Walkera V200D02 Helicopter mini review: - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

Walkera V200D02 Helicopter mini review:

Old 08-06-2010, 06:23 AM
ehirobo.com

Default Walkera V200D02 Helicopter mini review:

The latest one from Walkera flybarless heli, the new V200D02. With lot of features like aluminum rotor, 3 axis gyro system, 2.4G, LIPO battery pack, a nice little mid size helicopter. It is about the same size as the CB180 mean it should handle light wind well and able to fly inside if desire. Yet the internal design for this heli is quite simple so it is very easy to work on even for beginner.

Open the box and it is the usual Walkera package. The heli and all parts are nicely protected by vacuums formed plastic. With balance charger, extra blade, small tools, all included. The first thing I notice with this heli is the design is very simple. 4ch setup so there are only two servos, one for aileron and one for elevator. And as this one use a 2 motors system, one for main and one for tail, with both ESC build into the 4 in 1. Make it very easy to work on after a crash or maintenance. A downside is to the power system is the motors will not have the power and service life as with the brushless motors. But the bushed system is sure a lot simpler and more user friendly. The frame design is very robust with Carbon look fiber glass fins, high impact composite frame with drill out for extra weight saving, 3mm carbon boom support. The only weak point I can find mechanically is the main blades. The blades were made of a very hard plastic materials which will break even with the slightest impact. It maybe good as a safety feature as if it hit someone it will break and cost less damage. But for flying it snap easily as soon as it come in contact with anything….

We charge the battery and fly it at the basketball field beside our office. With the dual rate set to lower position. It fly extremely slow…. Feel like an co-axial helicopter….. Switch back to the upper position the helicopter come alive. Fly quite similar to my 250. Slightly quicker than a 450 but more stable than v120d02. Out of the box need to adjust the subtrim slightly. (57% elevator, 45% aileron) Nothing major just some slight adjustment. And as it is around 10km/h wind outside, this mini heli seems to handle the wind better than I expected.

With the simple design and easy control, I believe this little bird should be good for intermediate pilots looking for very little (easy) maintance. And something about to fly outside or inside when the weather is bad.

Pro: Simple design
Flybarless quick response
3 axis gyro system
LiPO battery with balance charger included
2.4G radio system
robust design

Cons:
Brushed motors
Weak main blade
TT gear is not very smooth.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	v200d02_1.jpg