Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Bikers, Show us your rides!

Old 07-18-2008, 02:40 PM
buzzbomber
Matt Smith

CTD, it was a van that almost got me the other day, too. Fool was stopped and sitting at a stop sign letting a passenger out, then decided to pull out and turn left in front of me at the exact moment I was starting my left turn onto the street he was leaving. He HAD to have seen me or been legally blind. If I was going any faster, he would've taken my front end off before I could stop. Watch out for those vans, everybody, and keep riding like you're invisible.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Nothing a hand full of bearings couldnt fix. Not that I encourage that...
Old 07-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Mr. Baggins
Goofball

CTD,
That is one more bad-ass ride. (Valkyrie) I would love to twist the grip on that one.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Just put my bike up for sale

I am going to leave in on my driveway for 1 week, then move it to the lemon lot on base.

Sad day indeed, but it is the right thing to do with our first child on its way.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:32 PM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

The planes are next.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Shut your mouth! RC airplanes are not nearly as dangerous

Woohoo. I have 1234 post.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:11 AM
buzzbomber
Matt Smith

My wife told me NOT to sell the bike when she was pregnant with our daughter. I had plenty of "moments of responsibility" where I was tempted to do so, but the bike's still here. I plan on taking another advanced street skills rider course though...

...besides, living in New Jersey is way more hazardous than riding motorcycles anyway.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:20 AM
Mr. Baggins
Goofball

So how much is the bike going for Brian? You could just have her take out more insurance on you.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:21 AM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

An inexpensive 4G's
Old 07-19-2008, 04:26 AM
Mr. Baggins
Goofball

4 Goo Goo clusters! What a deal. Wish I could afford to let go of it right now. I should of bought a sport bike to begin with. I've seen some really kewl looking trikes cruising around here lately.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Here is a quick picture of my Valk. I love my bike, it is smooth as butter on the open road and around town. She has had some custom work on her. The back fender is an Arlin Ness tail dragger and it now has 2 seats. I had to put the back seat on for the wife.

CTD
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Valkyrie.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	73166  
Old 07-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Mr. Baggins
Goofball

Originally Posted by Crash Test Dummy View Post
I had to put the back seat on for the wife.

CTD
You sure she don't have you riding the feminine seat
Old 07-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Bill,

Ha Ha Ha, no she don't get to drive the Valk. She couldn't hold it up. The Valk is aproix 750 Lbs.

CTD
Old 07-20-2008, 02:10 PM
airmail wf
Super Contributor

Bill,

Ha Ha Ha, no she don't get to drive the Valk. She couldn't hold it up. The Valk is aproix 750 Lbs.

CTD
Now,now it's just a matter of balance....... and long legs................
Old 07-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

You don't know my wife. When we were 1st dating I wanted her to get a small bike so she could ride with me. Then I saw her riding my Moms 50cc scooter. That changed my mind real quick, she would kill herself. She has issues with getting dizzy. I don't think that is a good trait for a Motorcycle rider to have. She trips over her own feet sometimes. She is better off sitting behind me, LOL!!

CTD
Old 07-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Mr. Baggins
Goofball

My sister is 38 or so and she got her first motorcycle after she saw mine. I have not ridden with her yet but my brother says she's quite the animal on that thing. Honda Shadow 600 I believe. First year they made them. She's always been right in there with the boys though and took much punishment from two older brothers while growing up. She can or used to be able to drink most of my friends under the table too. You can tell she's the alpha figure in the house as well. The dogs won't listen to her husband or any of the kids but when she walks in they cower in the corner until she acknowledges them.

All that and she can cook too. Quite the catch if you can handle her I guess you'd say

Just washed my bike down and dried it with the leaf blower. Time to break out the polishing stuff.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:25 PM
airmail wf
Super Contributor

You don't know my wife. When we were 1st dating I wanted her to get a small bike so she could ride with me. Then I saw her riding my Moms 50cc scooter. That changed my mind real quick, she would kill herself. She has issues with getting dizzy. I don't think that is a good trait for a Motorcycle rider to have. She trips over her own feet sometimes. She is better off sitting behind me, LOL!!

