Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

The Chino Renegades RC Fliers Club

Old 06-25-2008, 05:06 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Alpea42 View Post
There you go Kevin, you want advice about sumpin ask me I'll give you the bum rap and 20 people who know their stuff will chime in and give you good 411. See how easy it is here at Wattflyer .LOL

Naaaa you have good advice AL, there are always at least 10 different ways of doing something, as long as they all work, thats all that matters take care, Chellie
Old 06-25-2008, 05:09 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by son of alpea41 View Post
The only one James took when I asked him to take one of the people was the top of his head. He soloed your rebuilt Stryker this morning almost hit the van and us but got it down safe when I chickened out and screamed "CUT POWER AND LAND IT". It flys alright a little tweaky as air speed changes but not that bad. He was determined to fly it himself with out trainer cord or me taking it up .LOL

Hi Son of ALpea41 I remembered to bring every thing, except, my Silly Camera Next time I will bring it and get some pics, Take care, Chellie
Old 06-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Well ,Steve and I went out for a couple flights after "CERFEW" about 5 pm in the wind I refurbished this Yak Bipe with a E-Max2810 20 turn outrunner that I had put up for a while and this AM it was performing outstanding in still air so what's a 20 MPH wind.Well Steve handeled it fine,knife edge loops and rolling harriers and all that jazz. But me Mr. Mere Mortal ,on my 2nd flight let the wind get it behind the flight line and the biggest tree at the field reached out and grabbed it.OOT OOH Well Steve worked the throttle and got it down from 60' to 40' but still way outta reach. So I took a fishing pole from my van and on my 4th cast caught the offending branch and with a few tugs got it free and Steve glided it to a safe and fortunate landing with the Low Battery Alarm singing out of my Tx. LOL He might be a better pilot than me but I'm a better fisherpilot.There was no way I was gonna leave it in that tree with the motor, prop , battery and fine tuning I did to make it flyable again it was a sweet set up . Where everything is exactly as perfect as you dream it could be.Since it's only 2 m m depron there's some more fixing to do but that's o k I GOT IT BACK

Last edited by Alpea42; 06-25-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Wrench66
Ya' need to use mo rudda!

Well ,Steve and I went out for a couple flights after "CERFEW" about 5 pm in the wind I refurbished this Yak Bipe with a E-Max2810 20 turn outrunner that I had put up for a while and this AM it was performing outstanding in still air so what's a 20 MPH wind.Well Steve handeled it fine,knife edge loops and rolling harriers and all that jazz. But me Mr. Mere Mortal ,on my 2nd flight let the wind get it behind the flight line and the biggest tree at the field reached out and grabbed it.OOT OOH Well Steve worked the throttle and got it down from 60' to 40' but still way outta reach. So I took a fishing pole from my van and on my 4th cast caught the offending branch and with a few tugs got it free and Steve glided it to a safe and fortunate landing with the Low Battery Alarm singing out of my Tx. LOL
Oh Man, as a near-noob I have lotsa wind related stories in my attic.....most ending with me cussing myself for not having patience to wait! hehe
Let me chime in here about Kev's decision on the V tail subject......coming from a recent beginner, I was a little hesitant at the thought of "diagnosing" a V tail problem during flight. In other words, if I had a problem flying the plane and thought it may be a elevator OR rudder control problem (over controling is my EL NUMERO UNO buggaboo still!) how would I know what to do since the V tail combines the two. Any adjustment to one would make a diff to the other function, I decided I didn't need any more to think of other than the basic vert stab and horiz stab and went with the std Slow Stick and solo'd without much damage....my 14yr old son as well, same day (oh yeah we celebrated bigtime ).
Anyway....my 2 pennies into the hat, good luck Kev and we expect you to bring watcha got as soon as ya gets it.....ya hear? hehhe
Oh, and I have had death threats from mid-east oil sheiks regarding my 150mi gal beach cruiser soooooooo youse didn't see nuthun ya hear?

