Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB Electric Powered RC Planes for sale and wanted in here. Free to buy or sell!

Red Baron Snoopy Pilot - PIC UPDATE 12/30/06

Old 03-26-2007, 06:17 AM
CGFlyer

I owe you gentlemen a sincere apology. I ran into trouble with the arm molds. The first 3 Snoopys I ever cast came from a complete mold, but pulling him out of them mold tore parts of the mold and I have to cast him in three parts now, one for the head, one for the body and one mold for the two arms.

It is the mold with the two arms that has given me some problems. I have solved this problem and have 6 orders right now. Several Snoopys are done and I finish them tomorrow. Each mold takes 1.5 hours before the resin is cured enough to pull out of the mold. I will ship all by Tuesday and Wednesday.

I am NOT here to steal anyones money, I would like to believe I am a more standup guy than that. I understand your feelings and you have a right to them, I would feel the same way and say some of the same things.

I thought this post went up yesterday from the hotel, but apparently not.

Again, my sincerest apologies.

Here are some pictures that show the casts-

All the parts:

Here are the arms, the bads ones out of the mold on the left and the what they should look like on the right.

I contacted my hollywood prop buddies and got the fix for this issue.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:37 PM
laxlife

Thanks for checking in. Let me know when you ship, I'll let you know when it arrives. WD
Old 03-26-2007, 03:29 PM
CGFlyer

I have the arm molds ready and I am filling them tonight. 3 or 4 of these will Ship Tuesday, the rest on Wednesday.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

CG flyer::You've seemed a good fello before and I figgered you got sick or something, I build boats an know what a pain in the kiester mold'in resin can be, try some PSB on other releaseing agent, let me know if I can be of any help, your bub,stevecooper
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	planes 633.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	26976  
Old 03-26-2007, 06:57 PM
CGFlyer

Thank you steve,

I have moved to babypowder. With the mold as small as it is, it need something to "wick" the resin down in there and babypowder pulls it down.

Thanks steve, your snoopy is coming!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Default I just learned a new trick

Babypowder? I just learned a new trick! thanks , your bub, stevecooper
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	planes 637.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	26979  
Old 03-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Elfi Flyer
Elfi's, beauty in flight.

Believe it or not, Chase, I was concerned over you possibly having had an accident or some health problem. We (over on RCGroups) just lost a very dear friend - Wayne, aka Basketcase - to a health condition, and I was fearful something similar may have happened to you. No need to RUSH my order. I have some time yet before the projects get going wherein I will need a Snoopy. I would rather wait a week or two more and get a well cast figure, than have it rushed and end up with something neither you or I are completely satisfied with. Glad to hear you are "up and running".
Old 03-28-2007, 11:46 PM
CGFlyer

Thank you for the concern Elfi, I appreciate it. I am good to go, and these guys had a right to be concerned, I dont blame them.

I completed 3 more last night, so that three more that go out tomorrow, I have 4 more snoopys done up to the point of just needing their arms, which I hope to do tonight!

I thank you guys for staying on top of me and the snoopys.

CG
Old 03-29-2007, 04:02 AM
Flyer 1
Flying Is Living

I understand your problems, CGFlyer - in fact I'm going to order a Snoopy from ya soon (when I finish this outrageous paint job).
I'm a writer by trade, and back in those ancient times when you actually had to SNAIL-MAIL in a manuscript with a deadline, if it didn't arrive I got zapped royally. Usually it was a USPS screwup, not mine. Thank GOD for the internet - instant PDF transfers to impatient editors!
Anyhow - I just thought I'd hop in here and encourage one artist to another, one with words, the other with resin. Sometimes there are absolutely unavoidable delays, and we CAN'T deliver our product even though we give the job 200% of our time. It's just one of those things.
I have a good friend who makes pistol holsters, who's widely considered the best in the US. The waiting list for one of his STANDARD models is over six months. However, they're worth both the money and the wait.
Flyer
Old 04-04-2007, 01:55 AM
shovelheadfreak
Foam Fears Me

Default finally

it arrived and looks decent. not what i had hoped for but guess i should have asked more questions upfront. thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 02:49 AM
CGFlyer

shovelhead, what were you hoping for? If you give me your input, it could lead to a better product, and I would be glad to send you the first one oout of the mold for free.

4 more ship tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Block2

It is a Playstation 2 game - we bought it (I think for only $20 new)...it is a LOT of fun.

Originally Posted by Flyer 1 View Post
Oh yeah, just remembered I had this. It's a Playstation game titled, somewhat strangely, "Snoopy vs. The Red Baron"!
Yep, the game exists - I don't know hard it'd be to find now, but is definitely fun.
Here's a screenshot:
Flyer
Old 04-05-2007, 04:09 AM
shovelheadfreak
Foam Fears Me

i didn`t realize it was not going to be 1 piece. on mine the area where the arms join the body doesn`t look very good. as i mentioned before i should have asked more questions i guess.
sorry for causing any problems but i do like to be kept informed when i spend my hard earned money..jim
thanks again
Old 04-05-2007, 03:17 PM
CGFlyer

Shovelheadfreak,

I am trying to figure out how to solve that issue. I have to cast him in 3 parts as I mentioned above, and I would love to have him as a one piecer. I may redo the sculpt at the end of the summer and see what happens. I will send you one for review when I do.

CG
Old 10-17-2007, 12:42 AM
flyerforlife

Default snooper

hey dude really want a snoopy send me a email saying how much and the size just got a p-51 mustang pts rtf.
thx
Old 10-17-2007, 03:16 AM
laxlife

Don't be too anxious. As per post #102 I ordered mine 6 months ago and I've never gotten one. I think this is either an incompetent businessman or a scammer. Acknowledge and move on.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:37 AM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

I need to wake a sleepy thread.

All the pics are deleted. Do you have anymore you can share. I jsut pick up a H9 SC and would love to have one for my pilot
Old 11-02-2008, 02:51 AM
Gohmer
Banned

Smile Snoopy

Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post

All the pics are deleted. Do you have anymore you can share. I jsut pick up a H9 SC and would love to have one for my pilot
Pics of mine are on page 2, post 76 and 80
Old 11-02-2008, 02:57 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post

Here is one of mine in my sons Jenny.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17nd8l0Gx6g[/media]