General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

WBC #10 inquiry.... still trying to get #10

Old 02-11-2012, 03:06 AM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

Default WBC #10 inquiry.... still trying to get #10

Hey WF'ers,

I got a hot line on a pretty cool little device, and although the discount isnt huge, neither is the price!

Have you heard about the Altimeter one yet?

This cool little device gives you a readout of your highest altitude during your flight.

A rechargeable digital altimeter that reports the peak altitude of flight on an LCD display. Its tiny size and rugged construction have helped to propel its use beyond model rockets and planes to kites, balloons, falconry, and other sports and activities.
The Jolly Logic AltimeterOne has been approved by the National Association of Rocketry for use in rocketry competitions.
Because of its rugged design, the AltimeterOne can ride almost anywhere. Here are some of the more interesting ways in which the AltimeterOne has been used:
» Clipped to the outside of a high power pyramid rocket (next to the engine exhaust nozzle!)
» As an on-screen altitude display in RC planes.
Features
  • » Highly accurate 19-bit barometric pressure sensor can detect altitude changes of less than one foot
  • » LCD display clearly indicates maximum flight altitude
  • » Advanced rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery lasts for hundreds of launches
  • » Recharges in less than 2 hours from any standard USB port, no cable necessary!
  • » Highly accurate pressure sampling over 20 times/second
  • » Power button turns device ON/OFF and RESETs the display between flights
  • » Automatically powers down to conserve power
  • » Handy tether point allows secure attachment, or independent streamer recovery
  • » Rugged fiberglass and ABS construction to survive crashes
  • » New! “Current Altitude Mode” displays current altitude in real-time

So, with a MSRP of $49.95 ($50) we are getting the chance to get a box of them for Wattflyer members at $40 each. Shipping is gonna be dirt cheap at about $2 each.

Here in San Diego, we use a toy spinner, with a number on it to play our "Altitude Game". Where the pilot spins the wheel, gets a number, and then tries to match that number in altitude. When they land, we see the number and get to tell how close to the target altitude the pilot got.

I put one in my motor glider and get to see what heights I got to during my climb and soar, and its a fun little device to have.

Anyone interested? Same WBC deal, no ups no extras, no profit. My cost is your direct cost.

Anyone interested?