Aerial Photography Discuss all aerial photography topics as they relate to rc aircraft

Show where you fly!!

Old 09-24-2014, 01:01 AM
Wrongway-Feldman

Default Show where you fly!!

Seeing as I said I would contribute to the possible AP contest I thought I'd get a little practice in.
So here then is my very first video footage. Used the camera that came with my blade 180QX. Can't say I'm happy with the video quality of this camera.
I think I will have to by a better camera. And possibly fly on a less windy day.
The camera was mounted to my HK Slow Stick as it was the easiest plane to mount the camera to without modifications.

Secondly, to get some more videos and pictures posted around here, Show us where you fly.
This footage is where I fly every moment I have a chance and the weather co-operates.
I have 10 acres of nearly all grassland. It's peaceful and quiet. And no neighbors for miles.

PS: The piece that fell off near the end was the landing gear. Was able to float her in with no damage done.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:09 AM
vonveska

Default Flying on the slope

In good conditions I like flying on the slope. The owner allows the club members to use the slope for flying.
Slope flying

Last edited by vonveska; 10-14-2014 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Embedded video - got it now!
Old 10-16-2014, 04:11 PM
Porcia83

our field from on high. We've since moved our heli pad back about 75 years. Always great to have two runway to land on too!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WFCField1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	177928  
Old 10-16-2014, 06:24 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Default Places I Fly

Here's the locations I fly at currently:

In front of my home.

Up in the hills above my home.

School and soccer fields near my home.

Norton Air Field with the Pomona Valley Gang.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Stevephoon
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Porcia83 View Post
our field from on high. We've since moved our heli pad back about 75 years. Always great to have two runway to land on too!
So you know Doc Brown too? How else could you you "move it back ... about 75 years"?

I recently created a video on with footage of our field while searching for a friends missing/downed giant sized Spacewalker.. The tree's here are looking good this time of year!

Steve

http://youtu.be/lOKwiwju1w0
Old 10-16-2014, 07:47 PM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Default Racine WI club field

Here is a video taken from my Giant Scale Big Stick a month or two ago. Note the second model airplane at around the 3 minute mark.

That model now has some 350 flights on it, with the Hacker A60-16M motor, 19X12 prop, and 12S2P A123 battery pack. It's the power system that gave me my 3KW rating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taei...ature=youtu.be

And, the model that was used:
Great Planes Giant Big Stick Electric Conversion
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65052
Old 10-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Porcia83

Originally Posted by Stevephoon View Post
So you know Doc Brown too? How else could you you "move it back ... about 75 years"?

I recently created a video on with footage of our field while searching for a friends missing/downed giant sized Spacewalker.. The tree's here are looking good this time of year!

Steve

Spell check/auto fill gets me again! As Cher once said...if I could turn back time....
Old 10-17-2014, 04:19 AM
mclarkson
Super Contributor

I fly at a couple of places. Here's a small schoolyard very near to my house:

And a much larger park / schoolyard about 15 minutes away:

I also fly occasionally at a very large, open field about 15-20 minutes away, and a park in the next town, but I don't wanna over-post.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Wisc-BK
Watch this........:-(

I fly in my backyard/field.... when the wind is nice !!! Taken from a balloon ride we went on that went over our home.

Name:	Field.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	177974  
Old 10-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Tepid Pilot

Where else?

TP

Name:	sky2.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	177977  
Old 10-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by Wisc-BK View Post
I fly in my backyard/field.... when the wind is nice !!! Taken from a balloon ride we went on that went over our home.
Wow, you have the perfect setup! I hope to have that one day. The one thing I will add is a little workshop/fieldhouse for all the local flyers so they can have a place to charge batteries, store props and fuel and other things.

That is my goal. A flying field right in my backyard where I can teach newcomers to fly and sit around a BS about the "good old days" and how to fix the world's problems.

Frank
Old 10-21-2014, 05:23 AM
Wisc-BK
Watch this........:-(

Murocflyer........

I have a flying buddy that flies at my home field since he lives in the nearest town and has no where else to fly. We have become fast friends ever since we accidently met at the local library checking out the same RC magazines and he was looking for a mentor and a place to fly, he had never flown before then and had already purchased some trainer planes.... Since I had a few years under my belt flying gas and electric I offered my field and what ever advice I could offer, and have gotten him to be a pretty good flier.....
Old 10-21-2014, 08:13 AM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

This is the field I do most of my flying at, skip to 2 minutes for a good panoramic view. The site is playing fields owned by the local university but they are open to all when no games are on.