Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Reload this Page >

Polk Hobbies... Stepped up to the plate, and hit a home run!

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Polk Hobbies... Stepped up to the plate, and hit a home run!

Old 06-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

Default Polk Hobbies... Stepped up to the plate, and hit a home run!

You may have read about my travelling woes and my Tracker radio. With my several trips per year, that means my Tracker II sees a lot of travel by airplane as well as auto.

I contacted Scott Polk and he was more understanding than I could have expected. When I originally contacted them, I wasent seeking anything free, or gratis. My radio is 3+ years old now and I only wanted it serviced, or upgraded if it was available. I wanted (and recieved) his thoughts and opinions on the radio's issues and the possible relation to air travel. He concurred that a metal carry case is a inexpensive insurance practice and could be all that is needed (but we will test it again by shipping via air).

Where they rose above any of my hopes was when they offered me a sponsorship from Polk for my radio needs. Yea, I had to read that a 2nd time myself! Polk offered me a sponsorship if I continue to use their equipment, and work to solve any problems such as the one I had.

Wow, I was flattered!

So, I have a new radio on the way fully loaded. A complete flight pack for my new Hyperion Yak 54. You can count on a full review of that install and some performance specifications of the new radio.

The Tracker 3 is bigger (more memory), stronger, faster and has more resoloution than the old T2. I'm really looking forward to getting it in my hands.

Thanks to Polk for the sponsorship, thanks to Wattflyer for giving us all the platform to be noticed!
Old 06-08-2006, 04:31 AM
Steve G

Hi Nitro,
I'm happy to see you're buiding the Hyperion Yak 54. I've had my eye on that one for a while. I built the Hyperion Cap232 but only flew it once and I've set it aside while I gather more skill. I haven't seen much discussion around here regarding Hyperion and - like I said - the Yak and even the Sukhoi are looking really good. Based on Qban's thread and the discussion surrounding it, I ordered the Airfoilz Yak instead... I ordered my Airfoilz with the power system. Even with all the bragging, I still think the Hyperion is a beautiful plane for just a couple dollars more than the Airfoilz.

I'm anxious to see your build. Good luck!

Steve Grove
Old 06-08-2006, 04:43 AM
Steve G

Oops! I guess I'm thinking of the Yak55. That Hyp Yak 54 is HUGE!