So much fun in the driveway - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

3D Flying Discuss everything related to "3D" flying including construction, power setups and flying techniques

So much fun in the driveway

Old 07-28-2010, 03:18 AM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Default So much fun in the driveway

I have not had so much fun with a plane in long time. got this from a guy on RCG and well it flys so great.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYhAYzoIO2s[/media]
Old 07-28-2010, 03:56 AM
Cdr. Instigator
Pimp My Plane

Nice flying..
Old 07-28-2010, 06:30 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Originally Posted by Cdr. Instigator View Post
Nice flying..
Thanks this plane fly so nice, it doesn't weigh anything. like 5 ounce.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:12 AM
koolkrabber47

Default Hello Buddy, You look like your having too much fun???.......

Chris, your alway's up to something new......Ha! Ha! Ha!.......What model is that???.....It flies really nice......Good to see your having so much fun......I have not had any time to fly at my club field......To much work for me......It is the peak of my Charter Fishing season.....Good thing is, i've been making lot's of Helicopter money......I am about to drop some serious cash on a .50 size Audacity Models PANTERA BNF Heli for $900.00 with O.S. .50 hyper engine, Spektrum AR7100r dsm2 receiver with built-in regulator and all the rest of the goodies to make it BNF.....The guy is out of town working and will ship it to me next week.....Hope it flies as good as it look's......How about you???.....have you got your new 500 size heli yet???......Hope all is well with you and you are feeling better, health wise......Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing......KOOLKRABBER47.......p.s.....the attached photos are from the audacity models web site......i included them for size reference only......nice looking bird though......i'm flying a Heli-Max Axe 400 right now and i have an E-Sky Big Lama i fly inside my house when the wife is at work.......I think this would be a great 3rd Heli???.....What do you think???.......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Billy-Hemple-AUDACITY PANTERA 50.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	133129   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nick-Crego-AUDACITY PANTERA 50.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	133130   Click image for larger version

Name:	Robert-Bush-AUDACITY PANTERA 50.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	133131  

Last edited by koolkrabber47; 08-05-2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: add pictures
Old 08-05-2010, 07:34 AM
koolkrabber47

Default I found one more picture.....

I found this picture of the actual helicopter i am buying.....Hope it flies as good as it looks......

Name:	DSC_0055_edited-1.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	133132  
Old 08-07-2010, 06:55 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Cool, Yeah I got me a 500 sized heli I got the Gaui 415, And been buying,selling,trading parts to get it together, got the heli, servos, gyro, esc,blades,pinion gears now I need a stupid darn motor... been a few go for like $40 shipped and I just aint got it .. sucks I want to get it in the air.

Thanks a good looking heli hope you enjoy it.

I had not looked here for a while seemed no one else was going to reply.

BYW its a Yak made by fancyfoam.com well its a copy of one. the guy who built it said this one fly better then the one you can buy at only 5.86 ounce with 2 cell 360mah pack.
Here pictures of my new bird, I wanted to be able to see it so nice bright colors. Ignore the other heli, thats my fathers old electric kalt whisper.

Name:	425.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	133275   Click image for larger version

Name:	425 (1).JPG
Views:	152
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	133276   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0006.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	133277   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0004.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	133278   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0014.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	133279  

Old 08-08-2010, 08:55 AM
koolkrabber47

Default Don't feel bad,i haven't posted anywhere,been too busy fishing........

Man,that's a good looking bird,Chris.....I know what you mean about being short on cash$$$......If i wasn't smack dab in the middle of my fishing season, i'd probably be short on hobby money too.....BTW, so good to hear from you and see your having "too" much fun......I am familiar with FancyFoam......They sell really good stuff, at very reasonable prices......I need to get me one of those foamy jobbers.....Don't have one yet......I bought one of those RC Universe FlatOut's series Bi-Planes, i think it's made by great planes.....Started to build and didn't like the way it went together.....Threw it in the closet and left it there, about 2-3 months ago......It's made with 3mm foam stock and i thought it was too frafile and lost interest in it......Are you familiar with it......I have way too much airplanes......I have been leaning more towards Whirly-birds,the last year or two.....They are way more complex and thus more fun......Anyway's, 1am i have to work in the morning....I will talk to you very, very soon,Chris......Tell pop's i said hi......Tell the Wifey/girly-friend i said hi......Tell her to keep practicing with the sticks(radio).......Hope your health is at it's best.......KOOLKRABBER47.......
Old 08-09-2010, 04:44 AM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Okay its morning now i edit this.

