WWI planes - Page 180 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WWI Era Discuss all your favorite WWI warbirds here!

WWI planes

Old 11-26-2010, 12:28 PM
  #4476  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Here is the only US plane I found. I do like the tail markings but as you can see the plane is all one color. I think I like the scheme TM showed with the gun on the side.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	9_21.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	139619  
degreen60 is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 01:42 AM
  #4477  
TM4197
Dope&Fabric
 
TM4197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia/Delaware
Posts: 1,355
Default

BTW...Degreen

The Bristol was put on a slow moving ship to your hanger! Now if it will get through TSA "pat down" you'll have your Scout!

HAd to send my Flyzone Albatros back to the factory, the control rod to the elev came off the servo in flight. Talk about a stick and rudder landing. No elev, just throttle and rudder...was like flying the old Magneto switch all the way in! I wasnt about to take that one apart, shouldnt have never happened in the first place...but TOWER HOBBY is always fantastic helping out!

here she is in Observation Mode with camera.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1124091719a.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	139918  
TM4197 is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 02:19 AM
  #4478  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Originally Posted by TM4197 View Post
BTW...Degreen

The Bristol was put on a slow moving ship to your hanger! Now if it will get through TSA "pat down" you'll have your Scout!
here she is in Observation Mode with camera.
If you shipped the gun with it, it will probably be pulled from the line and blown up. Now if the pilot is with it he maybe grinning from ear to ear after the "pat down".
degreen60 is offline  
Old 12-02-2010, 08:14 PM
  #4479  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

TM4197 has sent me another treasure. I think UPS helped by adding damage during shipping. The box looked like it had been at the bottom of a pile of very heavy boxes. The fuselage is twisted at the cockpit which I suppect happened during shipment. Should not be too much trouble to have it flying again. I like the way the gun is angled so the bullits miss the prop when fired. I wonder if anyone ever hit anything with guns mounted this way except by luck.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	crash.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	140000  
degreen60 is offline  
Old 12-06-2010, 03:47 AM
  #4480  
TM4197
Dope&Fabric
 
TM4197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia/Delaware
Posts: 1,355
Default

Good grief..I could have done that myself, and put it all in a smaller box. GEEES...Well, no more UPS!!!! Thats terrible.

The pilot that designed the sidemout for the machine gun actually scored some kills with that method. I think the oposeing pilot thought he was safe with the trailing Bristol to his right rear. NOT!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine looking over your right shoulder and see a machine gun firing right at ya!!

Sorry it got beat up so bad. I know you'll do fine with it.

AND WOW>>>>I finally got back on WATTFLYER....thought I maybe forgot to pay my dues!
TM4197 is offline  
Old 12-06-2010, 05:30 PM
  #4481  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Originally Posted by TM4197 View Post
Good grief..I could have done that myself, and put it all in a smaller box. GEEES...Well, no more UPS!!!! Thats terrible.

The pilot that designed the sidemout for the machine gun actually scored some kills with that method. I think the oposeing pilot thought he was safe with the trailing Bristol to his right rear. NOT!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine looking over your right shoulder and see a machine gun firing right at ya!!

Sorry it got beat up so bad. I know you'll do fine with it.

AND WOW>>>>I finally got back on WATTFLYER....thought I maybe forgot to pay my dues!
Maybe you can tell UPS it was a new plane and collect the insurance. I beleive UPS has at least $50 insurance on every shippment. It should rebuild into a nice plane for me.

Yes you did forget to pay your dues. Sent them to me right away. LOL
degreen60 is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 05:25 AM
  #4482  
TM4197
Dope&Fabric
 
TM4197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia/Delaware
Posts: 1,355
Default Micro Albatros

Got my Albatros back from the repair shop, Towers does not quibble about broke things!!! The control wire inside came undone from the servo, of course it was in flight when it did it. Anywho, they did the right thing. I flew it today and both wheels fell off in flight, the little keepers decided not to KEEP anymore. I did a carrier landing in my hand. Glued new keepers on and she flew perfect the rest of the day. wooohoo..no wind!
TM4197 is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 03:41 PM
  #4483  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Originally Posted by TM4197 View Post
Got my Albatros back from the repair shop, Towers does not quibble about broke things!!! The control wire inside came undone from the servo, of course it was in flight when it did it. Anywho, they did the right thing. I flew it today and both wheels fell off in flight, the little keepers decided not to KEEP anymore. I did a carrier landing in my hand. Glued new keepers on and she flew perfect the rest of the day. wooohoo..no wind!
WHAT, you sent it to Tower and not to me. LOL Glad you got it back flying.
degreen60 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 02:42 AM
  #4484  
TM4197
Dope&Fabric
 
TM4197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia/Delaware
Posts: 1,355
Default

Funny!! If it gets to that time when I gotta send it to you, it might make a nice starfoam beer mug. If not by me...by UPS. Hows that Bristol coming?

