General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Flak Alleys

Old 02-26-2011, 06:31 AM
pattern14
Super Contributor

Default Flak Alleys

Tried a variation on a theme last week. Two of my sons ambushed my combat plane as it was about to land, using their automatic nerf guns. I was a bit mad at first, as they know not to get close, when the the Idea of a flak alley hit me. So we made some protective AA gun emplacements, totally plane proof and either side of the flyzone, and had a great time seeing who could hit the plane with the foam darts. Low level passes with the power off, automatic fire from the bunkers, dressed in helmets, goggles and flak jackets. Just the thing for over active teenagers. Until my wife found out and banned the whole thing Seems I went from adolescent to mid life crisis and completely missed being a responsible adult........
Old 02-26-2011, 07:50 AM
baz49exe
Super Contributor

Absolutely a male/female thing Michael. Of course it's irresponsible and great fun hence it's not suitable. Welcome to the recycled teenager brigade!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:59 AM
pattern14
Super Contributor

Wait untill she finds the surface to air missile
Old 02-26-2011, 12:41 PM
squidger

Did this a few christmasses ago. The boys were well up for it and neither realised that each was in line of fire from the other lol.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kccC1y9g-o[/media]
Old 02-26-2011, 12:55 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by pattern14 View Post
Tried a variation on a theme last week. Two of my sons ambushed my combat plane as it was about to land, using their automatic nerf guns. I was a bit mad at first, as they know not to get close, when the the Idea of a flak alley hit me. So we made some protective AA gun emplacements, totally plane proof and either side of the flyzone, and had a great time seeing who could hit the plane with the foam darts. Low level passes with the power off, automatic fire from the bunkers, dressed in helmets, goggles and flak jackets. Just the thing for over active teenagers. Until my wife found out and banned the whole thing Seems I went from adolescent to mid life crisis and completely missed being a responsible adult........
completely missed being a responsible adult........ Soooooooooo

Some or Rather most women just dont know what a sence of humor is, or how to have fun Ok, here is what you do, Trade her in for a 21 year old LOL, If your Really Really Brave, ask to see your Marriage Certificate, if she ask why Tell Her you want to see when the EXPIRATION DATE is Hope your Dog House is Roomy
Old 02-26-2011, 04:18 PM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

The only reason I can think of that she wanted to stop this is because she probably thought you were trying to come up with a new way to generate excuses as to why you needed to buy a new plane...
Old 02-27-2011, 12:05 AM
pattern14
Super Contributor

Default on the other hand...

maybe she is tired of me climbing trees, being chased by cattle, getting zapped on electric fences and generally wreaking havoc with crashing planes after a dogfight ( I fly/crash from home) Although she does make up for it by being beautiful......
Old 02-27-2011, 12:25 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by pattern14 View Post
maybe she is tired of me climbing trees, being chased by cattle, getting zapped on electric fences and generally wreaking havoc with crashing planes after a dogfight ( I fly/crash from home) Although she does make up for it by being beautiful......
I Think your just trying to make points LOL