Best and Worst Nitro Engine Powered RC Airplanes for Beginners in the Market - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Best and Worst Nitro Engine Powered RC Airplanes for Beginners in the Market

Old 07-24-2012, 04:21 PM
waterfire

Default Best and Worst Nitro Engine Powered RC Airplanes for Beginners in the Market

I need help from experienced RC Pilots in Model Airplanes which are the best and worst Nitro Powered RC Airplanes for Beginners. Im an experienced instructor. Most of my students have preferred the Hobbico Nexstar. This model is very unstable. Does not have the recovery qualities using the AFS. Other Hobbico planes such as the Superstar 40, Avistar 40, Goldberg Eagle, Eaglet 2 and Protege, Sig Kadets (all 20, 40) and the Tower Trainers and many more to mention are very stable to fly. Nice recovery capabilities and do not stall easily. All my career in model airplanes training have been using the Sig Kadet Senior with a OS OS 46 AX with a 12X6 propeller ( previously used a 46 SF as a starting engine. Also used the Kadet Seniorita with a Webra 40 Blackhead. Still have them. I presently have a debate with other instructors which protect the Hobbico Nexstar as the best trainer in the world for beginners. If Im wrong with the Sig airplanes that is fine.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:27 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Waterfire - this is a dedicated electric site. You might want to look at RCG for more help with nitro!

Mike