BTW: Don't ever use UPS this time of the year.....I looked inside this guys truck, boxes were smashing other boxes, he even stepped on one..NICE WORK!!
TM4197 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 11:42 AM
  #4485  
waynek
New Member
 
waynek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: long island,ny
Posts: 19
Default

hi i'm new to these forums and also a ww1 nut. i have 2 micro albatros, and aerodrome rc short kit fokker triplane,a 30" alfa albatros d5 and i am building a 42" peter rake albatros d3. i've only flown the micro albatros and they look cool and are a blast to fly.i've re-finished both of them.
waynek is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 12:44 PM
  #4486  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Originally Posted by waynek View Post
hi i'm new to these forums and also a ww1 nut. i have 2 micro albatros, and aerodrome rc short kit fokker triplane,a 30" alfa albatros d5 and i am building a 42" peter rake albatros d3. i've only flown the micro albatros and they look cool and are a blast to fly.i've re-finished both of them.
Hi, I am Don, I am a WW1 RC airplane junky. Welcome to the group. You are now part of the 12 step program.
degreen60 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 12:54 PM
  #4487  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Originally Posted by TM4197 View Post
Funny!! If it gets to that time when I gotta send it to you, it might make a nice starfoam beer mug. If not by me...by UPS. Hows that Bristol coming?
At least you can tell your wife you have to buy the full beer mug cause you need the empty mug to ship the plane in.

I have the fuselage stripped, breaks glued. Elevator fixed. Fixed the broken struts by replacing the broken parts with popscile sticks. Heated the fuselage and got it straight again. Was my first time to use heat and got it a little too warm and the foam got a little ruff. Spackle and sanding should take care of that.

Had to stop on Bristol cause I found on the net a free Parkzone FW190 pickup only. It was just 35 miles away. I could not pass that up. Person said it did not have enough power to fly. I took the Nimh battery out of the plane put a Lipo in and it is a good flyer. It does nothing for my shakes cause it is not a WW1 plane. It came with an extra wing, What WW1 airplane can I make using the wing, maybe a Junkers D1?
degreen60 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 06:25 PM
  #4488  
TM4197
Dope&Fabric
 
TM4197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia/Delaware
Posts: 1,355
Default

Welcome Waynek...If you are into WWI airplanes...you'll find every answer you can ask in here. These guys are the best around. Nice Albatros's...they are fun to fly! They go backwards real easy too.

DeGreen: A 190 huh.....Thats a cool plane, I know it won't help with the "shakes" but if its the one I think it is, you can fly the crap out of it. The D1 might be a good start...will have to break out some books.
TM4197 is offline  
Old 12-14-2010, 02:39 AM
  #4489  
scalercflyer
Super Contributor
 
scalercflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,312
Default

Originally Posted by degreen60 View Post
At least you can tell your wife you have to buy the full beer mug cause you need the empty mug to ship the plane in.

I have the fuselage stripped, breaks glued. Elevator fixed. Fixed the broken struts by replacing the broken parts with popscile sticks. Heated the fuselage and got it straight again. Was my first time to use heat and got it a little too warm and the foam got a little ruff. Spackle and sanding should take care of that.

Had to stop on Bristol cause I found on the net a free Parkzone FW190 pickup only. It was just 35 miles away. I could not pass that up. Person said it did not have enough power to fly. I took the Nimh battery out of the plane put a Lipo in and it is a good flyer. It does nothing for my shakes cause it is not a WW1 plane. It came with an extra wing, What WW1 airplane can I make using the wing, maybe a Junkers D1?
Don we don't want your nerves to suffer and be shot! Send that FW190 to ME! I'll take the hit for you! Hahahahaha Marty
scalercflyer is offline  
Old 12-14-2010, 02:45 AM
  #4490  
scalercflyer
Super Contributor
 
scalercflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,312
Default

Originally Posted by waynek View Post
hi i'm new to these forums and also a ww1 nut. i have 2 micro albatros, and aerodrome rc short kit fokker triplane,a 30" alfa albatros d5 and i am building a 42" peter rake albatros d3. i've only flown the micro albatros and they look cool and are a blast to fly.i've re-finished both of them.
Welcome my Fellow Flieger and WWI nut! Yes we are a rather unusual lot here. Any and all things sacred to you concerning WWI aviation will be expossed, brought out in the open and shared among your friends here. Here you will find compassion, and a deep sense of belonging. Share your addiction with us. We understand! Marty
scalercflyer is offline  
Old 12-14-2010, 02:51 AM
  #4491  
scalercflyer
Super Contributor
 
scalercflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,312
Default Where are you?

