So much fun in the driveway - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

3D Flying Discuss everything related to "3D" flying including construction, power setups and flying techniques

So much fun in the driveway

Old 10-04-2010, 04:09 PM
koolkrabber47

Default I have One of Those.........

Originally Posted by winggunner46 View Post
Hello,
I have one of those, but still in the box. I am new or maybe should say re-newed to the hobby. My last planes float out of the garage in 1960 when hurricane Donna washed them all away. Never got back in until spending long stay in hospital and decided to have some fun while I still can.
I am a little afraid to fly this one yet, but have a Champ micro that I have only flown 5 times because I don't get up early enough to have windless conditions. Must change my sleep habits again, who knows, may tomorrow if no rain. Two other planes for a total of 4

Cheers
Hello, WingGunner46 and welcome to HeliFreak.......New or Renewed, your never to old/young to enjoy RC.......BTW, which plane r u talking about.......The Lil' YAK that Chris is flying is probably one of the easiest to fly and maybe learn on......they're relatively cheap to build/own and if you turn down the control surfaces, they fly really smooth because they are soooo light and they slow down fast when you cut the throttle, saving you from costly crashes......Maybe Chris will chime in an describe the flight characteristics......KOOLKRABBER47......
Old 10-05-2010, 01:51 AM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Originally Posted by koolkrabber47 View Post
Hello, WingGunner46 and welcome to HeliFreak.......New or Renewed, your never to old/young to enjoy RC.......BTW, which plane r u talking about.......The Lil' YAK that Chris is flying is probably one of the easiest to fly and maybe learn on......they're relatively cheap to build/own and if you turn down the control surfaces, they fly really smooth because they are soooo light and they slow down fast when you cut the throttle, saving you from costly crashes......Maybe Chris will chime in an describe the flight characteristics......KOOLKRABBER47......
Were on wattflyer there buddy ha ha...... yes it fly so easy, but it also does not take much wind. it was about 20pmh here yesterday couldnt even get out of the truck to bring in was afaird the wind would fold itself up ha ha.

controls turned down it be a very nice trainer. it will fly at walking pace.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:36 PM
koolkrabber47

Default Sooooorry,Chris......Good catch.......

[QUOTE=EpoweredRc;755227]Were on wattflyer there buddy ha ha...... yes it fly so easy, but it also does not take much wind. it was about 20pmh here yesterday couldnt even get out of the truck to bring in was afaird the wind would fold itself up ha ha.

Sorry,Chris......Good catch.....I forgot i was on WattFlyer...... i've been spending soooo much time on HeliFreak, trying to learn as much as i can, about my Pantera .50, before i put her in the air.......Better safe than sorry......These big heli's cost too much to fix, i'd rather not learn by trial and error......BTW, Chris, thanx for helping out with the newbies.......KOOLKRABBER47......
Old 10-05-2010, 10:29 PM
UBHSTRY
eltiT resU motsuC

[QUOTE=koolkrabber47;755338]
Originally Posted by EpoweredRc View Post
Were on wattflyer there buddy ha ha...... yes it fly so easy, but it also does not take much wind. it was about 20pmh here yesterday couldnt even get out of the truck to bring in was afaird the wind would fold itself up ha ha.

Sorry,Chris......Good catch.....I forgot i was on WattFlyer...... i've been spending soooo much time on HeliFreak, trying to learn as much as i can, about my Pantera .50, before i put her in the air.......Better safe than sorry......These big heli's cost too much to fix, i'd rather not learn by trial and error......BTW, Chris, thanx for helping out with the newbies.......KOOLKRABBER47......

Thats great, just left helifreak, and never even dawned on me this was wattflyer....
Old 10-06-2010, 12:55 AM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Wish I was in your town I give ya a hand with that thing, the big ones are sweet flying. handle so good. so they say I know a 500 fly so much better then a lil cp lol.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:58 PM
koolkrabber47

Wish I was in your town I give ya a hand with that thing, the big ones are sweet flying. handle so good. so they say I know a 500 fly so much better then a lil cp lol.
Yeah,Chris i wish you were here, too.....Or at least a little closer, i'd drive the distance to get some pointers on how you fly that mini Yak,too...... i can fly my Axe 400 just fine but, then again i bought it RTF and haven't had to change anything, it flew great right out of the box......Just got lucky with the AXE 400 i guess.....I'm positive the Pantera .50 will fly just fine with a little bit of tweeking, just want to make sure.......don't want no surprises, too expensive and don't want to hurt somebody.......I know it flies great.....The guy that sold it to me, sent me some videos of it flying........KOOLKRABBER47.......
Old 10-07-2010, 10:09 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Originally Posted by koolkrabber47 View Post
Yeah,Chris i wish you were here, too.....Or at least a little closer, i'd drive the distance to get some pointers on how you fly that mini Yak,too...... i can fly my Axe 400 just fine but, then again i bought it RTF and haven't had to change anything, it flew great right out of the box......Just got lucky with the AXE 400 i guess.....I'm positive the Pantera .50 will fly just fine with a little bit of tweeking, just want to make sure.......don't want no surprises, too expensive and don't want to hurt somebody.......I know it flies great.....The guy that sold it to me, sent me some videos of it flying........KOOLKRABBER47.......
ha ha.. lots of hours flying lots of hours....... 6 yrs ago i never thought i be able to throw a plane like I do now.

pisses sport flyers off when i take whatever plane there flying and start doing rolling circles with it. ha ha.

