Parkzone J3 Cub BL - Page 5 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Parkzone J3 Cub BL

Old 07-21-2009, 04:11 PM
shawnkilpatrick

I was going to say, almost 10min flight thats pretty good. I am supprised that the Cub flys with all that weight!

I have heard good things about the corsair... I really want to try one out! I also want to try the T-28 Trojan. I am deciding between those 2 for my next plane...

Shawn

Last edited by shawnkilpatrick; 07-22-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Lancifer

Originally Posted by shawnkilpatrick View Post
I was going to say, almost 10min flight thats pretty good. I am supprised that the Cub flys with all that weight!

I have heard good things about the corsair... I really want to try one out! I also want to try the T-28 Trojan. I am deciding between those 32 for my next plane...

Shawn
I have both , i just got my Trojan as well and its going up today. I also added the parachute drop mechanism on it that hooks into the xport. I had it on my Spitfire but crashed due to me not having a screw in the servo arm. Oh well live and learn. Im downloading taht video now!!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:11 PM
shawnkilpatrick

Let me know how it flys! I am interested to hear. good luck

Shawn
Old 07-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Gofer303

Originally Posted by Lancifer View Post
Heres my supped up Cub with all the electronics from the Spitfire. It flies well and it almost crashed into a wall upon landing!!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7UC2nO-0U4[/media]
My girlfriend is filming using her cheap digital camera that wont let you zoom in or out!! You may need to watch in full screen!!
Man you had that so far up the skeeters were bibber than the plane what do you think is the celing Great video even for a cheap cam! Thanks
Old 07-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Gofer303

Shawn
I hope that I can get real good at flying the first plane I just got repaired sunday which is a Beechcraft Staggerwing that I flew for 2 min and crashed Thanks for the info and I will keep on tryin !
Old 07-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Lancifer

Originally Posted by Gofer303 View Post
Shawn
I hope that I can get real good at flying the first plane I just got repaired sunday which is a Beechcraft Staggerwing that I flew for 2 min and crashed Thanks for the info and I will keep on tryin !
My first plane was a Focus 400 which was a low wing flyer and it lasted 22.5 seconds and crashed so i think 2 mins is pretty good for teh first fly...LOL
Old 07-22-2009, 02:47 AM
hungryjoe56

Just think two weeks ago I couldn't spell aircraft mechanic, and now I are on. Guess you could say you get two thrills with these flyers. One when it flies, the other when it gets fixed.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:07 AM
Gofer303

Originally Posted by Lancifer View Post
My first plane was a Focus 400 which was a low wing flyer and it lasted 22.5 seconds and crashed so i think 2 mins is pretty good for teh first fly...LOL
That my friend is encouraging! I felt awful dumb lookin at the broken plane thinking what the hell just happened!
I notice that the J# has a rather strange way of securing the wing struts. The 2 screws are not holding the plastic down verry good same with yours
Old 07-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Lancifer

Originally Posted by Gofer303 View Post
That my friend is encouraging! I felt awful dumb lookin at the broken plane thinking what the hell just happened!
I notice that the J# has a rather strange way of securing the wing struts. The 2 screws are not holding the plastic down verry good same with yours
I took my Cub up before without securing those struts and what a stupid idea that was, the wings folded in mid air. Live and learn!!
Old 07-22-2009, 03:25 PM
shawnkilpatrick

Gofer are you talking about the slots that the strut has on the end where the screw goes through? If so, I usually have the screws sitting on the most loose setting. AKA Put the screw in, pull on the strut gently until the screw is at the far end of the slot. Is that what you are talking about?

Shawn
Old 07-22-2009, 03:35 PM
shawnkilpatrick

Well as promised,

I got the motor from ZebraHobby.ca (only took 1 buisness day to ship!) and put it on the Cub. I went out for a quick flight last night with good results! I bought the 20-20L motor and it is very similar in power to the stock 370, maybe a little more juice... but thats all going to change with the different props i guess!

One question... the leads off of the motor were really short so i soldered on some extentions (used some old power wire) does it really matter what type of wire I use? Gauge, thick or thin thread?

Shawn
Old 07-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Gofer303

Gofer are you talking about the slots that the strut has on the end where the screw goes through? If so, I usually have the screws sitting on the most loose setting. AKA Put the screw in, pull on the strut gently until the screw is at the far end of the slot. Is that what you are talking about?

