Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

Help My Heli Is Broken And i havent used it yet !

Old 12-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Still-Cyco

Default Help My Heli Is Broken And i havent used it yet !

my heli is broken my first one too !

bassically my problem is.....

every time i try and take off....its tilts and its totally uncontrolable !

can this be fixed or is it totally screwed ?

Still-Cyco
Old 12-28-2011, 11:53 PM
dkrhardy

Try in the heli section, you are in the wrong place!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:54 PM
payne9999
That's gonna leave a mark

It would be helpful if you said the type and manufacturer. However, all helis whether fixed or collective pitch will swing to one side as they take off due to the torque effect of the rotor blade. The is especially true of single blade helis.

If it is a two bladed (coaxial) it may be just a matter of setting the trim in the opposite direction. So whether it is a single blade or coaxial it could just be a trim adjustment.

Please list more info about your specific type of heli....

Dave
Old 12-29-2011, 12:09 AM
Still-Cyco

well at first i tested it before i had to walk the dog.......my brother decided to play with it whislt i was gone, obviously hes had alot or a very big crash, i noticed to scratches on two of the top two blades, the heli i have is the

Sbego 69036

<----- dont know if the picture has come up but...

the difference of the tilt is MASSIVE like i litterally cant get it off the groud without it crashing.........

if you like i can post a video to show you what is happening ?

Thanks

Cyco
Old 12-29-2011, 12:29 AM
payne9999

Cyco,

This is an unusual heli (your picture didn't post). Because it is a coaxial but also has the two fans on the sides it is hard to figure out. I am wondering if one of the fans is defective and running slower than the other. It wouldn't take much of an imbalance to cause it to take off to one side.

Did you try to adjust the little trim buttons for the left/right direction? I can't tell from the pictures on the net but I am wondering if it even has trim settings.

Dave

Old 12-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Still-Cyco

The picture you posted is the one i have indeed, as you sid it is rather different, it has a trim setting on the controller yeah, ive adjusted it several times and still nothing, to try and explain again what is happening....

bassicaly, i put it on the floor, slowly throttle up and it begines to move as i woud expext due to air beeing blow downfrd to establish lift, now when i throttle up more and more the heli seems as tho it is off balance, the twoblades at the sides dont work unless i press two shoulder buttons on my control whilst in the air to make its stafe, thats the idea of it anyways,

like i said it seems as tho somthing is bent or it seems like its unbalaced maybe due to my brother crashing it, its a little one because i didnt want to get anything too big untill i got better at flying....

does any of that make sence ?

should i change the blades that have indents in them ? maybe that will solve the problem ??

Cyco
Old 12-29-2011, 01:12 AM
payne9999

Typically on these Coaxial helicopters if it won't trim to a balance, you have to adjust the servo linkage that controls left/right movement. On the Blade helis, which I am familiar with, there is a push-rod that can be adjusted by turning the link that is on a threaded pushrod. On your heli there should be a way to calibrate the left/right centre setting.

Is the trim tweaked all the way over and you are out of range?

Take the fuselage off and inspect the servo linkages and look for any type of adjustment links etc.

Does the manual offer any help?

Dave
Old 12-29-2011, 01:22 AM
Still-Cyco

right.....ive taken the front panel off.....and i can see two barrel like items...are they the servos....sorry i am totally new to this lol

one of the barrel type items is puhed up right aganst the metal casing, where as the other seems to look like it has come out of a clip type thing

ive just looked again in the manual, and its in japanese, so no help at all lol

the trim....i dont think i actually have there is a rotation adjustment knob on the controller ut mention nothing about trim....i have gotten it wrong....
Old 12-29-2011, 01:49 AM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

FYI, you made the previous post while I typed!

Wow. I'm trying to see how to help here, but it's still hard to figure out what is really going on. Internet troubleshooting is the worst! First, while payne9999 is trying to be helpful, I wonder if your heli has any servos at all. I think the only things that move are the rotors and propellers? I don't see a swashplate in the photo, so unless something is tilting those 2 fans, no servos.

"bassicaly, i put it on the floor, slowly throttle up and it begines to move as i woud expext due to air beeing blow downfrd to establish lift"

So what way does it move? We don't know how you'd expect it to move due to the air blowing down.

"now when i throttle up more and more the heli seems as tho it is off balance" Can you describe what it's doing to make you say this?

