Traffic - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WWI Era Discuss all your favorite WWI warbirds here!

Traffic

Old 02-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Mode One

Default Traffic

When I first came to Watt Flyer's WW1 Era thread, I thought: Wow, this is great, there's a bunch of traffic here! Now, nobody's posted in this thread for four days! Must be sorta on again, off again!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:17 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

hello mode one,and welcome to wattflyer,we are a funny bunch here at WF,some folks carry on for weeks on a topic and then just surf for days reading.

build threads here often get many folks checking in on the build but never posting,just a great way to enjoy seeing others at work or play.

i'm sure the ww1 posts will p/u when the weather improves.
me ,i just prefer to type and read differn't forums instead of watching tv. gotta love a laptop...it lives up to its name.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:26 PM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

Mode one:

If you ever have a question or comment, just post it here...I can pretty much say you will get an answer. WW1 folks are planning and scheming, rebuilding, looking for new paint schemes, but all under the coat of darkness (winter). Every now and then, they open the hanger doors and peep out to see what just flew by. Then grunt and back to the table they go. At times, one will actually slide the hanger doors open and launch on a sunny cold day, get about half the flight they want due to batteries shutting down in the cold. Sometimes, its just the pilot shutting down, these old coots on here don't like bad weather. They are reading old books, trying to view old WW1 videos which they have worn out, the cover on the video case has worn off, and a Black magic marker now depicts the title. Then there is the covert pilot, they are out there testing something...NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT! and you won't know until he feels its time to unveil the project. The He's and the she's are out there flying in zero temps, testing gear, design and their own skill. Then when the mornings are a little warmer and days longer...these weathered WW1 junkies pop out of the hanger like jiffy pop on a campfire! AT that point THEY JUST won't shut up! Gotta love em! Gotta fly em...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AMER%23850.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	142764  
Old 02-02-2011, 05:52 PM
touche

Yup, very quiet on the western front these days..Lull in the fighting and too foggy to fly. All the commanders must have taken leave to the south of France for some R & R...
Put a quickie question on the Flyzone Alabatros site regarding 1c battery brands. I guess all the planes are in the shop being reworked, rebricked, re lozenged and will come out to fly when the snow has flowed away..
Old 02-02-2011, 07:45 PM
bassfisher

I look in everyday, but there is only so much I can post on my two birds (SPAD and SE5a) About the only update I can give is that I just got the Lewis MG from GP (the one off the Nieuport) and will try to do some mounting of it tonight on the SE5. Very good looking MG for $7
Old 02-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Darwin

Build Review Traffic.

I also look in on this every day but haven't posted. WWI birds are the best. well, just ahead of WWII War birds
I have the following on the 'build' table
Fokker D-VII from rough and Ready
Electra Fly D-VII right next to it.
Electra Fly Pup there too.
I am halfway trough a D-III using the Rough and ready D-VII as a pattern.
Have a baby Barron half cut out (D-1).
There are 5 WWII war birds, one Geo bat, A bigger Zero, all in work.
I crashed my Albatross, the receiver broke loose on impact. elevator would not move, but receiver did
I will find my camera and post a couple pics.
Darwin - Omaha..
Old 02-03-2011, 03:59 AM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

Sounds like you have a few projects! All sound like cool planes....you'll love the Pup....I had one ( actually two) one got shot down and DeGREEN60 re-fab'd her and she looks great! Put plenty of pics on her while your building ...we all love pics!! and if ya got vid....show it off here!