Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Beginners, You Will Crash

Old 02-01-2011, 03:34 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Cdr. Instigator View Post
I concur with everyone that even Masters at the hobby will crash, but only with an act of God!

I too am a self taught RC modeler. I started this hobby way out on left field. What I mean is, I bought a used Airtronics Super Radio for 70 bucks New... I figure I will use it on many airplanes at the same time.. I also bought 3 RX for it.. I bought a handful of servos.. Started collecting .pdf plans here and at rcgroups. I build my very first model and guess what it was? It was a mid prop pusher--- Golem's Plane-Blu F-22 Link--- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=Blu+F+22

My first model was home built with free plans..

My very first Kit was E-Flight Funtana 300 I bought on ebay for 20 bucks
The reverse engineering of the Funtana 300
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1108238

Many other profile builds and plenty of crashes later, I venture into the Ducted fan area..

My second kit was a Sapac 70mm Ducted Fan Gripen.. Yes, that was my second store bought kit.... has 5 flights on it..

I must have saved hundreds by learning to fly with home build models!!

Just chuck it and punch it!

What a Cute little Guy The Blue Plane is almost as big as he is Yes making your own Planes and Flying them is Very Rewarding and Fun and Cheap Like Me it can save you a lot of money, and BTW: We all Crash from time to time, beginner or not, its just part of the Hobby, Take care and Have fun, Chellie
Old 02-01-2011, 02:41 PM
road king 97
old hat

chellie you and me are dating ourselves by talking about planes that we flew 20 years ago. I know you are 24 and iam 27 ,just wanted to let them know. lol joe
Old 02-01-2011, 05:53 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by road king 97 View Post
chellie you and me are dating ourselves by talking about planes that we flew 20 years ago. I know you are 24 and iam 27 ,just wanted to let them know. lol joe

your right I am 24 LOL ,Take care and Stay Sweet, Chellie