Check the center of gravity (balance) by turning the top rotor so the hinge point it tilts on is in line with the body of the heli. You should be able to hold it like that and tilt the body back and forth underneath. Does the heli hang level? Try it 90 degrees from there and see if it's still level. If it's not level both ways, there's too much weight on the low end, or not enough on the high end, for some reason. This will make it hard to fly.

There seem to be a zillion of these types of helis out now, and they can have different ways that the flight controls work. So maybe you can help us help you. What are the 2 fans on the side supposed to do? Just tilt the heli left or right? Do the fans tilt forward and back or are they fixed?

I guess I've gone on too long? Sorry, just trying to help. Check it out and let us know what you find.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:53 AM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

Turn on the heli, and without moving the throttle, just move the other control around. Do the 'barrel things' do anything?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:58 AM
Still-Cyco

for starters, thank you both !

now for your questions....

when i put it on the floor, it moved in like a vibrating motion, if you get me, ummm best way i can describe it....

the two things at the sides work as a strafing idea, i.e when in the air, instead of turning it around and obsticle you could just move it litterally to the side.....

they only blow air downwards and are in a fixed position

i also have just filmed a video showing what happens, but i ant seem to get it upload, would sending it via email help you to help me ?
Old 12-29-2011, 02:03 AM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

I'm looking at pics of it at a sellers site. The barrels you mentioned, is there one in front of the main rotor and one behind it? I think those are 2 motors, one for the upper rotor, and one for the lower one. Look at the bottom of those. They should each have a small gear that meshes with a larger gear. If one came out of it's clip, it's not driving it's rotor.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:11 AM
Still-Cyco

yeah these one infront and one behind....and all the cogs are connected
Old 12-29-2011, 02:17 AM
earthsciteach

Are both connecting rods in place between the balance bar and top rotor?

Also, check to see if the balance bar attachment to the rotor shaft is broken. I had this problem with another copter in the past.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:17 AM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

Did you check the balance?
Old 12-29-2011, 02:22 AM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

The video would be very helpful, but I think it's best for all parties to keep it out of the e-mail. Best to post here, or Youtube, or Vimeo, or something.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Still-Cyco

i dont know how to get it upoaded onto here
Old 12-29-2011, 02:26 AM
earthsciteach

Easiest way is to upload to youtube, then post a link to the vid here.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:50 AM
Still-Cyco

im just gonna upload the video to youtube....
Old 12-29-2011, 03:11 AM
Still-Cyco

http://youtu.be/bdLDXcg9ugE

theres the video !!! hope this helps you help me !
Old 12-29-2011, 03:15 AM
payne9999

Other posters,

I guess I was assuming as a coaxial it has to have some sort of "Cyclic" pitch control but as one other poster mentioned it doesn't look like there is a swash plate in the picture. Kinda perplexing.

Since it is 4 channel I was also assuming cyclic but since one channel probably controls the fans it may work more like the 3 channel birds.

Cyco,

In the long run you would be better off with a Blade McX2 if you have access to that product in your country. They cost more but well worth it and if you end up really enjoying flying micros there is the MsrX later on and then the McpX for aerobatics. I don't want to frustrate you but the Blades are the way to go for indoor micros in my opinion.

Dave
Old 12-29-2011, 03:19 AM
Still-Cyco

thanks for your help dave, and also thanks to everyone else, im gonna changed the blades just to see if the indents in the blades are effecting it.......if not i will get the suggested heli watch the video to see if you can figure out whats going on

link to video is above
Old 12-29-2011, 03:23 AM
payne9999

From your video I see what you mean. It definitely wants to zip off to the right. When the helicopter is sitting on the floor in the on mode and you don't throttle up what happens when you move the right stick back and forth (left to right) does the rotor head (blades) move in any way? If not, what does move, do you hear a servo actuating or anything?

Dave
Old 12-29-2011, 03:26 AM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

OK, just watched the vid. Looks like it's just banking right in flight.

I would check that everything on the lower rotor is totally straight. I think you were pointing at cracks or something in the upper blades, near the hub? Did it come with replacement blades? Try to replace those. The upper rotor is designed to keep the heli still. If one of the flybar connectors is coming off in flight or one is binding, that could cause strange behaviour.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:28 AM
Still-Cyco

yeah very strange, well.....when i sit it on the floor and try to turn it nothing happens, no sound of cogs moving nothing, ony when i apply tiny amounts of throttle will it not only turn but the cogs also make a sound

it came with two replacment blades, i will go change them now, and tell you what happens....if not tonight tomorrow as it is like 2.30 am lol

cyco

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.18575 seconds with 11 queries