Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

RTF conversion to BNF

Old 05-16-2021, 05:49 PM
Groundloop
Groundloop

Default RTF conversion to BNF

I have an old HobbyZone Super Cub that has a bad receiver. I want to use a new Radio Link receiver. My problem is that the electrical connections between the old school Cub receiver and the new style RL receiver are completely different. Suggestions anyone?
Old 05-19-2021, 08:28 PM
pmullen503
Super Contributor

I believe you'll need new servos, receiver, and ESC. IIRC, the RTF receiver used 5 wire servos and had the ESC built in. It's worthwhile to replace the motor with a brushless unit and use lipo batteries as well.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:55 PM
Groundloop
Groundloop

Originally Posted by pmullen503 View Post
I believe you'll need new servos, receiver, and ESC. IIRC, the RTF receiver used 5 wire servos and had the ESC built in. It's worthwhile to replace the motor with a brushless unit and use lipo batteries as well.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have found that you are correct. I have since remedied the problem with my save it, 'cause you might need it some day box. Still using the original S C stuff and that's all I need for now. BTW, anyone that still has the antique S C as I have, can get parts from a Canadian company called Eliminator-RC. They have all the old style ESC/RCVR for all channels in stock at original prices.