Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

New Pilot Ryan's flying experiance

Old 09-13-2014, 02:48 AM
ryandeford934

Default New Pilot Ryan's flying experiance

Hello my name is Ryan and I am in need of some exprience flying im not very good, because im so new my foamie lol is a fj4-a1 corsair and my recent takeoff was at lowry park in denver,I got my plane in the air about fourty feet and panicked I guess I thought i was going to stall because my takeoff was at a 45 degree angle and I guess then i tried to turn not realizing how sensitive the airplane actually is I decided my flying exprience has just landed me into a collision coarse for the ground, my airplanes landing gears flew about three feet in the air each direction lol, and my propeller just broke into the three piece's that it is, Luckily I was able to repair the small crack in the left wing and the landing gears got glued back into,The right places however they are etract landing gears that do not work,Replaced the propeller with a spare one I had laying around the house so before I fly again I would really like to bring a friend or just someone who really has some longterm experience, hmmm I should have started with a 25 amp airplane like a piper cub self stabilizing high center gravity wings and its slower for a beginner, I guess I just really am to much of a impluser he he just really like the cool stuff my airplane is a 50 amp so if at all anyone could reach me at my email It will be posted in the next post. I fly at lowry fields in denver close to 11th and syracuse, at the soccer fields when nobodies there,my airplane is scale 15 I believe and it is 33mm across the wings any help would be very much appreciated I chose lowry because it is so close to where I live. Ps: not really looking for a big show like joining a club, nobody likes to look like fool lol i could see me crashing all over, Well atleast im a bit more confident i will pull up and left or right with airlerons next time,Thank you Sincerely Ryan DeFord.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140908_194839_0.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	177352   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140908_194848_0.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	177353   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140908_194857_0.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	177354  
Old 09-13-2014, 03:08 AM
ryandeford934

Default The repairs are lovely as good as new!!

Here is an up to date pic of me and my plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140912_190355_0.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	177358   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140912_190500_0.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	177359  
Old 09-14-2014, 01:29 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Welcome to WF Ryan! Crashen is a part of learning sometimes, don't get frustrated and keep on trying! It definitely helps to have somebody with you that knows how to set up an new plane and beginner foamies can take a beating.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:44 AM
RV Winkle

Welcome and there is a lot of wisdom in the posts in beginners
Old 10-06-2014, 10:00 PM
ryandeford934

Well thank you god! I have been blessed! A war veteran! And another retired USMC Veteran Helped me get my plane in the air! He is also teaching me how to fly! With 40 years experience Im very much grateful to have such wonderful friends! Giving the fact that I am unemployed I hope someday I can save enough money! To get my chance to fly in real worldwar 2 B-17 bomber Im even more gratfule just to know there is still ww2 aircraft programs that allow people to take a flight in such a legendary aircraft. PS: DonSims thank you for the note I guess everyone has to take risk when learning how to fly.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:44 AM
tr4252

Hi Ryan,

Good luck!

Tom
Old 10-07-2014, 03:06 AM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Ryan,

Welcome to WattFlyer! Be sure to put your location (city and state only) in your profile. You might be surprised to see just how many people in your area would be happy to help a newbie become an ace pilot.

Joe
Old 01-16-2015, 06:05 PM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Cool

Originally Posted by ryandeford934 View Post
Hello my name is Ryan and I am in need of some exprience flying im not very good, because im so new my foamie lol is a fj4-a1 corsair and my recent takeoff was at lowry park in denver,I got my plane in the air about fourty feet and panicked I guess I thought i was going to stall because my takeoff was at a 45 degree angle and I guess then i tried to turn not realizing how sensitive the airplane actually is I decided my flying exprience has just landed me into a collision coarse for the ground, my airplanes landing gears flew about three feet in the air each direction lol, and my propeller just broke into the three piece's that it is, Luckily I was able to repair the small crack in the left wing and the landing gears got glued back into,The right places however they are etract landing gears that do not work,Replaced the propeller with a spare one I had laying around the house so before I fly again I would really like to bring a friend or just someone who really has some longterm experience, hmmm I should have started with a 25 amp airplane like a piper cub self stabilizing high center gravity wings and its slower for a beginner, I guess I just really am to much of a impluser he he just really like the cool stuff my airplane is a 50 amp so if at all anyone could reach me at my email It will be posted in the next post. I fly at lowry fields in denver close to 11th and syracuse, at the soccer fields when nobodies there,my airplane is scale 15 I believe and it is 33mm across the wings any help would be very much appreciated I chose lowry because it is so close to where I live. Ps: not really looking for a big show like joining a club, nobody likes to look like fool lol i could see me crashing all over, Well atleast im a bit more confident i will pull up and left or right with airlerons next time,Thank you Sincerely Ryan DeFord.
Been a while since we heard from you. How are you doing?