The flatouts suck, I got the extra300 from a club member, its way to heavy even the plane itself weigh more then this whole thing does rtf. This lil guy fly so so much better. but i would guess much wind would not be fun, well for me wind is always fun I just sit into the wind and do rolls not going forward sometimes going backwards ha ha thats always fun \

You should get one, either indoor or outdoor model. I started out 6 yrs ago with the edge 540 outdoor he only l had like 3 to pick from back then he has a lot now days. there really fun. if you happen to break it a lil gorrilla glue and your back in the air.

how is the weather where your at ? 6am wakes up to be at feild at 7-730 fly till 9 and its to hot to fly after so come home sit in the A/C this heat is really messing with me this year being on these meds I just can not take the heat, stinks cause well what kind of job do i even look for no way I can be outside, and some days I just feel like total crap

Thanks for comments on my 500 sized bird, My first real try at painting, the lines do not match perfect but this stock canopy stinks, its flexible like a coke bottle. only complaint with the kit is the darn cheap canopy, they sell nice ones for around $25 I get one one day

Added it up last night since some of the things I traded I had, and I traded other things for things i traded I only have like $235 into it, Actually right now only $135 but I owe my dad 100 for the Castle Creations ICE100 he got me at my E fly someone had it for sale I thought it was a deal not having to pay shipping so he got it for me, maybe he just let me have it as a Bday since its coming soon ( Nov)

but what it is the Gaui 425 basic kit would be $90 to your door.
Futaba S3004's $14 each
9253 on the tail somewhere around$75 I think
logictech 2100T gyro about $80 I think
CC 100A ICE $100
Fiberglass 430mm Blades $15.00

mine was a old kit someone got from IRCHA lastyear, so I had to buy a $3.95 tail hub that was a upgrade they changed no biggie took 10 mins to change it out.

I ordered 3-4 driffrent size pinions cause not sure on battery's or motor KV yet.

ordered few spare gears while I was at it so i would have them, it always seems if you have the parts you do not need them, but if you don't you need them.

ok well breakfast is calling my name hope you do not work to hard.

Last edited by EpoweredRc; 08-09-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:03 PM
koolkrabber47

I did it!!!!.......It's mine!!!......And i'm not sharing, so there!!!.......Ha! Ha! Ha!......No, all kidding set aside.......I just paid for my Audacity Pantera .50 on thursday......Got a PM from JurrassicJet on HeliFreak yesterday......It's already packaged and will ship out on monday.......Hope it get's here real soon, i'm dying to try it.......It's a BNF Heli with ar7100r Dual-Satellite with governor built-in......Now i have to get busy and find me a good deal on a new JR x9503 2.4ghz. Radio......Well Chris, Wish me luck in my new Journey of Big Nitro Heli's.......I sure hope i have as much luck with this one, as i had with my HeliMax Axe 400......The goal is to spend about a year or two on this one(cheaper to crash) and then move on to the new Align 700N .91 size or the Curtis Youngblood Rave NV .91 size......No 3d,just general sport flying for me and take her home in one piece......I promise i will post pic's as soon as U.P.S. drop's her off at the door......KOOLKRABBER47.......
Old 08-15-2010, 01:56 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Coool.........
Hope you enjoy it, All electric for me, glow just to messy, got to be tuned just right. I stick with my E's yeah battery's cost but when your father is who mine i you do not worry about having battery's were running over with 2200-2250 3 cell packs LOL

I hope you have really good luck with it, the bigger ones fly so much more stable and smooth, never flown a axe but know how my Cp flew and the blade and I have hovered a 500 that's a 30 size your getting a 50 size HUGE.

if I had the money I would get the E9 Senergy. I wish they would just go ahead and come out with a E5 already, maybe one day.

you asked how everyone was before, well my gf went into hospital Monday complaining of pain in her stomach and side, they did ultrasound and found had gallstones, was going to remove it on Tues but couldn't cause of scaring and infection so went to different hospital on thurs and had drain tube put in and got to go home Friday. got to take her back see dr. tomorrow
hope this is going to fix her. shes been feeling bad for a while they give her meds and send her home. Dr. said yeah its been like this for a while he knows cause of the scaring.

Ain't something I thought a 23 yr old would have to deal with.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:10 PM
koolkrabber47

Default Howdy, partner and Good Morning,too......

