Parkzone Typhoon 2 3D Radio Glitches - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Parkzone Typhoon 2 3D Radio Glitches

Old 07-17-2009, 03:25 AM
BIG4D

You may be right about the outside interference, but that doesn't rule out over deviation. That occurs inside the TX'r.

On, second thought It.....Ah, never mind, this could get very complicated. I heard a rumor that some cell towers will bother the gigahertz radios. Not sure how true it is but that is what I heard.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:33 AM
BIG4D

Default UPDATE!!

Well Parkzone came through! Got my new plane today. Replaced it no questions asked!
What awesome customer service! I will now buy more from them and recommend to others.

Thanks ParkZone!

Now, if I would just get the new transceiver system in, I can get back in the air.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:47 AM
Louis

Last edited by Louis; 08-22-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:13 AM
BIG4D

Thanks Louis. I'm the guy that sent back the Typhoon 2, 3D. Thanks for the advice! I will check everything over closely.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:40 PM
cwilde

Hello Clint,

I seem to be having the exact same problem with the T-28 as it glitches while flying. It rolls uncommanded. I have tried numerous fields with the same problem so it is not interference.

I think it could be the battery connection as the only time the ailerons glitch in ground testing is when the battery is unplugged and plugged back in.

Let me know what you have found out in yours.

Cam

Originally Posted by cbatters View Post
Have seen the same thing on a Trojan T-28 that I got that has a ZX10 Transmittttter/Receiver.

Passes range test with flying colors (antenna collapsed and no problems with motor or control surfaces at 300+ feet) but experience random uncommanded operations. (rolls, pithes, throttle) They tend to be brief lapses of control, lasting only a second or two but would be a disaster if close to the ground.

The problem is that it is intermittent and I have not been able to reproduce the problem on the ground. (I have stopped flying the plane until I get it resolved.)

Possible issues:

1. RF issue with xmitter / receiver (unlikely given range check and the fact that uncommanded operation happens at relatively close range - less than 500')

2. Receiver reset problem (perhaps caused by noise on BEC)

3. ESC Issue - BEC voltage cutting out

4. XMitter problem - (bad battery contact or some other quality issue)

The problem with traditional troubleshooting (replacing one component at a time) is the risk of a crash each time it glitches.

Clint
Old 08-21-2009, 12:47 AM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by cwilde View Post
Hello Clint,

I seem to be having the exact same problem with the T-28 as it glitches while flying. It rolls uncommanded. I have tried numerous fields with the same problem so it is not interference.

I think it could be the battery connection as the only time the ailerons glitch in ground testing is when the battery is unplugged and plugged back in.

Let me know what you have found out in yours.

Cam
Using a different receiver/transmitter eliminated the problem. (No change in battery, ESC or servos.) Appears to be defectiive receiver or transmitter.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 PM
zawaprz

Had the same problem with mine - quite a few serious crashes on approach!! Fixed by putting cheap Ghz radio/receiver. G. luck!