Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

Fastest Delta Pusher Jet

Old 01-18-2021, 01:36 AM
Claym

Cool Fastest Delta Pusher Jet

Hello fellow flight mates. New to the forum and thought I would share a scratch built pusher jet design that I modeled after the stryker. It's a simple build but was put together as a speed machine. It has a Gartt 450 3700kv heli motor on it and I've been using a 4s battery with a gemfan 4.75x4.75 prop. This setup is making around 1500 watts and 100 amps on a motor that's only rated a little more than 300 watts. It's a winter time setup for sure. The cold air is a must for this setup. Gets hot pretty quick with short bursts when doing speed passes. I haven't been able to find a scratch built delta pusher that has the speed to match it yet. I don't believe that I just accidentally achieved anything special with a spur of the moment order of a cheap motor and battery purchase on a quick mock-up of a less than average pieced together jet like pusher build with foam board. I know I have a lot to learn about aerodynamics so therefore I believe that I can continue to gain higher speeds in the future. Currently working on a new design with the hopes of more speed on 4s. I'm sure this can be done rather easily but only time will tell. Would like to enter into the 100mph club as soon as possible. I don't have any pics of it right now, just videos of it on YouTube. I will get pics of it uploaded soon. For anyone interested in a video of it in action my YouTube name is Michael Clayborne. It's the pink pusher jet. Listed as fastest rc delta jet passes.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:00 AM
Claym

With the doppler app I got a reading of 169mph on one of the passes with this setup. Foam can achieve high speed if braced well.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:05 AM
Claym

Hoping to break 180mph with my next build. Speed is so addictive, and has been suprisingly cheap so far.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:59 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Good luck! I got 157 out of Ritewing Demon back out 7-8 years ago. Still got the remnants of of after it caught fire mid flight once when the ESC exploded...

Had a devil of a time keeping up with it... don't have the eyes to keep up with them that fast any more.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:07 AM
Claym

I understand. Can't hold full throttle for more than a few seconds in a straight line pass or it becomes a speck in the sky.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:08 AM
Claym

I like those Ritewings
Old 01-18-2021, 04:29 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

I have 2 IYF night flyers's a TL50 unfinished and the Demon carcass. lol They are nice flying birds for sure.

This was my Demon before it's demise.

Old 01-18-2021, 09:18 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I have the dubious honour of 222kph with a Hobby King Parkjet ..... it had a 450 Heli motor with 3S battery ... 4S was tried - but she was uncontrollable. To launch the 'Beast' as she was nicknamed by fellow club members - I used a bungee catapult ramp.

Here's one of the slow flights :

Here's trying to get her away with 4S :

I used a Pitot tube speed checker making sure I avoided dives and false speed runs.

I later created a 'twin' Parkjet using two 250 Heli motors - but it just would not fly !! Calculations indicated a speed of over 300kph if I could get her to launch !

I've pushed 50mm EDF T45 to over 150kph ... another I fitted a pusher prop and she hits 180+ kph ...

My problem now is reaction time ... I'm not so young anymore and eyes are not what they used to be !!
Old 01-19-2021, 04:17 PM
Claym

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
I have the dubious honour of 222kph with a Hobby King Parkjet ..... it had a 450 Heli motor with 3S battery ... 4S was tried - but she was uncontrollable. To launch the 'Beast' as she was nicknamed by fellow club members - I used a bungee catapult ramp.

Here's one of the slow flights :

https://youtu.be/5IFOo0fn4jo

Here's trying to get her away with 4S :

https://youtu.be/UfpL-ZDRYDc

I used a Pitot tube speed checker making sure I avoided dives and false speed runs.

I later created a 'twin' Parkjet using two 250 Heli motors - but it just would not fly !! Calculations indicated a speed of over 300kph if I could get her to launch !

I've pushed 50mm EDF T45 to over 150kph ... another I fitted a pusher prop and she hits 180+ kph ...

My problem now is reaction time ... I'm not so young anymore and eyes are not what they used to be !!
​​​​​Hey Nigel. Ive been reading up on your need for speed thread and I'm impressed with the speeds you've accomplished on 3s. Wasn't aware that the parkjet that you have in the camo scheme was so aerodynamic. Would love to get one and do some testing with different power plants. Ive never owned a factory built foam pusher before. Another pusher that I would like to play with is the dragon jet kit. It has a real sharp nose on it and looks to be super slippery. Hoping to get one in the near future and put it through its paces.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:00 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Sadly - the Parkjet was discontinued and later a smaller version brought out. The original we used (there was a group of us here on WF) - was about as small as you would want to go. At the speeds we were getting - it became a problem to keep an eye on it.

Yes 3S ... but remember that was a 3800~ kv on 5x5 prop ... I did try a 4000kv ... but it fried the ESC when testing.

The nearest to it was the Striker ... but it was heavier and for me not so easy to push the envelope. Some tried with the Radjet - but I think its wing config was against it.

I still have both my originals ..... the third one I was kindly given and flew - you will not believe this - I remember putting it with others after flight - but cannot find it !!

What about this .... 50mm EDF T45 modified to 3400kv + 4.1 x 4.1 pusher prop .....

We clocked her to over 180kph ..... I still have her as well !!

Here's another 50mm T45 I have with a 5000kv EDF ..... on 4S again ... but slow - 140+ kph

Happy days !!
Old 01-20-2021, 08:27 AM
Claym

This is a video of the delta pusher that I started this thread about. Just figured out how to post it. It keeps me on my toes for sure. I don't think I blink the whole flight for fear of losing site of it.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:37 AM
Claym

This video has the fastest passes of the delta pusher. Pretty happy with the speed but I want more. Too much doesn't seem enough. This is a very addictive hobby with the only fix for the craving is more speed!
Old 01-20-2021, 09:39 AM
Claym

Here's another video of it screaming past. I'm just never satisfied with the speeds I've achieved for long. Seems to be a craving for more and more speed. It's definitely an addictive hobby. I've got another pusher that is fitted with a 4000kv heli motor on 4s and it's a burner too. Not quite as fast as the pink pusher with the 3700kv motor on 4s though. The 4000kv motor doesn't sound like it turns up the rpms like the 3700kv motor. Just doesn't match the power of the lower kv motor with the same 4s and same prop on each. Has me scratching my head somewhat but hey, it's a learning experience for me at least. I've come to the realization that there's a lot to learn in this amazing hobby.