Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

E-Flite/Blade/Horizon Quality

Old 07-07-2014, 04:00 AM
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Originally Posted by pizzano View Post
Just trying to provide some valuable information, based on 7 years of CCP build/flight/mentoring experience.....in the hope that you'll still be in the heli game 9 months from now.....(the time it takes to give birth). And that's only the beginning........!

Seems the info being provided (previously as well) is not hitting home.........many points are being ignored or just over-looked.......quite typical of many who let the heart and confidence overtake praticality and economy, as in time it takes to learn, cost associated with the learning (not just the $$$), and the generally accepted (amongst serious heli fliers) steps to sucess without the overwhelming aspects of frustration everyone experiences that takes the "fast lane" to the destination in a Porsche/Ferrari having never been instructed or driven in such......

I'm bowing out of this discussion, but will leave a link I used in the past while learning and refer those that I mentor to:

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/

I hope the challenge your'e about to undertake is rewarding.......doesn't leave a bad taste like the micro heli experience has (based on the questioning of Blade quality) rather than the possible lack of proper learning tools (almost anyone with plank experience and a little SIM time) can fly a 450 CCP on a SIM...it's not even 10% of the reality in REAL time, more discipline and less overconfidence.....all of which have chased more away from the sport rather than retained.

Best of luck to ya thepiper92..........hope to see some vid too!
I really don't see what I am over looking here, and what I am overlooking, please point that out. Others stated that the MCPX BL was the way to go, and I am finding it is not. Now apparently a large heli is the way to go, and now you are saying that is for above intermediate pilots only...how am I supposed to learn CP if a more "durable" MCPX BL is too hard to fly for a beginner, and a 450x is too difficult to fly as well...what does that leave me with...no heli at all? What learning tools am I missing here exactly? I'm sorry if I appear to be tossing away what you say, but there seems to be contradiction of a small heli=bad learning so get a huge one. Now, a huge heli is bad idea. I don't see where the "beginner" heli is. I am not attempting to take the fast lane, but the lane that will get me there slowly with the wheels staying on. The MCPX can get me there, but the wheels fall off a lot. I don't fee myself to be overconfident, but I know it is something I will pursue, want to pursue and I will succeed. I play bagpipes, consider the most difficult instrument in the world, and I understand what it takes to achieve, and also that I can often learn and achieve quickly.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:13 AM
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

I frankly don't understand the negative attitude here. I'm not happy with the mcpx BL, but not angry at horizon. It was my mistake buying it. I'm just trying to find the right path for learning heli flight,
Old 02-28-2016, 03:28 PM
birdDog
Charging....

I am absolutely done with the E-flite brand and all of their offerings. With no other brand have I suffered such a high failure rate. Unacceptable for one of the highest priced product lines in the market. Everything from balance leads failing, 1s cells going nuclear at rest, F-16s shipping with Art-Tech components, linkage rods glued to control boards, and the ridiculous failure that was the Blade CP I am left with nothing but disappointment. After assessing my experience with their products, I decided not to use a spare servo. I decided to just take the wire and connector and solder to another for an extension. After burying the whole thing in a wing, low and behold, the connector failed at a crimp and I noticed the tangs that hold the plugs into the body were also compromised. This has proven to be the one brand that I will never support again. The cheapest components at the highest prices.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:42 PM
Wrongway-Feldman

Quality isn't even the issue for me anymore.
It's the [email protected]##@in price that's absolutely ridiculous.
For me to pick up a carbon z t28 I need to shell out $800 Canadian.
Can someone please explain to me where that $800 is in that plane? The foam isnt $800 better. The components aren't $800 better. It certainly doesn't fly $800 better.
For that money I can buy 3 excellent multiplex models and drop in my own components. Or 4 topflite arfs. And so on.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:30 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Originally Posted by Wrongway-Feldman View Post
Quality isn't even the issue for me anymore.
It's the [email protected]##@in price that's absolutely ridiculous.
For me to pick up a carbon z t28 I need to shell out $800 Canadian.
Can someone please explain to me where that $800 is in that plane? The foam isnt $800 better. The components aren't $800 better. It certainly doesn't fly $800 better.
For that money I can buy 3 excellent multiplex models and drop in my own components. Or 4 topflite arfs. And so on.

I've previously discussed our experience with the new Carbon Z T-28 PNP.........Even though my buddy picked one up locally at a our LHS, a couple of months after it came out.........out the door the cost was $552.00.........!

Today, the on-line purchase at Horizon of $520.00 add tax and shipping is not more than $590.00 shipped state side ground.........no where near the $800.00 (as suggested above).......... shipped outside of the States and "Canadian" dollar adjusted.......?

The +$200.00 "suggested" discrepancy seems quite a stretch of one's imagination.........even for one out in the boonies north of the US border........

As far as past experience with E-Flite quality and performance............since I have not personally purchased such in over 18months, and there has been only one exception (a UMX model), everything from sport planes, quads, heli's and a few misc. elect. parts, have been as advertised and still operated quite well......... prior to my packing away the lot a couple of months ago.........even my buddies have had few complaints outside of fit and finish.

As for prices here in the U.S.............at least in my neck of the woods, more than half of the models still available today, compared to even two years ago, have either come down in price or stayed the same........the newer UMX and (previous Parkzone) now E-Flite only models, are an exception since comparisons were limited.

Guess we all could drum-up exceptions or negatives related to most name brand RC models and equipment.......but for me and my many buddies who have enjoyed E-Flite over the years, high prices and poor quality have been more of an exception (like the $800.00 Carbon X T-28) rather than the rule..............

Last edited by pizzano; 02-28-2016 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:43 PM
Wrongway-Feldman

Originally Posted by pizzano View Post

I've previously discussed our experience with the new Carbon Z T-28 PNP.........Even though my buddy picked one up locally at a our LHS, a couple of months after it came out.........out the door the cost was $552.00.........!

Today, the on-line purchase at Horizon of $520.00 add tax and shipping is not more than $590.00 shipped state side ground.........no where near the $800.00 (as suggested above).......... shipped outside of the States and "Canadian" dollar adjusted.......?

The +$200.00 "suggested" discrepancy seems quite a stretch of one's imagination.........

Here is the link to the Canadian retailer.
$799 and there is still sales tax on top of that.
Please don't question the veracity of what I say.

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...rod_id=EFL1350
Old 02-28-2016, 09:19 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Originally Posted by Wrongway-Feldman View Post
Here is the link to the Canadian retailer.
$799 and there is still sales tax on top of that.
Please don't question the veracity of what I say.

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...rod_id=EFL1350

Seems Great Hobbies has the "great" imagination.......lol

Still find it hard to except that a "Canadian' resident is bound to only purchasing from a "Canadian" retailer........

What I hear you saying is that you cannot purchase the Carbon X T-28 for less than $800.00.....even outside of Canada.............and your hands are tied together............It's either that, or shipping from the U.S to Canada is to much of a hassle and more than you're willing to spend.......?........not so much the actual purchase price of the plane....which was the original intended "knock" on E-Flite.........

Could had avoided this whole conversation if more clarity and fact had been presented......
Old 02-28-2016, 09:31 PM
Wrongway-Feldman

Go to horizon hobby web site.
Change ship to and currency to canada. Price is $808 before shipping.
I'm not making this s#@# up.