Shawn
Yes the slot is enlongated and the screws will not hold the position where I leave them. I was concerned due to the directions saying that the tension between the two must be equal. Is it then just a matter of the plane's wing will self adjust the tension? If so I aint gonna worry thanks for the info.
larry
Old 07-23-2009, 05:22 PM
shawnkilpatrick

No dont worry about it, all they are really saying is make sure the wing is centered on the top of the plane. For the easiest flaying characteristics do what I mentioned above with the position of the screws.

Shawn
Old 07-24-2009, 02:52 AM
Gofer303

No dont worry about it, all they are really saying is make sure the wing is centered on the top of the plane. For the easiest flaying characteristics do what I mentioned above with the position of the screws.

Shawn
Now I can go forth and bravely crash where no man has crashed before!!!!! I was really concerned at the lack of grip for the "struts" and would not have liked the wings so tight that there would be no flex at all. Thanks for that info I will now try to get the J3 up saturday after the motorcycle ride for a fallen soldier in Afganistan. This will be the 4th annual run we have put on. And this time I will bribe the grandaughter to video the historic event!!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:35 PM
shawnkilpatrick

Good idea gofer, let us know once you got some footage!

Shawn
Old 08-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Gofer303

Shawn
I am still trying to get the J3 airborne but wind,rain or work always seem to screw oppertunities up! I just purchased a Futaba 6ex 2.4 ghz radio and was wondering if there is any way to use a different reciever in place of the parkzone one and still be able to use the existing esc and servo's ??? I have not had any experience with any other radio except the stock ones that come with the planes. Ultimatly I will start getting ARF planes now that I have a radio but still need to get the recievers.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Eaglelead

Hi guys. I have had a PZ cub now for 6 Mo. and really enjoyed flying it with no major crashes etc. I have three stock 800 mh batteries that I use but now suddenly the airplane has no power compared to what it had and the batteries run out in 9 min. versus 15 min. before. The LHS says it must be the lipo's or the motor. I ordered a new lipo and a new motor. We shall see. Any ideas??
Ed
Old 02-20-2010, 04:31 AM
C140
Tailwheels Fly Better

I'm not sure if it'll help, but pull the cowl and check the bell of the motor. Mine split at the shaft set screws and caused a whole mess of trouble. I don't know if it's the motor's fault or if it's just because I've flown the heck out of it, but the thing would start becoming oval shaped at higher throttle settings. Now, why they make the bell out of plastic is anyone's guess.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Eaglelead

Thank you for the info. I pulled the cowl this morning after trying a new LIPO (same result) and the motor looked good. I have ordered a new one because I can think of nothing else to do. Thanks again

Ed
Old 02-20-2010, 04:53 PM
MWShelton

I just got a PNP BL Cub. They are hard to find. Did a search and Graves RC had a couple of them. They are not listed on Horizon's website. Are they being discontinued? I'm a newb and I'm gonna beat up my Slow Stick a while longer before I fly my Cub, but I got this thing about Cubs. I wanted one so I decided I had better get it while I could. I've even got a Micro Cub on the way LOL. As for right now she's just hanging in my playroom lookin pretty. If they are discontinued I've got one. Does anyone know what is going on and why they are no longer on Horizons website?
Old 02-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Eaglelead

Hey MW I have never seen the BL cub in PNP just RTF with an FM27 MZ radio which is what I have. Yep cubs are special, I used to own a full scale one long time ago, made my first solo in it. Horozon still has the RTF Cubs on their web page as of a few minutes ago.

Ed
Old 02-21-2010, 12:10 AM
MWShelton

Eagle mine is PNP. They were at one time making them. I'm getting a DX7 next week so I wanted to get everything on one radio. All my actual flying was in a 150 Aerobat and hang gliders but I always wanted a Cub. There's just something about em
Old 02-21-2010, 01:21 AM
Eaglelead

Hey MW , didn't know you could get them PNP, great idea to put them on one 2.4 like that, I have a 6i on order , wanting to do the same thing. I used to instruct in 150's long ago, they are a good airplane but a Cub is special indeed. 23 years ago I built a Christen Eagle and am still flying it today.....

Ed
Old 03-20-2010, 02:22 AM
MWShelton

Papa Cub and Baby Cub waiting for the wind to lay.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:18 AM
Eaglelead

MW Hey a two cub family. I love it. Have fun. Out here in AZ the wind has started to blow so I have only been able to fly my Ember in a vacant hanger for the most part. Blows out here until the 4th of July then monsoon season starts.

Quick Reply: Parkzone J3 Cub BL

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.14840 seconds with 11 queries