Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

Flew my first Stryker today. Am I late?

Old 03-19-2017, 05:26 AM
trumpetmic

Default Flew my first Stryker today. Am I late?

Had a great time building and flying this today. Parts had been sitting in my garage for years! Snuck in a little Slowstick action for fun.

https://goo.gl/photos/Y4oxiUwq8j3crN5g7
Old 03-19-2017, 06:57 AM
Gregco10

It looks great. Never late for a Stryker. Those parts are getting rare though. My friend gave me a F27c that he didn't want. It was in need of major tlc. I did alot to it, 2in. balsa/foam laminate elevons, new hatch, re wired esc, New servos, linkage, and cosmetics. Flies great, killer plane.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:02 AM
Gregco10

https://youtu.be/nqOX4OT6EKw

It handles wind nicely too
Old 03-19-2017, 07:08 AM
trumpetmic

Originally Posted by Gregco10 View Post
https://youtu.be/nqOX4OT6EKw

It handles wind nicely too
Yeah, that handles great! Do you think a newer BL outrunner 450 would be an upgrade over the included BL inrunner?
Old 03-19-2017, 07:11 AM
trumpetmic

Forgot to mention that the plane actually browned-out for a few seconds when it seemingly went out of range. The motor just stopped and I lost controls. Luckily it was up high and I was able to run closer to get it back under control. It was my first time using this AR6000 receiver, and my first time going out of range (my old FM receivers have gone twice as far for me). Any ideas for increasing range?
Old 03-19-2017, 07:23 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Originally Posted by trumpetmic View Post
Forgot to mention that the plane actually browned-out for a few seconds when it seemingly went out of range. The motor just stopped and I lost controls. Luckily it was up high and I was able to run closer to get it back under control. It was my first time using this AR6000 receiver, and my first time going out of range (my old FM receivers have gone twice as far for me). Any ideas for increasing range?
From May of 2007....:
"Suddenly the motor stopped and I lost control over the plane. It was pretty high, so it ended up gliding quite a ways away... my friend and I chased it across town and ended up retrieving it from a parking lot a few blocks away from the field".

Seems over the past 10yrs not to much has changed.........
Old 03-20-2017, 02:49 AM
Gregco10

I never had good luck with that receiver. I would put it in a good spot, away from the battery for one thing. Antennas should be clear of things and in the open if possible. On my old multirotors I had 2 dropout and crash incidents with these, I mounted them on the bottom most part of the frame that would get good access to the transmitters signal. Then no more problems after that. Also make sure the transmitter voltage is adequate.

As far as the motor goes I dont know what mine actually is since it wasnt mine to begin with and there is no label. I think the stock motor was 1800kv and a 2860 ish. Inrunner. I think a 70 gram 1800kv outrunner with a 6x5.5 apc e would work good. That was my backup if what was in there didnt work.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:14 AM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Originally Posted by trumpetmic View Post
Yeah, that handles great! Do you think a newer BL outrunner 450 would be an upgrade over the included BL inrunner?
I had a rather insane Stryker, and will have again when I build a new one,
I put an 800 watt motor with 2700 kv.
It did 125mph on three cells, didn't get the chance to try 4.

If you are looking for increased performance, I would recommend stiff wooden ailerons, I think your are the stock foam but I'm not really sure. At high speed the stock ones don't work out real well, sometimes they will go into a flutter. At low speeds quick maneuvers are sharper with wood.

I have seen Strykers set up to scream and some all cut out and lightened up to float. They are an amazing plane.

Good luck with yours.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:52 AM
suresharp

I miss the stryker so much and still up set they done not offer it anymore. Sso many guys had them (not one but 3 and 4 ). going home puzzled.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Mazin
Creating Havoc as Usual

Just found a couple "Q" model bare fuselages on eBay for about $25, really reallly tempted since it was a great (& fast) flying bird.