Sorry for the slow reply,Chris......I had a couple of day's off of work(finally) and went out of town to visit the some family.......Had a lot of fun with the wife and my 9 year old daughter......My 17 year old works on the charter boat's, just like his dad and had to work, so he did not go with us......My 22 year old has worked on the charter boats for 8 years now, since he was 14 and decided to take this year off and he went to Alaska to work on a Big Salmon tender boat's instead.....He's in Kodiak,Alaska having lot's of fun and making ton's of money.......He called me a couple of day's ago and they were tied up at the docks delivering 330,000+ pounds of salmon, just so you can see how big of a boat he's working on.......He said he's alway's wanted to see Alaska and he said you can not see it all from shore, so that's why he took a summer job on a fishing boat in Kodiak,Alaska.....I'm very proud of him, he's turning out to be a very good son......Yeah, the nitro heli's are a little messy but, like you said, your either nitro or your not.....I have a number of Nitro planes and i have lot's of electric,too......To me the electric's are very convenient but, you can't beat the sound of the Nitro's BUZZING the runway "inverted" ,Ha! Ha! Ha! ? or stuck in a "HOVER" , 3 feet off the runway, Waaaahhh!!!! ???......Oooooooohhhh!!!! and the smell of the nitro at 8 o'clock in the morning, smell's even better than that hot,fresh cup of coffee.......My favorite nitro right now is my big Precision Aerobatics BADBOY v2 with O.S. 55AX with 12x4 Zinger wood prop.......My favorite electric is my SIG E-Force with all-up weight at 15oz. with 1000mah battery......Well, the planes and the Axe 400 are gonna go on the back burner for awhile......My new Audacity Model's Pantera .50 is in transit (U.P.S.) and is scheduled for delivery for this FRIDAY morning (wooooopie).......I will post pic's for now and add video as time allow's......I hope your right and i hope it hovers better than my Axe 400......The Axe is cool but, is very twitchy with the factory setting (i bought it RTF with Futaba 6ex 2.4ghz. ).......I bought this Axe RTF and twitchy as it is, never really thought to change the settings for fear of messing it up and making it worse......It is twitchy but, managable and i have been able to learn on it regardless for about a year now.......E9 SYNERGY?.......Just the name sound's SEXY and a lot of fun???.....I'll have to google it and see what it's all about.......I KINDA like the RAVE ENV .90.......Man oh man, talk about waking the neighbors up on an otherwise quiet saturday morning, Ha! Ha! Ha!!!!!!........I could just hear those MASSIVE CARBON-FIBER BLADES tearing up the wind?.......Oooooohhhh ,Chris,,,,i just pissed my pants, just talking about it......Damn It......Ha! Ha! Ha! ........90 size is definately the goal for this RC ADDICT.......I went with the less expensive Pantera for now Because waaaaayyyy cheaper to learn on $$$$$.......RAVE ENV .90 or T-REX 700N will be my next "prized possession and all "BLINGED OUT" of course.....You can never have too much Annodized Aluminum or too much Carbon-Fiber,Right Chris.......That's still away's away for now.......Got to master some more aerobatic moves first......I'm not really into hard 3d, just some general sport flying and bring her home in one peice......I am looking to splurge on a Radian here soon,too......I have a number of Nephew's here locally that really want to learn to fly......I gave my Parkzone Slo~v to one of my nephew's last month for his birthday and he learned to fly it by himself,right away.......AMAZING......I am so happy for him, it didn't hurt that i had it all trimmed out for him just perfect.....The minute it left the ground it flew perfectly level, leaving him only to concentrate on "climb out".......Well Chris, I "MESSED UP" cause now i think he has the "BUG"......Ha! Ha! Ha!......He keep's bugging me and bugging me to take him to the next level and let him fly my Bigger Hobbico SuperStar 40 with an O.S. .46ax motor.....Plus he keep's showing me Tower Hobbies Catalogues and wanting to know which planes he should buy next......Funny ,Huh???.....Not so funny when he's "PLANE BROKE" and his wife comes looking for me, wanting to ring my neck......I hate to think ahead, 5 yrs. or so, when he's in the hobby shop wanting to plunk down $2,000-$3,000 on a SYNERGY E9, Ha! Ha! Ha!......Hopefully i'm living in another state by then, where his wife can't find me, Ha! Ha! Ha!.....do you see the mess we seasoned veterans start by introducing all these "NEWBIES" to this wonderful hobby???......Ha! Ha! Ha!.......All joking set aside now,Chris......Sorry to here about your "favorite lady" .....Sure hope all is better now......Definately not something a 23 yr. old should be going thru at such an important stage in her life......I sure hope you love her enough to see her thru this.....My wife of 24 yrs. got sick about 5 yrs. ago,too......Same as your girl......Pain in her side, didn't want to take time off from work to see the doctor......Then it got way worse......I took her into hospital at 10 pm and they operated at 630 the next morning......Remove gallstones and all was good.....Six months later, same thing, Gallstones again......All gone now,five year's and $48,000 later and she is fine and i still have my "Favorite Lady" by my side.......Take care of your "PRINCESS"......Hold her hand.....Walk her thru this and you will have a "FRIEND" for life......Sorry to hear about her pain.......Tell her to get well sooooon, she has Helis that really need her and we miss her input, here on these RC Forums.......Thanx for posting,Chris and sorry for the loooong reply......Keep in touch,Bro.......KOOLKRABBER47........P.S.....i will post pantera pictures as soon as she arrives......Well, that is "after" me and Pantera are done making out in the closet while the wifey's at work......You know how that goes,Chris(we have to keep our heli's happy)???.......
Old 08-18-2010, 06:19 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

