70th annv. Pearl Harbor - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

70th annv. Pearl Harbor

Old 12-09-2011, 02:39 PM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

Default 70th annv. Pearl Harbor

I hope everyone dosn't mind the following link on this forum. But, I do know many Warbird Rc pilots enjoy history and also know the relationship between Pearl and aviation and how it evolved from there. Some old pictures and some old warriors!!

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...niversary.html
Old 12-09-2011, 09:39 PM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

Wow! Thanks for the link. Amongst other things, a reminder on why you shouldn't get so mad at the old man driving too slow in front of you.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

It is sad that they are going to disband the Pearl Harbor survivors asso., because there are so few survivors left.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:37 AM
lou1984

Its crazy , in essence are we not all Pearl Harbor survivors ?
Old 12-10-2011, 10:54 AM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by lou1984 View Post
Its crazy , in essence are we not all Pearl Harbor survivors ?
Your gonna have to explain that one to me
Given that is an international discussion group with people from all over the world, the majority of whom weren't born at the time of the Pearl Harbour attack.. How are we all survivors?
Old 12-10-2011, 11:20 AM
lou1984

we all benifitted (in the USA) from the brave man and women who fought so endlessly to preserve life and freedom on that day .
I can understand your statement but I think i am clear to those that live in this country and have served . I will not be politiclly correct in this discussion , it was a war and wars were faught regardless of history or Govt intent by the men and women in the field . My comment is directed at those who faught , still do so today and we all benifit and survive in the USA by Solders who have faught for this country .
If this offends anyone I would suggest takeing up a forum that will review the history of your country and the men and women who defend it .My comments are clear in the direction and those that benifitted from the loyality and patronage seen at Pearl Harbor
Old 12-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Those Men and Women inspire me. It is a shame that that great generation is coming to an end. One of the best volunteer opportunities I have had was helping some of the WWII folks get their luggage and things ready for the Honor Flight to the WWII Memorial and Monument. The guys and gals had such wonderful stories to tell that just blew me away and the knowledge holy cow these guys and gals were smart and witty what a joy it was. I am looking forward to the next time it comes around. Another great oportunity to talk to these heroes is volunteer a bit of time at the closest VA Hospital if just to play some checkers. You wil walk away with such a joy in your heart and you will be inspired.