iTrader talk Discuss specifics about transactions both postive and negative. No bashing allowed, please keep the tone civil with facts.

Pay Pal Question...

Old 07-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Tinman
The Hot dog man

Default Pay Pal Question...

Hi I'm interested in selling some of my things I don't use much, like my Blade CX2. What all is involved in setting up a Pay Pal Account?

I have one I use to send money but not the other way around.

When someone uses their Pay Pal account to send you funds does Pay Pal send you a check in the mail?

This seems like something I would like to get into... somethings have to go to make room for others

thanks everyone.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:33 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

I just leave any money I receive in my PayPal account there, I know it's going to get spent soon enough . Out of curiosity though I just transferred money from my PayPal to my checking acct, no charge.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

I use it all the time and think it is great. You can either leave it in your Pay-Pal account or transfer it to your checking account at no charge like Smoke said. I leave a little in my Pay-Pal account, but keep most of it transferred to my checking. I have a seperate checking account set up specifically for Pay-Pal and E-Bay transactions. I believe in order to be a verified account, you must have a checking account set up and a credit card for back up. Some sellers will only sell to verified accounts.

I also have a credit card that is used specifically for Pay/Pal, E Bay and Hobby stuff that I put a very small limit on just in case someone ever got a hold of it. I've been using it for years now with no problems what so ever.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:46 PM
RacerPaul
No doors or fenders!

Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Hi I'm interested in selling some of my things I don't use much, like my Blade CX2. What all is involved in setting up a Pay Pal Account?

I have one I use to send money but not the other way around.

When someone uses their Pay Pal account to send you funds does Pay Pal send you a check in the mail?

This seems like something I would like to get into... somethings have to go to make room for others

thanks everyone.
Tinman,

You can have PayPal send you a check by requesting it on line... but the best thing to do is to get the PayPal debit card... you can use it at any atm or as a credit card. I think you have to be a member 90 days and get your info verified...eg. bank account and address.

Paul
Old 07-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Tinman
The Hot dog man

Thanks for all the great replys guys. When I buy stuff using pay pal I just use a credit card. Thats a good idea about the pay pal debit card.

Thanks again