Humor Have some funny jokes or stories? All is fair game except political, religious or too explicit.

Now This Is Funny Stuff. Don't Care Who You Are

Old 01-05-2016, 11:08 PM
dereckbc
Super Contributor

Default Now This Is Funny Stuff. Don't Care Who You Are

Chicago Airport Police are directed to Run and Hide in the event of an Active Shooter.

Story here

Not sure what they are afraid of. It could not possibly happen in Chicago because guns are illegal there. Not even the Chicago Airport Police are allowed to carry guns. Talk about a Soft Target.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:15 PM
birdDog
Charging....

It's absurd. They have to wait for local/state police officers to respond. It's all feel good politics until someone gets hurt.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:23 PM
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Welcome to the land of the modern "progressive"
Old 01-05-2016, 11:57 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

every day our country sounds more and more like a bad Monty Python script.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:02 AM
pd1
Still Learning

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
every day our country sounds more and more like a bad Monty Python script.

At least Monty Python was funny.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:25 AM
dereckbc
Super Contributor

Real smart. Make yourself a High Value Soft Target and announce it to the world

Heck let me help out. 4 to 6 mean in a SUV or Van armed with Auto Weapon, pull up to terminal, shoot the passengers lined up and herded like cattle in a feedlot so tight there is no place to run, then rush the Tarmac and shoot planes full of passengers and fuel all in less than 3 minutes. Heck that would be easier and better than say the Super Bowl. Perfect Storm.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:46 AM
Turner
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by fhhuber View Post
Welcome to the land of the modern "progressive"
Now that's just a knee-jerk assumption you have made and you actually have no knowledge of why this policy stands or who brought it about, do you?
Old 01-06-2016, 02:56 AM
birdDog
Charging....

Much like in Baltimore http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/0...imore-schools/

Last edited by birdDog; 01-06-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:33 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by pd1 View Post
At least Monty Python was funny.
good point Paul.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:48 AM
Turner
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by birdDog View Post
It certainly fits the progressive narrative. Much like in Baltimore http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/0...imore-schools/
I dare say that if it were possible to poll the people on the idea of guns in schools I suspect it would not quite fall along the normally perceived divisions. Polls of NRA members on different gun issues show this clearly. The vast majority of them support doing something to stop the continued slaughter and I don't think guns in schools is one of them. I don't have children but I doubt that many parents think shootouts in schools is the best approach.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:55 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

I have typed four responses to this and not hit post on any of them...

Let's remember our forum rules here and keep this within that please.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:01 AM
birdDog
Charging....

"As we understand it, this department is like the Chicago Department of Aviation Police - they go through training, they are state certified, then they can't carry guns in the one place that they just might need them - the airport. It's not like there's ever been a terrorist incident at an airport. And schools? Schools are the safest place in the world for hundreds of unarmed children and their teachers."

second story down sums it up

https://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/s...timore+unarmed

10-4 Bill. Please remove if you see fit.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:04 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by birdDog View Post
"As we understand it, this department is like the Chicago Department of Aviation Police - they go through training, they are state certified, then they can't carry guns in the one place that they just might need them - the airport. It's not like there's ever been a terrorist incident at an airport. And schools? Schools are the safest place in the world for hundreds of unarmed children and their teachers."

second story down sums it up

https://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/s...timore+unarmed

10-4 Bill. Please remove if you see fit.
No it's ok... for now. All of my responses would have made me have to close it though! LOL!
Old 01-06-2016, 05:29 AM
DHC Beaver

I did not intend to step on any toes,so have removed my post.

Last edited by DHC Beaver; 01-06-2016 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:56 AM
Turner
Super Contributor

Why is it always okay for conservatives to take their cheap little shots but if countered then threats of shutting it down. I am all for keeping politics off this forum but one side gets their digs in constantly with no enforcement of forum rules. Frankly I get damn sick of it.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:53 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

As many know - the UK is against general weaponry in Police hands. UK has prided itself on Policing without need for Officers to carry guns.

The modern world and its escalation of armed incidents has created special units in UK for Armed Response. These have been highly successful. It has made possible the 'historical Bobby' on the street but with Armed back-up on call.