hahaha.....back to work on the Bird Dog (flew it most the morning and am making some improvments on a couple glaring oversights......BTW Chellie the plane flew a differnet animal with the adjusted thrust line....thanks!
Dropped 3 quarters on the nose just to lookseee and went even smoother, CG forward to near 1/4 wing cord.

best to all,
Ray

Good on ya James! Making the old man sweat a bit is cool huh?! jk Al
Old 06-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Ray he also caused me a proud moment, took off and flew that Wildfly Bipe all by himself but when battery sagged we smacked earth trying to hand it off. So I let him try the Yak Bipe and cuz it's quicker on the sticks he rolled it over and hit earth again but all is fixed now. Except for that nasty tree damage LOL. And who's fault was that DAD?
Old 06-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Wrench66

Ray he also caused me a proud moment, took off and flew that Wildfly Bipe all by himself but when battery sagged we smacked earth trying to hand it off. So I let him try the Yak Bipe and cuz it's quicker on the sticks he rolled it over and hit earth again but all is fixed now. Except for that nasty tree damage LOL. And who's fault was that DAD?
Of course.....waddaya gonna blame a kid for trying? Come now, he gets the big points for having stones enough to give it a go! Most kids I know (exception of my son) wouldn't have enough confidence in themselves to even attempt real flight.....that's a pat on your back there Daddio
Now...ya gotta show him what that tube of glue and all that there spare fan fold are for......fix'm up!

be good,
Ray
Old 06-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

The E-Flight Yak Bipe is in no way a begginers 3D machine cuz it's very thin depron (1&1/2 or 2 mm) and fragille. But when you get the right power set up it is the most amazing flying machine I ever saw. It easily does that slow motion 3 D flying that all 3 D pilots are trying to do. Hovers at 1/2 throttle and has pull ,pull tail surfaces so it has a tight stick feel about it. Oh and the trees love it too.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Firestem4
inexorably eccentric

Looks like i'll have my brand new amazing slow-stick in about $150 dollars lol =D. It could be 70 but the lipo chargers are so bloody expensive
Old 06-25-2008, 06:04 PM
SkunkyMagoo
Newborn Rotorhead

Originally Posted by Firestem4 View Post
Looks like i'll have my brand new amazing slow-stick in about $150 dollars lol =D. It could be 70 but the lipo chargers are so bloody expensive
What charger are you thinking about?
Old 06-25-2008, 06:25 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

b6/ic6
SK
Old 06-25-2008, 06:26 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

same as ours...

He mark, you really need to change over to these andson powerpoles... they're great...
SK
Old 06-25-2008, 06:28 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

takes like 30 seconds to make connectors for everything...
Old 06-25-2008, 06:29 PM
SkunkyMagoo
Newborn Rotorhead

Then I would have to swap out when I buy new batts

marc = lazy
Old 06-25-2008, 06:49 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

lol, yea, but once you see these... your gonna want to do it... ps, I'm not even bothering to solder them... the $8 crimp tool works good enough...
SK
Old 06-25-2008, 06:58 PM
SkunkyMagoo
Newborn Rotorhead

My batt order should be here today
Old 06-25-2008, 07:34 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

wha'd ya order...
SK
Old 06-25-2008, 07:43 PM
SkunkyMagoo
Newborn Rotorhead

4 1800 20c
Old 06-25-2008, 07:58 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

yup, sounds good..
SK
Old 06-26-2008, 02:59 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Hey guys it's now official ,the GATE KEEPER at Chino Fairgrounds Parkinglot pulled in today and stopped to tell me field is open for flying from "can see it" to 1100 hrs. So I guess that's DOABLE and College parking lot is only 1/2 block away after 1100. Oh yeah and he's trained all the trees to grab all airplanes flown after 11 o:clock , Right Steve
Old 06-26-2008, 04:06 AM
SkunkyMagoo
Newborn Rotorhead