This is My new fav video i think Of Matt botos flying the N9
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-GGXXgd0gA[/media]
he is playing with the Auto mode function during the whole video he really believes in it lol.

Wow, well sounds like your kids are having fun and making good money just what ever dad wants.

yea we got word yesterday after the Dr yesterday morning and the day before she has to go to pre op tomorrow and sign the papers, then Friday morning there going to try to do the surgery once again, Guess they didn't like what they seen after the cat scan yesterday, going to try doing it liposoptic again but I think he said if he can't hes got to cut her open, please be thinking about her. I Pray everything goes well friday.she got be there at 11:30am

let it all go well and hope she go home late Fri. night or Saturday morning sometime Please. shes suffer enough, she can't hardly get around.

Was going to go to a Heli fun fly sat but now now, she forgot about it until I said something she said she wants to go I said your having surgery Friday your not going to feel like going lol she loves RC.

I totally agree about the sound and the smell of a nitro in the morning that's only thing they not figured out how to bottle that to put on electrics

The G/F disagree however she does not like the smell but I do think she enjoys the sound of the big nitro heli's.

make sure you get a video of that you hovering 3 foot over the runway inverted... I can do that on the similator but real life no.

Do you have a simulator? Be cool if you had Phoenix so maybe we could fly together online sometime. Seems your a busy guy and do not have time to do much. Glad you and the family got to have some time together.
I still a motor and a OWB away from spooling up my 500 heli. November needs get here maybe I get motor for my B-day. wow Can't believe I will be 31 in few months.

Glad you got someone else into the hobby, and yeah we know how that is, guy wants to buy R/C parts but wife wants new shoes... Glad mine would chose RC parts over shoes, got to train them well lol.

Take care. and post pics when you get that thing. Video too even if just spooling it up hovering.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:24 AM
koolkrabber47

Default It's heeeeere!!!!!!......

Originally Posted by EpoweredRc View Post
This is My new fav video i think Of Matt botos flying the N9
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-GGXXgd0gA[/media]
he is playing with the Auto mode function during the whole video he really believes in it lol.

Wow, well sounds like your kids are having fun and making good money just what ever dad wants.

yea we got word yesterday after the Dr yesterday morning and the day before she has to go to pre op tomorrow and sign the papers, then Friday morning there going to try to do the surgery once again, Guess they didn't like what they seen after the cat scan yesterday, going to try doing it liposoptic again but I think he said if he can't hes got to cut her open, please be thinking about her. I Pray everything goes well friday.she got be there at 11:30am

let it all go well and hope she go home late Fri. night or Saturday morning sometime Please. shes suffer enough, she can't hardly get around.

Was going to go to a Heli fun fly sat but now now, she forgot about it until I said something she said she wants to go I said your having surgery Friday your not going to feel like going lol she loves RC.

I totally agree about the sound and the smell of a nitro in the morning that's only thing they not figured out how to bottle that to put on electrics

The G/F disagree however she does not like the smell but I do think she enjoys the sound of the big nitro heli's.

make sure you get a video of that you hovering 3 foot over the runway inverted... I can do that on the similator but real life no.

Do you have a simulator? Be cool if you had Phoenix so maybe we could fly together online sometime. Seems your a busy guy and do not have time to do much. Glad you and the family got to have some time together.
I still a motor and a OWB away from spooling up my 500 heli. November needs get here maybe I get motor for my B-day. wow Can't believe I will be 31 in few months.

Glad you got someone else into the hobby, and yeah we know how that is, guy wants to buy R/C parts but wife wants new shoes... Glad mine would chose RC parts over shoes, got to train them well lol.

