Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

The Chino Renegades RC Fliers Club

Old 06-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Firestem4
inexorably eccentric

Welp, Lipo, and motor are on their way. should come in about 2 weeks to that should give me enough time to get myself out of overdraw lol (only like 20 or 30 bucks) and buy the slow-stick and epoxy from tower Hobbies. 1 step closer to crashing that plane! Woot!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:42 AM
Wrench66
Ya' need to use mo rudda!

Originally Posted by Firestem4 View Post
Welp, Lipo, and motor are on their way. should come in about 2 weeks to that should give me enough time to get myself out of overdraw lol (only like 20 or 30 bucks) and buy the slow-stick and epoxy from tower Hobbies. 1 step closer to crashing that plane! Woot!
Oh Kev....get used to that overdraft being lit up

be good,
Ray
Old 06-26-2008, 07:44 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

hehe... Don't worry Ray, I'm over here trying to get him to get a second Job.... that way he can buy the "big" stuff...LOL
SK
Old 06-26-2008, 07:52 AM
Wrench66

Originally Posted by ministeve2003 View Post
hehe... Don't worry Ray, I'm over here trying to get him to get a second Job.... that way he can buy the "big" stuff...LOL
SK
Sounds good.....but the commute from Moorpark to here is gonna be a treat

Hey....trying to learn a bit of aerodynamics here....would you please explain what you know about wing tip washout and how it effects the plane's turning? Wondering if my L-19 would benefit from this mod.....thanks!

Ray
Old 06-26-2008, 08:25 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

ehh... wing tip washout... now yer just talking nonsense...LOL,

Less Air under wing means less stability... I think....LOL

a bend in the tips means that it will get air when it normally would tipstall, thats about all I know...,

How about putting a bigger motor on it and putting side force generators...hahaha
SK
Old 06-26-2008, 08:29 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Wrench66 View Post
Sounds good.....but the commute from Moorpark to here is gonna be a treat

Hey....trying to learn a bit of aerodynamics here....would you please explain what you know about wing tip washout and how it effects the plane's turning? Wondering if my L-19 would benefit from this mod.....thanks!

Ray
Hi Ray maybe this might help

http://airfieldmodels.com/informatio...p?Term=Washout

http://www.airfieldmodels.com/inform...ders/index.htm

http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&c...ieldmodels.com
Old 06-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Hey Chellie since you seem to have the answer to everything .Could you tell this "Grasshopper" What is the meaning of life? Jst Jking Well me and Ray and his son broke the rules and flew till 1130 .We weren't struck by lightning but the trees did crowd in awefull close. I let Robbie ,Rays son fly Marks rebuilt Stryker . He's probably still smilin.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 PM
SkunkyMagoo
Newborn Rotorhead

I might not make it this weekend, chopper is down till monday, and I has no planes
Old 06-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Wrench66

Originally Posted by Alpea42 View Post
Hey Chellie since you seem to have the answer to everything .Could you tell this "Grasshopper" What is the meaning of life? Jst Jking Well me and Ray and his son broke the rules and flew till 1130 .We weren't struck by lightning but the trees did crowd in awefull close. I let Robbie ,Rays son fly Marks rebuilt Stryker . He's probably still smilin.
Well, ya done it now, Al........Robbie want's a Stryker and there's no stopping him! hehe
They always told us that one toke "could" hook you for life in school.....pot=Stryker in this instance though and he's got it bad.

We had a grand time, thanks for letting me at the sticks of your big-thin bipe Al, sure is a joy to fly.
My scratchbuilt L-19 Bird Dog is debugged and is now part of my regular rotation, put it through 3-4 batteries without any trouble (well, sep it's kinda slow....hmmm, yeah sloooowwwww) so thanks goes out again to all who helped with advise on power and flight dynamics The addition of a few degrees washout in the wingtips settled nearly all of it's darty habits.....cool.
I pulled that mis-be-haven motor from my SS when we got home and it did have a separated winding right at the stator. Kinda sad as that was the very first motor I bought for my then-new Slow Stick way back in January when I began this epic adventure into RC flight.
BUT OH WELL........I gots more

What a bit-chin way to start our day!

Last edited by Wrench66; 06-26-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: can't say *****in :)
Old 06-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

I like those Strykers but those big slow 3d ers like my Byp Yak are more suited to an old pilots reflexes. Hey Steve, you wanna pass on your rebuilt Stryker to a young gun with a need for speed? I know we need the servos for Daniels and it'll prob. take a little while for him to earn the esc and the motor. Or better still Ray , so he can learn some sweat equity and scratch building skill ,tell him the foamy cut out I have that needs some shaping and the fins that are drawn on black depron are already his he just has to finish it. And untill it's ready he's welcome to fly James's when he comes out with you.

