2 words: Parkzone VAPOR! - Page 3 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

2 words: Parkzone VAPOR!

Old 07-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Lancifer

Im going to get the vapor as i have the ember and its great. I fly mine outside and even with a little wind. You can actually get the ember to fly inverted. What you need to do is get it nice and high ..about 70 feet and make it fly above you and it has to be flying away from you also..at this point give it full throttle and push up on the right stick so it nosedives down to the ground..it will dive for a second and then will start to level out upside down and then you can control it left or right. Works as i do it all the time!!! Just got a Clancy Lazy-E-Bee and ordered Trexlar balloon wheels. Cant wait to get this baby up and flying. Well have a great day guys and gals!!
Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Tommyr

I maidened my Vapor last evening!

I canít say enough how AWESOME this plane is! Now Iím no pro when it comes to flying at this point but this plane ROCKS! This HAS to be the QUIETEST plane on the planet! You canít hear it! WHISPER quiet. Less than whipser quiet! After a few attempts at trimming it I flew out the battery in my backyard. I even did several loops and Iím new to doing loops! This is the first plane I was able to do loops with!

I moved the battery back and the wing foward a bit to slow her down. She can take nose crashes into grass very well. The rudder got mis-aligned a few times on impact into grass but was easily popped back into place. THANK YOU PARKZONE! This plane is 100% PURE AMAZING! If youíre on the fence about getting the Vapor GO GET ONE RIGHT NOW!

Iíll try to video my next few flights in the next day or 2, they wonít be as good as some of you folks but theyíll be o.k.! Hereís hoping for no winds the next 3 days!

Had my second flight early this morning, THIS PLANE RULES! What a BLAST!
Old 07-12-2008, 03:41 AM
Lancifer

So i said the hell with it and i ordered the vapor and extra wings and tail and stabalizer. Well i cant wait to get it and go fly it. Ill have 6 batterys and 2 chargers so i dont have to wait for the batterys to charge. Awesome plane !!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Tommyr

Not the greatest of videos but here is one I did yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEgoq9hOthc
Old 07-12-2008, 12:05 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Exclamation Vapor Rudder

The rudder is VERY fragile. My friend & I both have broken the rudder this week. I repaired mine and my friend ordered a new one. I will fix theirs too so we have a spare.

It does not look like the carbon fiber in the tail is very high quality.

Other than that we've been having a blast with the Vapor BNF. Using a real transmitter is MUCH better than the ones that come with the RTF version.

Last edited by caltrop; 07-13-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:32 PM
ontheedge

Just a word of caution. Keeps these out of the heat/sun. I took mine to one of my accounts and flew in their store. Then I put it back in the box and set it in the car. Appartently the sun got to it in the car somewhere throughout the day (stupididty on my part, specially knowing the box is dark in color).

I'm thinking the heat caused the CF resins to soften and to buckle and kink at the tighter bends. Once it bent and broke, the covering easily pulled off.

Any ideas on a light weight fix? I plan to reorder a new wing and rudder for $20 but I'd like to take a shot a fixing these for the heck of it. I know I can come up with something, but always better to start with the experience of others.

Thanks........Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vp 1.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	72319   Click image for larger version

Name:	vp 2.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	72320  

Last edited by ontheedge; 07-12-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: forgot to upload photos
Old 07-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Tommyr

Originally Posted by caltrop View Post
The rudder is VERY fragile. My friend & I both have broken the rudder this week. I repaired mine and me friend ordered a new one. I will fix theirs too so we have a spare.

It does not look like the carbon fiber in the tail is very high quality.

Other than that we've been having a blast with the Vapor BNF. Using a real transmitter is MUCH better than the ones that come with the RTF version.
On several nose impacts my rudder has turned around to the opposite direction but it's easy to just move the rod back into position. The right servo rod.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

How many minutes do you get on a charge? And how long does it take to recharge the battery?

Anyone have the RTF version? Is the Tx junk? I don't know if I should wait to buy one after I get a 2.4 radio or get the RTF version.

Thanks,

Frank
Old 07-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Tommyr

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
How many minutes do you get on a charge? And how long does it take to recharge the battery?

Anyone have the RTF version? Is the Tx junk? I don't know if I should wait to buy one after I get a 2.4 radio or get the RTF version.

Thanks,

Frank

I have the RTF version, the TX is not junk IMHO. The "regular" TXs are no doubt better but your wallet will determine what you think.

About 15 minutes if you keep the throttle at 1/4 - 1/2

Takes about 20 minutes on new batteries, longer as they wear down.

Not bad!
Old 07-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Gohmer
Banned

Does anyone know if you can bind the RTF Vapor to a DX-7? I ordered the RTF but might want to see how it works with the computer TX.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:22 PM
ontheedge

Originally Posted by Gohmer View Post
Does anyone know if you can bind the RTF Vapor to a DX-7? I ordered the RTF but might want to see how it works with the computer TX.

Not sure, but I'd imagine so. I know you could bind a new RTF transmitter to it (say if you lost/broke the original supplied one).

Personally, I'd cancel and order the BNF one if you already own a DX-7. It'll save you about $30 and the hassle of rebinding everytime you want to switch back between the RTF trans and your DX-7. That's just me though. I wish I could bind my Citabria to my DX-7 as well.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by Tommyr View Post
I have the RTF version, the TX is not junk IMHO. The "regular" TXs are no doubt better but your wallet will determine what you think.

About 15 minutes if you keep the throttle at 1/4 - 1/2

Takes about 20 minutes on new batteries, longer as they wear down.

Not bad!

