E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Official Blade CX-2 Thread - Discussion, Help, Mods, Ideas.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Ah, I see now. Your tail boom is a much newer version than mine and mounts differently. Mine needs the O-ring.

Have you tried to adjust the 3 in 1. The manual gives suggestions for solving several problems. Also one motor could be getting weak.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:41 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Send me your address again Jim and I will send you some fresh O rings, I can't imagine ever needing them for anything.

I have no doubt that I can get it flying right but I will probably have to wait until Sunday to mess with it. I have a couple of planes that I am building for friends that I would like to have going by Sunday.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:14 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

I have been working on the CX2 this morning, making really good progress. I have been using this post as a guide.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...61&postcount=7

Once I had the blades where they looked like they were turning at the same speed I started trying low hovers. Adjusting the "proportional" screw I can get the helicopter to hover with no trim and it turns (rudder/yaw) left and right at the same speed. I am actually still trying to fine tune it, once you find the sweet spot you can tell the difference in very small adjustments.

I was also having issues with tail wagging. Adjusting the gain seems to have solved that problem. I will also keep fine tuning it to try and find the spot where I will have the most gain with no tail waggles.

While I was working on it I went ahead and moved the controls on the servo arm out one hole for a little more sensitivity. It will be Thursday before I really get a chance to check it out indoors with room to fly.

I can already tell I am going to like the changes though. The slow turn to the left was so irritating.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:13 AM
ToddRCcrazy

Default Tail will not hold

I had a inner shaft gear with a stipped tooth. The heli came down but not hard. The only damage I could find was a stripped tooth or two of the inner shaft drive gear. I replaced the gear and now I have to hold the tail with right rudder. I have inspected both drive shafts, blades, gears are tight on shaft and not slipping. I have adjusted the proportional pot all the way clockwise. I have played with the gyro setting pot. Nothing works I have to hold the tail with some right rudder always. Trim all the way to the right is not enough. Help please!
Old 02-05-2021, 10:53 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Is it possible that the replacement gear has more or less teeth than the gear it replaced?