General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Everything You Wanted To Know About Electric Powered Flight

Old 11-10-2021, 11:21 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

Ed, how about updating what beginners planes there are out there now?
Old 11-14-2021, 06:11 PM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Great suggestion Don. The problem I would have is the rapidly changing choices in the market. Makers create and discontinue models rather quickly. And new ones are coming out all the time. Frankly, I could never keep it current.

The other problem is that I don't really follow the beginner electric airplane market like a used to. Being well beyond a beginner-level pilot, I don't really survey the market so my suggestions would be very limited. LIkely I would not have flown the models I would be recommending. I would not feel I was providing well-researched recommendations. But I appreciate the suggestion. Perhaps someone else will pick this up in a new thread.

I have been trying to keep this book more at the fundamental knowledge level. I am looking to provide a foundation upon which the reader can build.

One topic I have been considering updating is flight stabilization. This feature is now built into the receivers used in many new RTF models. I am not exactly sure how I would approach other than as an update to the receiver chapter.

I would welcome thoughts on that topic. Some people love flight stabilization and some hate it. And frankly, I don't know how specific it is to electric models as those same receivers work in gas and glow planes. So is it really specific to electric-powered flight? I don't think so. But it certainly should be incorporated into the receiver chapter.