Yeah the heli should fly fine, now the pilot.
I still want to throw my big one up in the air. just nervous now with the esc problems there having. and stuff do not want to loose a heli due to a stupid fire. Nitro good for somethings I guess.

you got any videos of you flying anything? you got a utube channel?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:18 AM
koolkrabber47

ha ha.. lots of hours flying lots of hours....... 6 yrs ago i never thought i be able to throw a plane like I do now.

pisses sport flyers off when i take whatever plane there flying and start doing rolling circles with it. ha ha.

Yeah the heli should fly fine, now the pilot.
I still want to throw my big one up in the air. just nervous now with the esc problems there having. and stuff do not want to loose a heli due to a stupid fire. Nitro good for somethings I guess.

you got any videos of you flying anything? you got a utube channel?

No YouTube Channel,Chris......Only a couple of videos.....ALL WITH THE Key Chain Camera I bought From Bob, here on WattFlyer.....But now, Even the KeyChain Camera went out??? Don't know what happened to it.......Pulled it out of the drawer and it just didn't work........I have a really nice Canon Video camera i bought a couple of years ago and it wont work either.....My son runs cross country track nand field and i was trying to film him at one of his events.......It was raining , not too badly....... I kinda knew better but, continued to film anyway's....The camera got kinda wet and now it won't work under battery power.......If i plug it into a 120v house power, it will work but, that doesn't do me any good at the field.....and again, as i said, i don't have a U-tube channel???......Sorry,Chris......I have the best computer, money can buy yet, I am not, by any means, computer "SAVVY"........With your help and anybody else on these forums, maybe i can learn how to attached U-Tube and any other links to these threads???........If you've noticed,Chris, all of my threads have been all text, no attachments......SORRY.......
Old 10-12-2010, 01:26 AM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Oh. alright that stinks, did you charge the $20 camera mine still works great.
You just got to go to youtube.com and sign up for a account. pick a username and need a email addy, I am guessing since you on here you have a email addy at least.
Once you get one just go to youtube, upload video and pic the video from the Pc and upload to the youtube . You can then copy the link from there and paste it here and we all can see your video.

Sorry, I have used a computer since I was 2 yrs old, Old Radio shack Color computers about 1982. I then used IBM type pcs later on but then went a few years w/o the internet was around and I got my first internet PC I knew nothing... I taught myself everything I know even taught myself how to build HTML website and have since built quite a few of them.

I love computers and the net. Everyone say I need job doing something with them but it amazing how much schooling they think you need to have to do such.

You would tink my father would remember everything he knows about Pc's but just otherday had to reshow how to resize his front size ha ha.

if you plug that camera up about a hour or so and it still doesn't come on PM bob and let him know about it sure he take care of you.
you do remember how to cut it on? i almost forgot otherday when went to use mine after about a month.

take care.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:35 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

well buddy, I have moved, me and Aleshia found us a place to live. signed a 6 mo lease, she took and passed her CNA state test yesterday so hope she get on at a hospital or something very soon. I do not have net at the place cant afford it. so I be on very limited. hope you have a great Halloween and hope to talk soon . shot me a PM with your Email addy and you can keep up with me there at least i will check email time to time at least if i do not get on the rc sites.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:40 AM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

lil worried, almost been a month since I have heard from you. Hope your just busy with work and nothing is wrong.

Your son home from alaska yet? did he have fun over there.

Hope to hear from you soon
Old 11-05-2010, 10:35 PM
koolkrabber47

Default Thanx for the kind words,Chris!!!!

[QUOTE=EpoweredRc;762751]lil worried, almost been a month since I have heard from you. Hope your just busy with work and nothing is wrong.

Your son home from alaska yet? did he have fun over there.

