Futaba 6EX 2.4ghz or Spektrum DX6 or Spektrum DX7 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6EX 2.4ghz or Spektrum DX6 or Spektrum DX7

Old 05-25-2007, 05:31 PM
John-NYC

Default Futaba 6EX 2.4ghz or Spektrum DX6 or Spektrum DX7

I have a question about the 3 above mentioned radios. I am looking to purchase one of the 3 radios but not sure which one to get. I want a radio for a helicopter but also to be able to fly full size planes , not just park flyers.
Can the Spektrum DX6 be used for full size planes or is a park flyer system mostly ? I know the DX7 is capable of everything but is pricey.
Can the Futaba 6EX 2.5ghz be used for full size planes or is it also a park flyer radio ?
I worry about range on all of them except for the Spektrum DX7
Can anyone shed some light on this matter.
Thank You
Old 05-25-2007, 06:50 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

John you get what you pay for in this case. The DX7 is by far the best system mentioned.

If you are going to fly larger planes you need that or the 6EX. The DX6 certainly could control larger planes (and has) range is not really the issue as much as shadowing the signal. The small RX on the DX6 can be masked by large motors and that shadow "might" cause issues.

Again range is not an issue with any of the ones you mentioned, but of the the the DX7 is the system to beat.

My Reviews on the DX6/7 - the Futaba 6EX review will be out shortly....
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=583877
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444902

Mike
Old 05-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

John, I agree with rcers. I have a DX-6 and a DX-7. The DX-7 has many more features and options over the DX-6. The 7 comes with 4 good digital servos where the 6EX does not come with servos. I just read a review of the 6EX in this months issue of R C Report and am glad I went with the Spektrum series.

The 6EX is very much a bottom level computer radio. Only 6 model memories and a very small viewing screen. No timers at all. Several other limitations concerning expo and other setup items.

If you are interested in getting a DX-7 without the servos and a AR6100 receiver, check out Esprit Model. I bought a package from them without the servos. Give them a call to see what they have on hand.

Again as rcers said, you get what you pay for.