But when we take Airports situation - that is different. All International Airports in UK have Armed Officers patrolling. The only Officers unarmed are 'Beat Constables' or Airport Security - neither having been gun trained.

So I find it interesting that Chicago ... the famous home of Al Capone and such - that the Airport ... one of the most common terroist targets and access points has unarmed Officers patrolling it.

Here in Latvia ... even the private Security Co's have armed personnel ... not all - but many.

USA - internationally regarded as the haven of carrying a gun ... amazing !

Me - I'm against general carriage of guns ... still believing that if a criminal knows he will be up against an armed Officer ... will arm himself. I think UK illustrates that concept quite well.

Just putting a viewpoint across and comparison.

Nigel
Old 01-06-2016, 01:57 PM
Larry3215
Look out for that tree!!!

I'm having to bite my tongue as well

I was in the US Army and I have owned guns since I was 12 and I know lots of gun owners. Like most other groups, they run the range from perfectly sane and responsible to bat sh#@ crazy. Some of the worst are the "Patriots" and "Militia Men" we see all the time who think its ok to shoot police and federal officers because they are not allowed to break the law whenever they want to do so.

You and I know exactly which ones would be first to volunteer to patrol the local schools, airports, malls, etc to keep us safe from "THEM".

Do you really want a bunch of testosterone over dosed Rambo/Dirty Harry/Die Hard wannabe's armed (and desperately hoping) for a war, out patrolling the schools, airports and malls where you, your wife and your kids hang out?

Individually they are bad enough, but get them in groups where they can edge each other on and common sense drops to zero.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:55 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
I'm having to bite my tongue as well

I was in the US Army and I have owned guns since I was 12 and I know lots of gun owners. Like most other groups, they run the range from perfectly sane and responsible to bat sh#@ crazy. Some of the worst are the "Patriots" and "Militia Men" we see all the time who think its ok to shoot police and federal officers because they are not allowed to break the law whenever they want to do so.

You and I know exactly which ones would be first to volunteer to patrol the local schools, airports, malls, etc to keep us safe from "THEM".

Do you really want a bunch of testosterone over dosed Rambo/Dirty Harry/Die Hard wannabe's armed (and desperately hoping) for a war, out patrolling the schools, airports and malls where you, your wife and your kids hang out?

Individually they are bad enough, but get them in groups where they can edge each other on and common sense drops to zero.
Totally agree .... its called the Pack Instinct and we as Humans have never lost it from prehistoric times ...

Nigel
Old 01-06-2016, 05:04 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Totally agree .... its called the Pack Instinct and we as Humans have never lost it from prehistoric times ...

Nigel
Well we are animals after all. We just try to think of ourselves as civilized most of the time.

Some of us haven't quite been domesticated yet...
Old 01-06-2016, 05:52 PM
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
Some of us haven't quite been domesticated yet...
We call them "Congressman"
Old 01-06-2016, 06:14 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

haha
Old 01-06-2016, 07:43 PM
birdDog
Charging....

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...ongresscritter
Old 01-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Brner
AMA16634

Anytime I see/hear any one of those congresscritters open their mouth, my knee starts a-jerkin'......please notice I don't tie this reaction to any party, nor did I exclude any party!
Old 01-07-2016, 02:30 PM
hkeelljr

As far as congressmen go I think the term Freeloader applys best. As far as the Chicago Police are concerned and no weapons go, its a set up so when something does happen our so called president can get up in front of everybody with tears in his eyes and take away our second amendment rights.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:55 PM
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

I am actually pretty sure there is good reason for no guns inside of airports. They are screened, by armed agents, put through body scanners and then put in an area where you can't get in or out without walking through another body scanners. There has been no attack with a fire arm at an airport in the united States since before the TSA was created.

Local police are also used and patrol the airports undercover and do carry guns.

We are not all helpless because an airport cop doesn't have a built in kill switch built in.

Quick Reply: Now This Is Funny Stuff. Don't Care Who You Are

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15068 seconds with 12 queries