YUP!!!.....Been busy with both work and vacation......Oh Yeah and the Wifey"s Birthday,too(oct. 27).......Yeah, the boy did make it back from Alaska.....He's been back about six week"s......Made a load of money,Too......And he spent it, just as fast, he bought two cars, a Tahoe and a Suburban.......He's into Big SUV's and V-8 engines to go on the Beach and MUDDIN'.......Yes, He did have a lot of fun in Kodiak and on the Bering Sea......He's was working on a Big 110,000 foot Tender, delivering 330,000 pounds of fish every load......"WOW".......He got back right around my Birthday(sept. 27) and bought me a new $400.00 Stainless Steel Bradley Smoker for my Birthday and the Wifey bought me the New I-Phone 4......Geez.....I must be doing something right over here.....BTW, I just turned 49.....The Big 50 is right around the corner.....Man it went by fast......Enjoy life while you can,Chris, it goes by sooooo fast......I started flying when i was 22.....That means i've
been flying for 27 years, where has the time gone.....Also, I haven't flown my Airplanes in months(approx. 3-4 months), since i got into heli's......I've still got new Planes i bought this Summer, still in the box, plus i also bought all the motors, receivers, speed controls,etc and i even bought a F-16 jet???......Don't ask me why???......It was just too good a "deal" to pass up, whatever that means, Chris......You know how it is when were addicted.....I know i spent "well" over five-grand on RC this Summer.....I have about $1,300.00 just in my Big Heli......I'm very lucky cause my Wife doesn't seem to mind what i spend on my RC, as long as the bills get paid.....She appreciates the fact that in 24 yrs. of marraige, i never took drug's, i don't go to bars and i've never cheated.....Yup, she's the only woman i've been with, for the last 24 yrs.......That's one of the reasons i do RC, is to occupy my time.....She's totally koooool with me having my private "MANTIME", alone in my "dedicated airplane room".....See how Koooool she is,Chris???......She even let me have one "WHOLE" room just for my Heli's and my Planks......When your married, it does pay to be "A GOOD BOY".....I guess i'm a good example of that???...... BTW,I'm not completly over my "planks", just so invovled in this new found "Heli-Craze"......In 27 yrs. of flying, i've kinda "evolved" as far as planks are concerned, there's not much of a learning curve for me anymore......But with Heli's, there's still the "Unknown"......As far as Heli's go, i'm still in my "Infancy".....I have a long way to go still, as they are still rather complicated to me......Keep in mind, i'm all by myself out here,chris, "self taught", as far as Heli's go......I swear on the "Bible", nobody's helped me, i can't find anybody......I can't even find anybody to fly planks with......I joined the Local Club about a year ago and i have AMA but, this club requires you have a spotter or get kicked out permenantly......Bummer is, they have two beautiful AMA-sanctioned flying fields, on opposite ends of this beautiful beach town, one right off the beach,running north and south, on the north end of town and one on the south east side of town, running east and west......This way no matter which way the wind is blowing, we can just switch fields.....Bad thing for me, Chris, this club is a bunch of grouchy old men that have been flying and running this club for years and years and it's the old, "their way or the highway"?......I think i heard you mention in one of your posts that your in a rather similar position.....That's why i alway's do most of my flying right across the street from my house instead of putting up with the bull......I still don't give them any cause i still need to fly my big nitro planes at the club field once in awhile.....In these kinds of situations, all we can do is wait them out and wait for them to die and pass over the reins to the flying field, so to speak???.....I couldn't wait that long!!!..... I started flying Heli's cause when your learning, they mostly and don't take up much room......As long as i continue to fly electric Heli's across the street, i don't think anybody will complain.....Funny thing, i got on the Internet yesterday at the end of the day and check the weather and it showed zero wind.....I charged up 4 battery paks real quick and went across the street and flew two of my electric Heli's Two flights each.....It was a ton of fun, i got my "FIX"......I even had three sets of people pull over and ask a ton of questions.....One guy used to fly SailPlanes in the 1950's.....Can you imagine what the Radios and Servos and Receivers looked like in 1950???......I know i wouldn't have a clue???, i was probably too young and thus too busy PARTYING!!!!!.....Ha! Ha! Ha!.......Well,Chris, I gotta go for know......I got a Nephew calling from Longview,Washington.....I'm supposed to go to his house and show him how to fly Helicopters, probably one of my Co-Axials to start with and work their way up to the Axe 400............Preferably my Big Lama, to me it's the easiest for him to learn on???......I have a E-Flite Blade CX3 MD 520N that i taught my other nephew to fly on about 1 1/2 weeks ago, too.....I think the Big Lama is easier to learn on, as the CX3 is way more sensitive and twitchy......I think part of that has to do with the Big Lama is way more Powerful, it's Bigger, Longer and thus much Heavier than the CX3 and that makes it more stable, at almost half the price and with 2.4ghz.......The CX3 is the one i fly mostly in the house......I'll get back to you real soon, My Good, Good Buddy......In the meanwhile be gooood to the "new" "old lady" and tell ur pops i said hi...........KOOLKRABBER47......
Old 11-17-2010, 04:47 AM
Dannyrevs

Great flying!
Old 11-21-2010, 10:39 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Originally Posted by Dannyrevs View Post
Great flying!
Thanks , Have done it a few times and welcome to the site. hope you enjoy yourself here.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Dannyrevs

Thanks seems really nice so far