Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

help please bad vibration

Old 08-13-2006, 09:31 PM
carlo

Default help please bad vibration

Hi
I have a blade cp pro and I bought a cnc alum. head for it.I put all on and flowed the book that came with the blade but I can't get rid of the vibration!I am a newbee at this and maybe I don't know enough or what the hell I am doing ! can some one help please

this is the one I got!
(HDX300 All-Metal Bell-Hiller Head System- CP2/Blade CP)

Thank you all
Carlo
Old 08-14-2006, 04:20 PM
CT4

I take it that there was no vibration before you changed to the new head? if so then the 2 most common causes are the blade not tracking right. Hold the helicopter to the ground with some weights on the skids. run up the motor slowly to make sure that the heli is going to stay where you put it at about hover range on the throttle look edge on to the blades you should see only one disk if you see one a bit above the other then your blades are out of track. Adjust either the high blade to slightly less pitch or visa versa on the low blade, run it up again and see if the blade tracks have come closer together if they have then keep going with the adjustments until you only see one disk, if the blades have moved further apart then you are going the wrong way with your adjustment. The other thing is make sure that your paddles are both neutral and parallel with the swash plate. Hope this helps.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:00 AM
carlo

ok thanks that helped a lot.But it still has a little vibration I cant find where it comes from!!!! and I upgraded the blade over to a HDX300 belt brive HELI(basicly a hole new copter looks like a mini T-REX) and now my gyro starts to twitch I think it's from the vibration can some one help
Old 08-17-2006, 03:04 AM
CT4

This might be stating the bloody obvious but the reason that you are getting vibrations is that something is either loose or out of balance. The most likely cause, as it is the largest spinning and the heaviest object are the rotor blades. You must make sure that these are balanced. To see the the effect of an out of balance blade hold something heavy in the one hand hold your arms out stretched and turnaround on the spot, you will find this almost impossible to do as the hand with a heavy object will try and pull your centre! You can now imagine the forces that are playing on your helicopter when you're blades are spinning at very high speed. You really need to take your time when you're balancing these blades. Once you have done this take a close look at the paddles. It is absolutely imperative that they are parallel to the Swatch plate and each other. You also need to make sure that both are the same weight, and that both are set the same distance from the rotor head. I use a set of digital calipers when I am setting these, one of my helicopters a GWS dragonfly, really benefited from very careful attention to these settings, it went from a shimmering mass to a very stable flying platform that I can now get hover hands off. While I realise this is a very basic helicopter I still have a ton of fun with it. You mentioned that she fitted a new CNC head to your helicopter, are all the ball joints and links smooth and not binding, this is really important.
If you have crashed your helicopter you will also need to check that the main shaft is straight and square. Remove the blades and rotate the main shaft and see if you can see any movement at the top of it, this takes a bit longer but is the best way to check take the shaft out of the helicopter, find a piece of glass and roll the shaft along it, if it is at all bent this will show up very quickly. The other thing to check is the tail rotor again must be in balance and the rotor shaft must be straight and square. In one of my arrivals I managed to bend the shaft on the tail motor, only a little bit, at first I did not notice this other than the tail suddenly took on a life of its own! Once I straightened it everything went back to normal, as I said it was only a small amount about 30 thousandths of an inch.
Last but not least check that everything else on the helicopter is tight and correctly fitted. The only other thing that could be causing this, although very unlikely, are your servos. I did see one case when the helicopter was run up the servos started to hunt furiously at centre this put an oscillation into the head. As I said this is most unlikely but worth checking anyway.
I hope this has been of some help, logic would dictate that as you have changed the head then you have not quite correctly set something up within that area.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:42 AM
CT4

Just found this site may be of some help to you as well http://www.bladecprepair.com/
Old 08-18-2006, 06:37 AM
carlo

?

Last edited by carlo; 08-18-2006 at 06:55 AM. Reason: rewrote it
Old 08-18-2006, 06:54 AM
carlo

ok I want to make shure we are talking on the same page. I upgraded from a BLADE CP PRO to a HDX300 BELT DRIVE that I had to build from a pile of parts I should of made that clear from the start I am sorry!and I bought a blade blancer and a new gyro I was using a E-FLITE gyro and now I have a Futaba GY401 with a HITEC hs 50 tail servo .My tail rotor was going backwards and one blade was way off !!and now the vibe is allmost all gone and tail does not twich when my CH5/AVCS knob is at 50% but I still need help with like pitch to throttle and so on !!!

Thank you for your help
Carlo