Last edited by Alpea42; 06-26-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:23 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Mark come on out this weekend you can fly any of my planes just stay above light pole altitude. Or don't I don't care. Wrench 66 (Ray) rode his moped over to my house this evening ( before dark) and I took it around the block twice man is it cool goes about 25 MPH no problem
Old 06-27-2008, 06:28 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by SkunkyMagoo View Post
I might not make it this weekend, chopper is down till monday, and I has no planes

We All have planes you can fly So get your big buns out to the field and fly , Take care, Chellie
Old 06-27-2008, 06:32 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

LOL The meaning of Life is, ENLIGHTENMENT, Once you have learned that Grasshopper, Then you will have Learned

Old 06-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Chellie , those are not "big buns"
Old 06-27-2008, 06:36 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

<<<< IS Such A HAM
Old 06-27-2008, 06:38 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by alpea42 View Post
chellie , Those Are Not "big Buns"
Lol :d :d :d
Old 06-27-2008, 06:40 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Can't find the picture . Are you flyin in Chino this weekend Chellie. Next weekend on the 6th is a fairgrounds event The annual Basque Picnik. It's a church group maybe we could do a flyin demo for em and get a free lunch LOL
Old 06-27-2008, 06:45 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

Meaning of life...
Ask and you shall recieve...LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meaning_of_life
SK
Old 06-27-2008, 06:45 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Can't find the picture . Are you flyin in Chino this weekend Chellie. Next weekend on the 6th is a fairgrounds event The annual Basque Picnik.
Yes i will Drag my big Buns out there and fly I am going to try to get my funtana done tomorrow, that thing needs to fly, it real hyper too heck, i might be able to get into the 100 MPH club with it Take Care, Chellie

Meaning of Life
[edit] Buddhist views

One of the central views in Buddhism is a nondual worldview, in which subject and object are the same, and the sense of doer-ship is illusionary. On this account, the meaning of life is to become ENLIGHTENED as to the nature and oneness of the universe. According to the scriptures, the Buddha taught that in life there exists Dukkha, which is in essence sorrow/suffering, that is caused by desire and it can be brought to cessation by following the Noble Eightfold Path.

See Grasshopper, I was right Again
Old 06-27-2008, 06:46 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

hehe... don't they just have everything in wikipedia...LOL
SK
Old 06-27-2008, 06:50 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by ministeve2003 View Post
hehe... don't they just have everything in wikipedia...LOL
SK
Yes they do Steve LOL
Old 06-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Firestem4
inexorably eccentric

lol yeah...the ride out to chino is a Little excessive for the weekend excursion. Not bad with my bike but once in a blue moon with my truck with todays gas prices. GAH!....

unless i can find a way to partially dissassemble my plane and put it into the bags that i have. And i mean by ways of easy. maybe i coudl create a simple lock/hinge on the fuselage, and the wings split apart with a locking-linkage.......

Steve! Start thinking! lol you're good at jerryrigging stuff it seems! I can give you the exact dimensions and volume of my bags.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

A 5' x 18' black plasic gun case would work huh Steve.Could even carry a rifle in it. Stevve supposedly ordered a 34" w s plane that went into an aluminum case. But they sent sumpin else. Chellie I don't know about "THE NOBLE 8 FOLD PATH" But it sounds like a shorter race than the 12 step program I keep falling out of. LOL
Old 06-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Firestem4
inexorably eccentric

cant exactly carry a 5'x'18' case on the side of my motorcycle lol.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:42 AM
Wrench66

I like those Strykers but those big slow 3d ers like my Byp Yak are more suited to an old pilots reflexes. Hey Steve, you wanna pass on your rebuilt Stryker to a young gun with a need for speed? I know we need the servos for Daniels and it'll prob. take a little while for him to earn the esc and the motor. Or better still Ray , so he can learn some sweat equity and scratch building skill ,tell him the foamy cut out I have that needs some shaping and the fins that are drawn on black depron are already his he just has to finish it. And untill it's ready he's welcome to fly James's when he comes out with you.
That was a capitol idea, Al check the pics!
Robbie got right out to the garage and started cuttin' foam, using a hot wire type cutting unit from Micheal's (love that 50% off coupon!). He went on to start sanding the rest to shape and he's lovin' it. He's seen me scratch out more than a few planes (when you're broke-outta work for months at a time ya learn to use what's around! hehe) but this time he has something HE wants and is motivated to make it happen. Makes me proud to see him do this, he's a good kid.
We'll be out at the fairgrounds around 7 or so......along with our other flyers we'll be bringing his project.....so's he can present it for inspection and approval

see ya in the morning,
Ray
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040023.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	70860   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040026.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	70861  

Quick Reply: The Chino Renegades RC Fliers Club

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.17296 seconds with 13 queries