Did you ask him WHY that has been put in place? I really makes my blood boil to even see to c*ck suckers when I get there...
Old 06-26-2008, 04:18 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hey guys it's now official ,the GATE KEEPER at Chino Fairgrounds Parkinglot pulled in today and stopped to tell me field is open for flying from "can see it" to 1100 hrs. So I guess that's DOABLE and College parking lot is only 1/2 block away after 1100. Oh yeah and he's trained all the trees to grab all airplanes flown after 11 o:clock , Right Steve
Thats Ok on the time, When I get there late like 9:30am everyone is normally done flying for the day

Hey Mark I am putting a 4 cell 1800mah 20C in my New stryker too, I am going to use this motor from hobby city
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...hless_Inrunner
it will handle up to 16 volts, and has a little more power than the 2835 inrunner I was using, it should do pretty good with a 4 cell lipo, Do you want to Race the Strykers Losser buys the beer take care, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 06-26-2008 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:21 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Firestem4 View Post
Thats not too bad to get started with, It Only gets more expensive as you get better flying RC Take care, Chellie
Old 06-26-2008, 04:29 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Wrench66 View Post
Oh Man, as a near-noob I have lotsa wind related stories in my attic.....most ending with me cussing myself for not having patience to wait! hehe
Let me chime in here about Kev's decision on the V tail subject......coming from a recent beginner, I was a little hesitant at the thought of "diagnosing" a V tail problem during flight. In other words, if I had a problem flying the plane and thought it may be a elevator OR rudder control problem (over controling is my EL NUMERO UNO buggaboo still!) how would I know what to do since the V tail combines the two. Any adjustment to one would make a diff to the other function, I decided I didn't need any more to think of other than the basic vert stab and horiz stab and went with the std Slow Stick and solo'd without much damage....my 14yr old son as well, same day (oh yeah we celebrated bigtime ).
Anyway....my 2 pennies into the hat, good luck Kev and we expect you to bring watcha got as soon as ya gets it.....ya hear? hehhe
Oh, and I have had death threats from mid-east oil sheiks regarding my 150mi gal beach cruiser soooooooo youse didn't see nuthun ya hear?

hahaha.....back to work on the Bird Dog (flew it most the morning and am making some improvments on a couple glaring oversights......BTW Chellie the plane flew a differnet animal with the adjusted thrust line....thanks!
Dropped 3 quarters on the nose just to lookseee and went even smoother, CG forward to near 1/4 wing cord.

best to all,
Ray

Good on ya James! Making the old man sweat a bit is cool huh?! jk Al
Thats great to hear Ray that your Plane flew well with the Adjusted thrust line, what the down thrust does, is to put a small load on the main wing, and helps to stabilize the plane, and keeps it from wanting to porpous up and down, normally 3 to 5 degrees down thrust is all you need, take care, Chellie
Old 06-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Wrench66

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Thats great to hear Ray that your Plane flew well with the Adjusted thrust line, what the down thrust does, is to put a small load on the main wing, and helps to stabilize the plane, and keeps it from wanting to porpous up and down, normally 3 to 5 degrees down thrust is all you need, take care, Chellie
Yep...I reattached the motor mount support system and in the meantime I eyeballed it downward just.....that much (you see it, right? hehe). Reattached everything and flew it through 3 batts this morning and is MUCH better, MUCH MUCH Now at near full throttle it looks to just pick the plane up level, very little nose up attitude at all. I also reinforced the wing to fuse and added the wing struts too....quite strong but the plane has gotten a bit porky from the work...AUW 17oz.
Right now I am running a series of tests to pick a stronger power train, the plane is a touch underpowered.....cool for scale like flying but is zilch for pulling my a$$ out of any trouble I find myself in (constant! hehe). I have a feeling the low speed motor with a mondo slow fly prop will be the choice here.....I am on a lite weight 2s so milage is a concern as well, oh well back to it

AL....call me re: Dickson

later,
Ray

BTW.....Cool Kev! You're so gonna be hooked
Old 06-26-2008, 06:11 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

OOt OOh a Skunk is not what you wanna P-- O--. Dang Ray not sure I still have your # . but me and James drove by Dixon about 0830

Quick Reply: The Chino Renegades RC Fliers Club

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.16033 seconds with 11 queries