Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

Would i be able to use a Spektrum receiver on this heli?

Old 02-18-2010, 11:39 AM
sam94

Default Would i be able to use a Spektrum receiver on this heli?

I have a Esky honey bee cp3, similar to the cp2.

I would like to use my DX6I on it, but is it possible to use a Spektrum receiver in a helicopter that has a tail motor.

If so, where would i plug the tail motor in the receiver.

I would convert the heli to brushless, so the main motor would be brushless and i would use a 25 amp esc, that would plug into the thro port on a spektrum receiver,obviously all servos would plug into the approprate servo ports,

where would i plug the tail motor?
Would i have to convert the tail motor to brushless?
Or would i have to convert the tail motor to a belt driven system?

Thanks

Last edited by sam94; 02-18-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:39 PM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

There needs to be a Gyro between the receiver and the tail motor's ESC or tail pitch servo depending on how the tail rotor is driven.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
aramid

You would need another ESC to run the tail rotor, and as DBcisco says, you would need a gyro between the receiver and whatever manages the tail (servo or motor). This isn't limited to Spektrum; this is the setup you would need with any radio.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:55 PM
MaxAdventure
AMA 198798

There are many many threads on helifreak on running separates in the Honey Bee. There are basically a couple of proven ways. Most people only do it when they go brushless to deal with the added weight.

The thing is, as soon as one starts changing around an RTF like that, then there is a new 'weak link' that you want to improve. Trying to get happy with it, you spend more than if you'd just bought a quality machine in the first place.

IMHO you're best keeping it stock, and fly it like it was designed. Why do you want to change to the spektrum receiver?
Old 02-18-2010, 03:14 PM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

You can also use a 3in1 from a CP instead of seperates.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:08 AM
ruger1

I realize this thread is a little old, but I figured I'd put my 2 cents in. I have a Blade MSR, SR, an Ultra Micro Cub, but I recently aquired an Esky Honey Bee FP v4. I have a DX6i that I want to fly it with, while looking online at the Blade website I found Part number EFLH1024 which is a 4-in-1 ControlUnit,Rx/ESC/Mixer/Gyro 2.4GHz:BCX2/3 for Blade CX2/3. This wil bind with Spektrum Tx and it's only about $60 at my local hobby shop. The cool thing about this gizmo is that it is only one piece, is smaller than the original 4in1 72mhz rx in the Honey Bee, and I can still use my DX6i. Hope it helps someone