Simulator Cables Compatible With HITEC Flash 5X

Old 06-16-2016, 12:13 AM
model mad

Default Simulator Cables Compatible With HITEC Flash 5X

First Post

MM
Old 06-16-2016, 12:18 AM
model mad

Default What Simulator Cables Are Compatible With HITEC Flash 5X?

For many years I happily ran FMS on my Windows XP computer, till Microsoft decided to stop supporting XP and I had to change to Windows 7.

With the change to Windows 7, FMS would no longer run.

It needed a .dll file (which was not hard to get and install), but it also needed DirectX9, (Windows 7 has DirectX10) and I was not prepared to downgrade, (not fully knowing the consequences for doing this), so I decided to get new up-to-date simulator cables and programs.

I found a number of offering on the net. Banggood has two simulators cable kits:

20 In 1 USB Simulator for RC G6.5 Phoenix 4.0 XTR VRC2 FMS @$11.66
http://www.banggood.com/20-In-1-USB-...S-p-89810.html

22 in 1 RC Flight Simulator Cable for G7 Phoenix 5.0 Aerofly XTR VRC FPV Racing @$8.42
http://www.banggood.com/22-in-1-RC-F...-p-950398.html

Not to be outdone Hobby King also sells a number of simulator cable kits. This is one:

USB Simulator Cable All in One
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ll_in_One.html

It has become very bewildering to me to sort through all the above info and work out the best kit to buy, so I am turning to those who already have these kits, (and are using them), to kindly provide me with some advice.
I particularly would like to know the following:

1- Which of the above offerings are the best one to buy, (regard; reliability, features, included hardware and software, usability with future software releases, etc).

I ask because only last month Banggood was not including the software CD with the cables (even though it was showing it in the photos), but were allowing a download of the simulator software from their website. They now seem to have gone back to including the software CD).

Hobby King on the other hand was including the CD with the cables but was neither showing it in the photo with the cables, or mentioning it in the contents of the kit.
It was mentioned in passing in the Customer Reviews.

2- I intend to use the simulator cable with my old Hitec Flash 5X with (by connecting to its DIN trainer port using the larger of the DIN plugs that come with these cables). The DIN socket on the Flash 5X is 13mm in diameter. Is the larger of the two DIN plugs provided with any of the above sets of cables, compatible with the HITEC Flash 5X DIN socket in regard to both size, and wiring polarity or will I need to buy this cable to use wit my Transmitter?

Futaba/Hitec Transmitter Adapter Plug 3.5mm to DIN6 for Flight Simulator
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Simulator.html

Banggood customer service were not familiar with the HITEC Flash 5X radio and therefore could not advice on this point.

There must be some modellers out there who are using their retired Flash 5X to run simulators using these very cables and who can help with advice.

Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance

MM
Old 06-16-2016, 03:37 AM
Wrongway-Feldman

Those multi cable adapters work on most transmitters. Keep in mind that those cables circumvent the anti piracy measures of the flight sims. They also ship wiith pirated copies of realflight and other software. If you are not comfortable with pirated software then I don't recommend those 20 in one type bundles.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:56 PM
model mad

Default Nany Thanks For Your Input

Dear WF,

Many thanks for your input, and my apology for the late reply to your post.

As I mentioned to another commenter on a different site, my main worry was the suitability of the cables for my now, "ancient", equipment, concerning plug size and polarity. Banggood could not answer my question regard this point.

My Hitec Flash 5x trainer socket is a DIN 6 and is wired like a Futaba trainer socket/ trainer cable of the same vintage.

Futaba has since changed its training cable socket/ plug to a new, square, design and I am not sure if Hitec has gone that route too, or whether it stuck with the same DIN 6 plug and the same polarity.

My main worry is not if the software is pirated or legal, but that if there is any change in the polarity of the cables (to suit modern radios), that could damage either my computer or controller.

I was hoping that someone who has actually used these cables on his Flash 5X successfully might be able to assure me of their suitability.

Kind regards

MM