.
It's like this:
I would NEVER have contributed 3500 posts to ezone if I had known it would turn into what it is. Never. That is what is bothersome.
Mr. Lin? As long as he does not show up here spamming, who cares about him? Happy to leave him out of it.

Quick Reply: Refugees from Ezone Gather here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.13854 seconds with 10 queries