Take care. and post pics when you get that thing. Video too even if just spooling it up hovering.
Sorry i'm not home right now, i'm in "PANTERADISE"......Please leave your name, phone number and a breif message and i will return your call, as soon as possible......Ha! Ha! Ha!........I'm just messing with you,Chris.......No really???......I am in "PANTERADISE".......The Pantera is here and it's Soooooo SWEEEEEET........Haven't fired it up yet......Need to buy a new JR 2.4ghz. radio.......It's BNF with DSM2 AR7100R with built in Governor($175.00) and the only JR i have at the moment is a X6102........I have a Futaba 6EX 2.4ghz. that came with my HeliMax Axe 400 but, that won't work.......I'm scouring the internet and the RC forums for a BRAND NEW JR X9503.....If i can't find one, i'll have to settle for a DX7 for now and use it for a buddy box later, when i find me a X9503......I need to get this bird in the air.......I'm posting a quick picture for now, for size reference and will post video when i get some.......I just got home from work......I started work at 9am this morning and i got to take a shower and do it all again tomorrow......I hope all went well with your "special lady".......I hope she didn't get any bad news from the doctor.......Please tell her i said,Hi and we are praying for her.....Tell pop's i said,Hi and hope all is well in Georgia.......So long,Chris........P.S.......Hope you enjoy the attached pictures, i took them from my front deck......

Name:	Pantera .50 August 20,2010 007.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	134037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantera .50 August 20,2010 001.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	134038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantera .50 August 20,2010 008.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	134039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantera .50 August 20,2010 010.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	134040  
Old 08-25-2010, 12:50 AM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surgery went well, the gall bladder is gone,
went to Dr yesterday and got the Tube out.
she is doing better, feeling better, walking better and faster still sore but guess will be for a while. Hope she be up and ready to fly soon.

That Bird is BIG I didn't know you didn't have a JR 2.5 the 9503 is sweet, I want the new DX8
Old 08-26-2010, 02:33 AM
koolkrabber47

Default I looked everywhere but, no DX8???......Couldn't find one???

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surgery went well, the gall bladder is gone,
went to Dr yesterday and got the Tube out.
she is doing better, feeling better, walking better and faster still sore but guess will be for a while. Hope she be up and ready to fly soon.

That Bird is BIG I didn't know you didn't have a JR 2.5 the 9503 is sweet, I want the new DX8
Chris, Glad to hear all is well with your special lady.......What do you mean "hope she be up and ready to fly soon"???.......Don't you have a Micro she can fly around the bedroom?.......You need to get one and quick.......I wanted a new DX8 after getting an E-Mail from Horizon Hobby and watching their video,too.......Couldn't find one, you can only backorder them for now......I went ahead and bought a new Spektrum DX7 mode 2 Heli version from Todd"s Model's, it will be here tomorrow, according to U.P.S. tracking.......I will use the DX7 for now, until the DX8 come out,later this month and then i will buy the DX8 and use the DX7 for a BuddyBox.......I also just bought a Custom painted Fiber Glass Fusuno T-REX Canopy from HeliPainter, over on HeliFreak.......Custom painted of course and without the T-REX logo's.......It will ship out Monday and i will mount it on my Pantera and post pictures as soon as possible.......For now you can check it out on HeliFreak, just look up HeliPainter, he does the awesomest paint job's i've ever seen.......I can't wait for my Radio and then i just need some WildCat 20% Heli fuel and i can fire this baby up.......Of course i still have to spend a good while programming the DX7.......The guy that sold it to me included photo copies of his DX7 radio settings, so it should be a breeze......Man, that DX8 is amazing........Now i know why you want one for yourself.......What i like about the DSM2's is all the BNF Micro's that are available......Did you see the video/advertisment for the Mini-Beast???......YaaaaaY!!!......That lil' bird is crazy fast and cute at the same time.......Gotta have one,Chris.......Sorry,Chris, i gotta run to the store real quick and get something for dinner, before the wifey kill's me.......Talk to you soon........KOOLKRABBER47........
Old 08-26-2010, 03:13 AM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

yeah shes got a MCX she needs to get back on the sticks IV was in her left wrist and couldnt move that arm after not moving it all weekend shes feeling better think shes going home to her moms house tommorrow thats where her rc is at.

she already asked where the next event is there having a pretty big electric fly next month 3 hours away i really want to go but not sure, i really would love to have the 500 up and flying man it sucks all I need is $61.00 so I can order my darn motor I need. it really stinks when your this close i am just broke.... sold a motor for a plane for $15 but that went to gas so just my luck. everytime i get close something jumps into my way.

