2 words: Parkzone VAPOR! - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

2 words: Parkzone VAPOR!

Old 04-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Tommyr

Default 2 words: Parkzone VAPOR!

It's coming soon and looks like a real WINNER!

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ3300
Old 04-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

That looks like the Ember with film wing and tail surfaces. The weight is .1 gram less than the Ember. It is surely more colorful than the Ember.

I have an Ember that I have not been able to fly yet. Next indoor flying session.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

I just noticed that the Vapor is offered as a Bind and Fly. If you have any Spektrum 2.4 Ghz radios, it should work. Only $99.99. I personally don't need anymore transmitters. I could bind it to the Ember transmitter or my DX-7. Cool.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:34 PM
bassplayinDude

Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
I just noticed that the Vapor is offered as a Bind and Fly. If you have any Spektrum 2.4 Ghz radios, it should work. Only $99.99. I personally don't need anymore transmitters. I could bind it to the Ember transmitter or my DX-7. Cool.
You cannot bind it to the Ember (or Cessna / Citabria) Tx. Every 2.4GHz micro model released by Parkzone does not use Spektrum-compatible DSM technology. The Vapor will be the first to do so which is the reason why it is the first model released under the Bind-n-Fly moniker.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:35 PM
bassplayinDude

That looks like the Ember with film wing and tail surfaces. The weight is .1 gram less than the Ember. It is surely more colorful than the Ember.

I have an Ember that I have not been able to fly yet. Next indoor flying session.
I flew my Ember outdoors yesterday and even with breezy gusts managed to hold its own. Enjoyed riding the updrafts then doing lazy loops, figure 8s and death spirals and more. Can't wait to get out of work tonight and play some more.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:52 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Now ParkZone is finally getting it right, offering models you can bind to your Spektrum TX. Too bad they don't go back and do this with the Cessna/Citabria/Ember. Or maybe they will? Hmmmmmm
Old 04-24-2008, 07:46 PM
bassplayinDude

I don't think the Vapor is going to be the last Bind-n-Fly model, but everything I've read in the last day suggests the Citabria & Cessna are licensed from Kyosho.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by bassplayinDude View Post
I don't think the Vapor is going to be the last Bind-n-Fly model, but everything I've read in the last day suggests the Citabria & Cessna are licensed from Kyosho.
I am pretty sure you are correct about the Citabria and the 210. I ordered a Vapor Bind-N-Fly yesterday and asked a tech about the binding process. He had never heard of the Vapor, but did some research and said it looked there were 2 pins that are touched together (serving the same purpose as the binding plug) while the bind button is held on the transmitter.

He also said the receiver-servo block was entirely different from the Ember. He was not sure about the battery, but said it may be different also.

Guess I will just have to wait and see. They say June, but knowing Horizon, it will be July or so.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:14 PM
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

VAPOR caught my eye as looks like a tight quarter indoor flyer, really enjoyed the Centurion as flew rather well outdoors with slight breeze, but the VAPOR is really slow, harriers with nose up, friend of mine hates this effect, he prefers the EMBER, also nice but I'm ready for the true indoor living room flyer, video's are amazing, ordered the VAPOR, due late June....BEST

Super Cub, Night Flights
Stryrer B
Parkzone Warbirds, Spitz
Stryker C
Multiplex Easy Star, Sunday Flyer, durable
Old 05-09-2008, 11:41 PM
bassplayinDude

I'm thinking about asking for the Vapor for Father's Day.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:25 PM
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

I'm not that lucky, she hates all my planes as so many, hi hi, Guess I'm on my own..<>..BEST ..<>.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:40 AM
spiderhole

Can't wait!
Old 06-21-2008, 09:53 PM
CFIT
Private, SEL

The Ember is on top of the must get list, now the Vapor is also on that list right next to the Ember. They both have their unique attributes filling different roles, indoor and really tight indoor environments, and the uber slow flying/floating characteristics of both these planes is what makes them so attractive.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Tommyr

Originally Posted by CFIT View Post
The Ember is on top of the must get list, now the Vapor is also on that list right next to the Ember. They both have their unique attributes filling different roles, indoor and really tight indoor environments, and the uber slow flying/floating characteristics of both these planes is what makes them so attractive.

Word has it the Vapor has been delayed until early July. Figures!

Old 06-21-2008, 10:06 PM
CFIT
Private, SEL

Originally Posted by Tommyr View Post
Word has it the Vapor has been delayed until early July. Figures!

I was just looking online to order one right now and noticed on 2 sites the Vapor is either in Backorder or Preorder status. I guess I could just order the Ember for now, but I so badly want to fly the Vapor first...

Oh well. I'll get my floating fix from my slightly custom Slow Stick in the pasture till the Vapor is in stock... .
Old 06-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Ben D wing

Originally Posted by CFIT View Post
Oh well. I'll get my floating fix from my slightly custom Slow Stick in the pasture till the Vapor is in stock... .
I just had a flash of inspiration from your comment CFIT; Take one Parkzone Ember, cut the trailing edges of the wing ,tail, and rudder in scallopes, give the upper flying surfaces a dusting of red paint and add some black crosses. VOILA! a miniture indoor Stik!
Old 06-22-2008, 04:42 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Good idea Ben. You can order the wing here for $8.99 and the tail here for $8.99 and not risk the original plane. I might try that myself.

The Vapor Bind-N-Fly still shows delivery in early July. Since mine has been on order for 2 months, maybe it will ship early.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:35 AM
CFIT
Private, SEL

Good idea Ben. You can order the wing here for $8.99 and the tail here for $8.99 and not risk the original plane. I might try that myself.

The Vapor Bind-N-Fly still shows delivery in early July. Since mine has been on order for 2 months, maybe it will ship early.
Originally Posted by Ben D wing View Post
I just had a flash of inspiration from your comment CFIT; Take one Parkzone Ember, cut the trailing edges of the wing ,tail, and rudder in scallopes, give the upper flying surfaces a dusting of red paint and add some black crosses. VOILA! a miniture indoor Stik!
Hmmm... Ok, gonna have to do that for sure.

Thanks for the idea guys...

Pictures to come
Old 06-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Henry Bowman

Anybody know if they are shipping yet ?
Old 06-25-2008, 02:16 AM
Tommyr

Originally Posted by Henry Bowman View Post
Anybody know if they are shipping yet ?
Last word was they are pushed back to July....
Old 06-25-2008, 04:21 AM
Henry Bowman

Thanks ! I'll keep an eye out ...
Old 06-28-2008, 10:04 PM
wattman

Went into the local HS here , Vapor siting on the counter , HS owner flew it in the store , I flew it in the store .............................................
went home with a Vapor and another battery .
Vapor has LOTS of power , great little plane . When the coast is clear , [swmbo] it will be flown some more .
Old 06-29-2008, 02:12 AM
wattman

Wow it flys great .
We went out for supper , , and I told about the purchase , at the table there .
Arrived home , asked SWMBO if she wanted to watch it fly , we went outside , slight breeze , too much really , but I gave a good demo of the Vapor , so she thought it very neat and cute , nice . Everything is great , especially the Vapor plane .
Old 06-29-2008, 05:05 AM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

Whats up with the film tail and main wings? Its like mayday we're going down...
Old 06-29-2008, 05:26 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by wattman View Post
Went into the local HS here , Vapor siting on the counter , HS owner flew it in the store , I flew it in the store .............................................
went home with a Vapor and another battery .
Vapor has LOTS of power , great little plane . When the coast is clear , [swmbo] it will be flown some more .
Maybe mine will show up soon.

Quick Reply: 2 words: Parkzone VAPOR!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.14157 seconds with 11 queries