Best Balsa Source - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Best Balsa Source

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2010, 04:48 AM
Zocane
Is A Puzzlement!

Default Best Balsa Source

I was hoping that I could find on Wattflyer, a set of best sources for balsa - but I often miss a link - forgive me for asking an obvious question that most everyone probably knows the answer. Do you have a favourite balsa supplier? One that you can order grade on line for example? I just checked out BalsaUSA and they: messed up my order (nothing major) and sent me a 3/16 inch sheet that I could pound nails with. It's like basswood or spruce for crying out loud!
My old sources (15 years ago) are out of business unfortunately and I don't know who to trust in the new order. I came across National Balsa - will they be better? Electrics require picking the grade of balsa so that's pretty important.
I'd welcome your thoughts in this matter of balsa.