yeah that lil micro beast is really cool looking, if I had the cash i would own all of them, right now I like a champ for the gf and a T-28 and the micro beast for myself.

hope you got dinner. take care, look forward to hearing seeing that thing fly.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:33 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

flew some Aerial videos with my Lil yak at the folks yesterday check it out.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h84lJLfTGOQ[/media]
Old 08-30-2010, 03:51 PM
koolkrabber47

Default Your pop's has a really nice place there,Bro'!!!

flew some Aerial videos with my Lil yak at the folks yesterday check it out.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h84lJLfTGOQ[/media]
You Sir are a lucky man.......Your pop's has a really nice place there,Bro'!!!......Man, that Lil' plane can really scooooot........Your Really good on the sticks,too.......Is that the same foamy you had in the last video i saw???......I gotta get me one, they slow down really well and can fly in really tight places,too.......On my end, finally got my DX7 and Man what a sweet radio.......Never new what i was missing.....I alway's thought they looked kinda cheap......Maybe this one look's really nice because, it's one of the newest designs(really shiny,too).......Well,Chris, i haven't had time to do anything since i got my new radio on Thursday.......The weekend is our busiest time of the week, here on the coast(lot's of tourist's).......I had to work Thursday,Friday,Saturday and Sunday and i have to be at work at 9 a.m. today, i have Tomorrow and Wednesday off......Tomorrow i will drive two hour's to Hobbytown USA (yes you heard me right,two hour's) and buy me some 30% case of fuel, Curtis Youngblood,if i can find it and make it worth the trip.......I kinda don't mind making the trip because, i get to take the Wifey somewhere really,really nice to eat and then she don't whine about how much money i spent......During my two day's off, i need to get me some fuel but, most importantly i need to spend some quality time with the DX7 and program it just right for my "big bird".........Thank god the guy that sold it to me had a DX7 and sent me a copy of his radio settings, to get me in the air faster.....I'll still need to spend some time "fine tuning" but, his settings should put me about 80%-90% of where i need to be.......My Custom Painted FiberGlass Fusuno Canopy will ship out to me today......I had HeliPainter, over on HeliFreak, paint me a windshield on it......He was done painting on Friday but, he had to let the ClearCoat dry over the weekend and he promised to have it shipped to me by today.......It comes with some Custom Painted Tail Feathers to match,too.......I promise i will post pictures of the finished product, after i get everything assembled.......It should look really,Sweeeeeeeet.......Talk to you soon,Chris......Thanx for posting.......KOOLKRABBER47.......
Old 08-30-2010, 04:02 PM
koolkrabber47

Default Here are some pic's of the Canopy b4 he painted in the windsheild......

Originally Posted by koolkrabber47 View Post
You Sir are a lucky man.......Your pop's has a really nice place there,Bro'!!!......Man, that Lil' plane can really scooooot........Your Really good on the sticks,too.......Is that the same foamy you had in the last video i saw???......I gotta get me one, they slow down really well and can fly in really tight places,too.......On my end, finally got my DX7 and Man what a sweet radio.......Never new what i was missing.....I alway's thought they looked kinda cheap......Maybe this one look's really nice because, it's one of the newest designs(really shiny,too).......Well,Chris, i haven't had time to do anything since i got my new radio on Thursday.......The weekend is our busiest time of the week, here on the coast(lot's of tourist's).......I had to work Thursday,Friday,Saturday and Sunday and i have to be at work at 9 a.m. today, i have Tomorrow and Wednesday off......Tomorrow i will drive two hour's to Hobbytown USA (yes you heard me right,two hour's) and buy me some 30% case of fuel, Curtis Youngblood,if i can find it and make it worth the trip.......I kinda don't mind making the trip because, i get to take the Wifey somewhere really,really nice to eat and then she don't whine about how much money i spent......During my two day's off, i need to get me some fuel but, most importantly i need to spend some quality time with the DX7 and program it just right for my "big bird".........Thank god the guy that sold it to me had a DX7 and sent me a copy of his radio settings, to get me in the air faster.....I'll still need to spend some time "fine tuning" but, his settings should put me about 80%-90% of where i need to be.......My Custom Painted FiberGlass Fusuno Canopy will ship out to me today......I had HeliPainter, over on HeliFreak, paint me a windshield on it......He was done painting on Friday but, he had to let the ClearCoat dry over the weekend and he promised to have it shipped to me by today.......It comes with some Custom Painted Tail Feathers to match,too.......I promise i will post pictures of the finished product, after i get everything assembled.......It should look really,Sweeeeeeeet.......Talk to you soon,Chris......Thanx for posting.......KOOLKRABBER47.......