Steve mine Fellow Flieger WWI Ace, where are you? Marty
scalercflyer is offline  
Old 12-14-2010, 12:44 PM
  #4492  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Originally Posted by scalercflyer View Post
Don we don't want your nerves to suffer and be shot! Send that FW190 to ME! I'll take the hit for you! Hahahahaha Marty
When I tire of it I will paint it RED and ship to you. LOL
degreen60 is offline  
Old 12-14-2010, 03:09 PM
  #4493  
Captiannoflaps
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Does anyone know if "FunAero.com" is still open for business.
They make great WWI kits, but no one ever answers e-mails or the phone over there.
Captiannoflaps is offline  
Old 12-22-2010, 04:15 AM
  #4494  
TM4197
Dope&Fabric
 
TM4197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia/Delaware
Posts: 1,355
Default fun aero

[email protected]

did you try this addy?
TM4197 is offline  
Old 12-22-2010, 02:25 PM
  #4495  
bassfisher
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 51
Default

Big brown truck made a pitstop yesterday. I wonder what it can be? Oh, I know GP SE5A. Guess Ill be busy Christmas morning! My SPAD was lonely as my only WWI plane, now she will have a stable mate. Maybe be able to test fly on the 26th. Plan to detail this one out like I did with the SPAD. Scale fun-flys are coming up!
bassfisher is offline  
Old 12-22-2010, 03:24 PM
  #4496  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Originally Posted by bassfisher View Post
Big brown truck made a pitstop yesterday. I wonder what it can be? Oh, I know GP SE5A. Guess Ill be busy Christmas morning! My SPAD was lonely as my only WWI plane, now she will have a stable mate. Maybe be able to test fly on the 26th. Plan to detail this one out like I did with the SPAD. Scale fun-flys are coming up!
OH OH, He is hooked. We have another WW1 junky. Next he will be stealing his wife's jewery to hock to pay for another WW1 plane. Watch out for the dealers on here they will sent you something free just to keep you hooked.
degreen60 is offline  
Old 12-22-2010, 03:44 PM
  #4497  
bassfisher
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 51
Default

The SE5A will have plenty of company LOL. Have about 30 planes to keep it company. I would love to have dealers send me free planes I like the way the SPAD flies (once you get used to her habits) and the SE5A write-ups convinced me - along with a $25 off coupon from a fun fly. Ill try to post pics once I get done detailing her out.
bassfisher is offline  
Old 12-22-2010, 06:13 PM
  #4498  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Originally Posted by bassfisher View Post
I would love to have dealers send me free planes .
I don't beleive you understand, these guys are like dope dealers, want to get you hooked on just WW1 planes. There is one that says he helps me but he just keeps sending me wreaked planes to rebuild, now when he says he is sending one I shake so bad I have to stop what every I am doing and just wait on the mail. LOL They keep saying they will help you break the habit but they just keep getting another WW1 plane and telling about it, showing pictures until you just have to get one too. LOL
degreen60 is offline  
Old 12-22-2010, 07:00 PM
  #4499  
bassfisher
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 51
Default

I know that feeling. Ive been hooked on this hobby for over 25 years. Its worst than cocaine lol I cant think how many rebuilds and repairst that Ihave done for others and myself lol But if they want to send me a free plane or two to fix and keep, let them bring it on! WWI, WW2, or civilian scale , I dont care
bassfisher is offline  
Old 12-23-2010, 01:08 AM
  #4500  
enemyace19
Beware the hun in the sun
 
enemyace19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Levittown NY
Posts: 72
Default E-flight Fokker D-7

Hi Im getting the E-Flight Fokker D-7 for X-mas with all the stuff to get her flying.heard the carbon tube motor mount hits the servos?Any other tricks I should know about? thanks Doug
enemyace19 is offline  

Quick Reply: WWI planes


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10724 seconds with 16 queries