CTD
My wife doesn't ride either. Case in point....We are riding our bicycles on a bike trail and I pass her up...... she falls over.......need I say more.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:41 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by airmail wf View Post
My wife doesn't ride either. Case in point....We are riding our bicycles on a bike trail and I pass her up...... she falls over.......need I say more.
I hear that!!

CTD
Old 07-30-2008, 08:07 PM
robert44c5

Default Questio for Nitro Blast...

Nitro,

That is one Awesome 05 Zuma scooter you got. I just got an 08 and wanting to do some external modifications, I'm finding lots of Performace upgrades, but not alot of cosmedic. Would you mind telling where (web site?) you got your Rear Fender Kit?

Thanks,

Originally Posted by Nitro Blast View Post
I've owned Yamaha's consistantly since before I had a DL. '72 DT250, '79 XT500, '85 FJ600 & '99 FJ1200.

Now, I have come full circle. Heres my '05 ZUMA

It sports many mods, motor work, gearing change and more. 50cc's gets me 55mph, and 85 MPG. I've never been hassled by the PD on this, but got constantly looked at with my FJ.. gee, I wonder why that is...

I've owned a bunch of bikes. This one by far has given me the most fun per dollar invested (and it isnt considered a motorcycle!). Cheap to ride, own and insure. So cheap in fact, we got my wife one!

Her's has about 50% of the modification work that mine has. Notice her bike still has full plastics (rear fender) , and is lower when compared to mine.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Hughes500Bob
Full Scale Pilot

1983 FXDG 1 of 811 produced. I just put antique plates on it. I am the original owner. Twin Belt Limited Edition Wide Glide. The DG designation was for Disc Glide due to the 2 piece riveted spun aluminum rear wheel (not cast!). I had three Sportsters prior to this and also a 1987 750 Ninja.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fxdgside1.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	74104   Click image for larger version

Name:	fxdgside2.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	74105  
Old 07-31-2008, 12:39 AM
airmail wf
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Hughes500Bob View Post
1983 FXDG 1 of 811 produced. I just put antique plates on it. I am the original owner. Twin Belt Limited Edition Wide Glide. The DG designation was for Disc Glide due to the 2 piece riveted spun aluminum rear wheel (not cast!). I had three Sportsters prior to this and also a 1987 750 Ninja.
I didn't know you could get antique plates for a bike in PA. Mine is a 80 FLH way back in the beginning of this thread. Is there any advantage to the antique plate?

I just realized this thread has been going on for over 2 and a half years......pretty cool.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:05 AM
Hughes500Bob
Full Scale Pilot

"I didn't know you could get antique plates for a bike in PA. Mine is a 80 FLH way back in the beginning of this thread. Is there any advantage to the antique plate?
"

One time $92 re-title and permanent registration fee (just like 15 year Classic Plate) and NO MORE INSPECTION REQUIRED! So this payment to PA DOT is the last I have to make.

I also have every original part ..... including the tires ..... but I am riding on new tires. Bought a Lifetime HOG Membership when I bought the bike for $150 .... which also started in 1983. Great investment.

Thanks for starting this thread!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 03:01 AM
airmail wf
Super Contributor

Bob, We all need to thank Don Sims he used my post and started this great thread. Thanks Don. Two and a half years later......

Are there any restrictions for riding at night. I think I remember something about Classic plates for cars and not being able to drive at night.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:09 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

LOL Airmail!! What did I do? Split a thread?? I can't remember yesterday too well much less two and a half years ago!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 03:19 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Gotta love the Valkyrie. I love my Stryker too!! It's brushless and very fast , just like my Valkyrie!

Hey Don,

Are you a member of the VRCC? http://www.valkyrieriders.com/

CTD
Uppps CTD, missed that a while back!! Yes, I'm in the VOAI and VRCC. Went to the VOAI rally in Arkansas last year and Keystone, SD this year. Inzane is this coming weekend and Drakkar keeps whispering something about going... (I wish.)

I've put a bit more chrome on the Valk since that first photo....and put on turn down pipes. Need to get a photo of it without my wife standing by the bike. (My two loves.)

Quick Reply: Bikers, Show us your rides!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10801 seconds with 14 queries