Sorry,Chris.......I forgot to include pictures of the canopy......Please see attached photos.......KOOLKRABBER47........

Name:	Fusuno Canopy 1.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	134490   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fusuno Canopy 2.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	134491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fusuno Canopy 3.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	134492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom painteded Pantera Tail Feathers 1.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	134493  
Old 08-30-2010, 06:22 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Thanks this place is great I Found it online and showed it to him when we drove out we all feel in love with it. lol. That is a Sweet looking canopy, Yes that air video is using the plane that's I started this thread with. It's my fav plane now. It will slow down and I can hover it so easy.

Man 2 hours to get fuel, well i do not know the price or how much you want to buy at a time, but if you buy it by the case you should look into Redmax fuel not sure cost we not got fuel in many years, but that's how dad ordered his from. Must not been bad on shipping but now it might be driffrent just a idea. he used to order two cases at a time, We flew a lot when I was young, and learning. everyday if was not raining.

yeah I have enjoyed my DX7 and that I know of the only different is the SE version hope you didn't get the SE one, cause it is not able to be used as a buddy box radio or can not use with a simulator. I do not understand why they left that out of it it looks the same other then the colors its supposed to have faster frame rate, oh well. I still got my Eye on the DX8 but who am I kidding I can not even afford a $60.00 motor for my heli

well take care, talk to you later. I have not felt so great last few days, but my Girlfriend is doing good, I was with her yesterday we went to see her brothers and his gals new house they buying, they moving in right now. I think my Sugar is high last few days why ever it wants to be.

Chris
Old 09-24-2010, 02:11 AM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Well you not posted back hope everything is good, i have not been flying much at all.
going to swap meet saturday if i wake up in time after tommorrow night lol.hope to sell some things I do not need.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:56 AM
koolkrabber47

Default Thanx for looking me up,Chris......

Well you not posted back hope everything is good, i have not been flying much at all.
going to swap meet saturday if i wake up in time after tommorrow night lol.hope to sell some things I do not need.
Sorry, my gooooood buddy.......I've been working toooo much.......Hey, Bad thing is i've been working too much, Good thing is i've been able to load up on the things i need for my RC $$$$$......BTW, how is your health doin'......I'm Very concerned for your well being........Hope your special lady is doin' fine,too......I really do miss corresponding with you,Bud......Progress report is, the Pantera has not maidened,yet......Got my heli, got my radio, got my fuel, then found out i didn't have a big enough pitch guage to set the pitch on this .50-size bird......I think you'll agree with me, checking pitch, before flight ,is very important........I ordered me a Large Align Pitch guage, should be here soon and i can get this beast off the ground......BTW, howz your 500 goin'.......Any luck snaggin' a motor,yet.......What motor do you need or have your eye on???......It must be killin' you, to not be able to move forward with your build.......I know, cause i'm dyin' to try my Pantera,too........Chris, you know i do fishin'???......What is your physical address???......I want to send you and ur' Pa', some smoked fish......Mostly Smoked Salmon, Smoked Albacore Tuna, Smoked Columbia River Sturgeon and maybe even some Pacific Ocean Dungenous Crab.......Hope you don't mind???........Let me know and keep postin' videos....... it really makes my day to watch somebody else on the sticks, even though i'm busy workin'.......KOOLKRABBER47

Name:	my new heli family september 21,2010 024.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	136008   Click image for larger version

Name:	my new heli family september 21,2010 005.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	136009   Click image for larger version

Name:	my new heli family september 21,2010 006.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	136010   Click image for larger version

Name:	my new heli family september 21,2010 015.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	136011   Click image for larger version

Name:	my new heli family september 21,2010 021.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	136012  

Click image for larger version

Name:	my new heli family september 21,2010 027.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	136013   Click image for larger version

Name:	my new heli family september 21,2010 018.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	136014   Click image for larger version

Name:	my new heli family september 21,2010 025.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	136015  
Old 09-30-2010, 05:00 PM
koolkrabber47

Default Just got back from the Seattle Space Needle.......Lot's of fun......

