AK MODELS,won't answer emails or phone - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

AK MODELS,won't answer emails or phone

Old 05-30-2015, 09:07 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

Default AK MODELS,won't answer emails or phone

hey gang,rarely do i throw up a red flag on a distributor,but 2 weeks ago i ordered a Extra 260 36"wingspan. they received paypal and shipping was $14 fedex. 2 weeks later i get no tracking number so i send an email monday. on tuesday i leave a phone message for them to let me know if theres a stock issue as they no longer are showing the yellow extra on there website. either i got the last one or they never had it. either way i tried sending an email again on thursday,then friday and left another phone message to please let me know the status of my order.

NOTHING. even the larger companies answer their phones and smaller companies answer their phones and emails. i hope not to have to open a paypal complaint but i can't wait to long from now since theres a time frame for filing complaints. next week i'll try a few more times to be sure i did my best.

oh yeah,i have been nothing but 100% polite so not to piss ak models customer service off and that be the reason they aren't replying.

we shall see. the extra 260 is a really great balsa arf 3d flyer and for $68 shipped you can't beat the price. i typed google "ak models extra 260" and it say "low stock" but if i go to their site via just "ak models" the extra no longer is displayed. makes me wonder whats upi fear sometimes different ways we type a topic might pull up older posting by the venders. thus i would have liked the response from the vender verifying order status.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:18 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

looks like i may need to file a paypal dispute in the next few days and if i don't get a resolve to the dispute it goes to "claim" status "within 20 days of filing the dispute. if you don't file the "claim" within 20days of opening a dispute ,the dispute is automatically closed and you loose any help from paypal. seems like my options are limited.

i tried another email,this makes 3 emails. also left several phone messages. i even offered to change my order if they call me or answer my email. it's so sad to think how little effort it takes to return a call or email but for what ever reason the customer isn't important enough to bother trying. when i call and get the phone message machine that sounds so helpful and know it's a worthless lie"Hello,You'v reached AK Models, sorry we weren't able to answer the phone ,please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible .thankyou"..............NOT!!!!!
Old 06-02-2015, 01:15 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

File that dispute before the date for sure!
Old 06-02-2015, 10:08 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Stu - STOP BEING MR NICE GUY ! I know you well enough I reckon to know you would not be rude to CS.

Get on that dispute and sort them out ... you may not be only one with such complaint.

Nigel
Old 06-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Bald Paul

Definitely file the PayPal complaint. Keep copies of all the emails you've sent. It's a simple matter of them getting payment, and no order being shipped without any explanation. PayPal is usually pretty good in situations, especially one as clear cut as this seems to be.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:53 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

i got a reply today from AK Models. "sorry for the delayed response,item is out of stock, we can offer other items that are in stock"

i emailed back" please refund asap so i won't need to file a dispute waiting for it." i also typed how disappointing to have waited so long for them to notify me of this item being out of stock and only the paypal threat seemed to cuse their finally answering my emails.

stay far far away from AK Models,something isn't right in that store.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:49 AM
birdDog
Charging....

And that is why I will buy from a site that takes PayPal before I will buy from one that doesn't.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
Old 06-03-2015, 03:12 AM
Bald Paul

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
i got a reply today from AK Models. "sorry for the delayed response,item is out of stock, we can offer other items that are in stock"
I guess they haven't heard of 'bait and switch', either!
Old 06-03-2015, 11:34 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

if i don't get the refund before end of business day thursday,claim begins.

sheeeesh ,what a way to run a business. i may also post this warning over at the other forums. will wait to see how much i want to vent tomorrow after work.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:54 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

WOW! use the words Paypal,claims,and dispute in the same sentence and you get quick response.

refund received,business concluded...lol no future post required,but i won't be the one to spread the news to other forums i hardly ever post on anyway. i really only like the watt flyer bunch. at least you all got the message.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:38 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Well done Stu ......

Now find a genuine vendor and get your stuff !

Nigel
Old 08-30-2015, 01:57 AM
AirMonty

Sorry to hear of your experience with them. Mine was good. Recently, I ordered a clipped wing cub and got a tracking number right away and it showed up a few days later. It is just like they described it, so no issues with them at all. The pricing is good too.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:19 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

I repaired the extra 260 and she flys great. one of the favorites and goes to the field all the time.windy days don't faze her. If I had a new one i would be real happy. Just didn't like being left hanging when the site showed stock but they were out.

Glad to hear you made out good.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:39 PM
Bald Paul

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
stay far far away from AK Models,something isn't right in that store.
Something must be going on. I sent them some CAD files to get a quote on laser cutting about a month ago (thought I'd get a couple of quotes to compare cost). Nada. No response. Nothing. It looks like all of the kits and ARFs (ugh) they offer on their website are "out of stock". It seems like they may be just selling off what they have and are then going to go under. I resent my CAD files today, let's see if I get any response back.

Maybe I could buy their laser in the "going out of business" sale?