Thanks Tommy. Does the RTF Tx have trim adjustments on it? I don't suppose it has any way to limit or increase throw?

It looks like only two batteries are required to keep you flying all day long, but they are cheap enough, might as well get three.

Thanks,

Frank
Old 07-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Gohmer
Banned

Will the Cessna, Citabria, Ember batteries work with the Vapor?
Old 07-12-2008, 04:50 PM
ontheedge

Originally Posted by Gohmer View Post
Will the Cessna, Citabria, Ember batteries work with the Vapor?
Yep, while the brand name labels are different, the size, capacity and, most importantly, the conector are identical. Only real difference is the Vapor and Ember don't have the "pull tab" on them to grasp. Easily made, if anyone feels the need, out of scotch tape.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Tommyr

Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
Thanks Tommy. Does the RTF Tx have trim adjustments on it? I don't suppose it has any way to limit or increase throw?

It looks like only two batteries are required to keep you flying all day long, but they are cheap enough, might as well get three.

Thanks,

Frank
Yes there are trim buttons.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:01 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Arrow Vapor Carbon Fiber

Originally Posted by ontheedge View Post
Just a word of caution. Keeps these out of the heat/sun. I took mine to one of my accounts and flew in their store. Then I put it back in the box and set it in the car. Appartently the sun got to it in the car somewhere throughout the day (stupididty on my part, specially knowing the box is dark in color).

I'm thinking the heat caused the CF resins to soften and to buckle and kink at the tighter bends. Once it bent and broke, the covering easily pulled off.

Any ideas on a light weight fix? I plan to reorder a new wing and rudder for $20 but I'd like to take a shot a fixing these for the heck of it. I know I can come up with something, but always better to start with the experience of others.

Thanks........Mark
I don't think the CF is very good in the Vapor. I fixed my rudder with some small heat shrink tubing & CA. Shrink the tubing first - DO NOT GET THE HEAT GUN ANYWHERE NEAR THE VAPOR!!!

You might need something a bit stronger than heat shrink tubing??? The CF in the rudder is 0.020". The wing looks to be a bit thicker, maybe 0.030". You could get some larger CF and drill it out; I got a set of hobby drills that range from #61 0.039" to #80 0.0135".

Don't get too carried away with the repair because it could add too much weight to an already almost nothing of a plane.

You're going to need a strong pair of reading glasses or something to do this repair.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:05 PM
John Seidelman

There is a set of magnifiers out there for fly tying that clips onto a ball cap and flips down for use.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Lancifer

Hey guys..i crashed my ember an d snapped the prop shaft so i want to know how you change the prop shaft as i cant figure it out!!! I need detailed instructions!! Thanks guys and gals!!...ITS THE SAME AS THE VAPOR!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:45 AM
ontheedge

Originally Posted by Lancifer View Post
Hey guys..i crashed my ember an d snapped the prop shaft so i want to know how you change the prop shaft as i cant figure it out!!! I need detailed instructions!! Thanks guys and gals!!...ITS THE SAME AS THE VAPOR
Unfortunately you can't get the replacement shaft. You need to buy the whole motor, shaft assembly. I went through this with my Citabria a few times.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ3228

I wish they would start to sell the shaft only. I got a bunch of perfectly good motors with broken shafts.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:19 AM
E-FLYERDUDE
Heli Freak

Ok, I bit. Ordered one tonight to bind to my Dx7. Been looking for something like this to add to my micro fleet. The whole BNF thing is a huge plus. Cant wait until thursday!!!

Alex
Old 07-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Lancifer

Thanks ONTHEDGEbut when i check the parts listing they have....

Gearbox without Motor: Ember
$5.99 [PKZ3227]........................this is the gearbox where the prop goes so i just ordered 2 so hopefully its easy to replace as i had a hard time taking off the broken shaft but i managed and got it off now im just waiting for the replacement part to come. Thanks
Old 07-14-2008, 08:18 PM
ontheedge

Originally Posted by Lancifer View Post
Gearbox without Motor: Ember $5.99 [PKZ3227]........................this is the gearbox where the prop goes so i just ordered 2 so hopefully its easy to replace as i had a hard time taking off the broken shaft but i managed and got it off now im just waiting for the replacement part to come. Thanks

That's great news. Sorry I missed that part listing. Wish they'd do the same for the Citabria/Cessna.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:07 AM
Electrothump

Originally Posted by ontheedge View Post
Yep, while the brand name labels are different, the size, capacity and, most importantly, the conector are identical. Only real difference is the Vapor and Ember don't have the "pull tab" on them to grasp. Easily made, if anyone feels the need, out of scotch tape.

Is there a trick to plugging the Citabria battery into a Vapor charger? I can't seem to get it to fit. But, I haven't tried the larger hammer yet.

DN
Old 07-16-2008, 01:02 PM
ontheedge

No real trick, just a little finesse. There is a top and a bottom to the connector so make sure you have that right. A little wiggle here and there and you should be good. Also, on my Vapor, it can take up to 10 seconds to bind when I plug in the battery. Sometimes I thought I didn't get it plugged in right, but it just took a while to bind.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:48 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Build Review Battery

I had trouble with my extra batteries too. The Minium-Cessna/Citabria batteries are not exactly the same as the new Etomic batteries.

I carefully took the sharp corners off of the battery connector.

There is a little bump on the connector that can be too high so I took it down some.

I also straightened out the connector and applied a little glue where it joins the battery. DO NOT GET GLUE IN THE HOLES THAT PLUG INTO THE PLANE!

Quick Reply: 2 words: Parkzone VAPOR!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.09713 seconds with 12 queries