Gooooood morning,EpoweredRc......Have not heard back from you......Hope all is well......How did your swap meet go on Saturday......Did the weather hold up for you guys......I had a couple of day's off and my 49th birthday was on Monday and we had some Legal Business in Seattle on Tuesday, so we decided to make a Mini-Vacation out of it and see what Seattle had to offer, as far as sight-seeing goes.......Man, that is a very beautiful city.......We had dinner up in the air, in the Seattle Space Needle Restaurant.....The restaurant itself rotates 360 degrees, every 45 minutes and you get to see the whole city from 605 feet up in the air........Beautiful view but, the food sucks @ $100.00 for me, my wife and my 9 yr. old daughter, it was terrible......We also went to the Seattle Aquarium, it was great.....Kinda reminded me of when we were kid's and used to go on field trips to the local aquarium and see all the fish......It's too bad the schools don't do that any more.......We also took a cruise of the Seattle Harbor and it was cool because, you could see all of the buildings and the shore......The best thing was all the restaurants and all the good food.......Well, i sure hope to here from you soon and i sure hope you made enough to buy your new motor for your 500......I'm dying to see you on the sticks.....If you can throw that foamie around, i'm sure you can put that 500 through the wringer,too......Man, back to work for me today.....I have to work today(thurs.) all the way through Monday......Sure hope i can find some time to put one of these stupid Heli's in the air, even for a couple of minutes......It's supposed to be in the 70's today through Sunday, wish me luck.......BTW, i already shipped some canned Smoked Tuna, Salmon and Sturgeon to the guy who sold me my FiberGlass Canopy here on HeliFreak, his user name is HeliPainter, here on HeliFreak......Let me know if you want me to ship you some......Don't know if you eat smoked fish.......Anyway's, i gotta get ready for work......Let me know how your doin'.......Hope all is well......Tell ur pa' and ur special lady i said, Hi.......KOOLKRABBER47........

Last edited by koolkrabber47; 10-02-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:42 AM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

hey there buddy,
Sorry I have not been in RC mood much, and just busy with other things. I had Dr apt. she had one, got one tommorrow. just norm stuff were both doing well.

The swap meet kinda stunk great weather but only made $20 so no motor yet.

we just had a family day yesterday at my club field. It was a great turn out never counted but had to be 30+ folks. I got to fly the blade 400 and had a crowd every time I flew it. lots people who guess never had seen a heli fly or never one do anything but hover.

I had quit a few watch me fly the lil yak that's in this video of this thread. one guy said while I was hovering belly away about 2 foot off the deck. " why don't you turn it around and hover" So I did for a sec but it rotated he said "ha ha see not so easy now". I said hey why don't you do this...... I put the transmitter behind my back and was hovering doing rolling circles.... a few guys yelled out SHOW OFF....

I said he started it lol

Flew the Raiden a few times and Aleshia got to fly it couple times she crash landed it ha ha been while since she landed it, mostly my fault i am sure should just shut up let her do it on her own it was not hurt that thing is tuff.

They have a restaurant here in my town, well Atlanta... that's got one of those rotating building way up in the sky, I have never been to it, I do believe its kinda pricey to eat there. i do not light heights myself.

I am planing a trip to TN. on the 23rd weekend, my weekends been busy. went to a dance place to watch bands last weekend, this weekend we went to haunted house Friday night then sat was family day. Tommorrow Dr. for her.

Hope I can rest the rest of the week the 22nd is her CNA state test. Lets pray she passes.
then The local club is having a heavy lift comp. on the 23rd witch happens to be mine and my gals 2 yr anni. so were headed to Tn about noon and going to a few places while up there. staying the night then coming back on Sunday afternoon. wish could stay longer but not much money.

Got a Halloween party to go to on 29th then my buddy's for Halloween night to scare the trick or treater's

Still trying find a place for us to live. once she starts working we need live together so can drive my truck back forth to work.
so lots going on but were all good.

By the way , I do not believe ever had smoked fish, I have had fish out of the lake here my grand father was a huge fish eater. my parents do not really care for much, my gal only like boneless from Captain D's she a really picky eater. I myself do not eat much either. I do enjoy fishing but just for fun always throw back.

Take care
Old 10-04-2010, 05:32 AM
winggunner46

Default I have one also

Hello,
I have one of those, but still in the box. I am new or maybe should say re-newed to the hobby. My last planes float out of the garage in 1960 when hurricane Donna washed them all away. Never got back in until spending long stay in hospital and decided to have some fun while I still can.
I am a little afraid to fly this one yet, but have a Champ micro that I have only flown 5 times because I don't get up early enough to have windless conditions. Must change my sleep habits again, who knows, may tomorrow if no rain. Two other planes for a total of 4

Cheers

Quick Reply: So much fun in the driveway

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.11688 seconds with 40 queries