A word about Ohio Combat - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Delta & Flying Wings Discuss electric powered delta (flying wing) style aircraft here.

A word about Ohio Combat

Old 01-03-2008, 12:38 PM
jhoyda

Default A word about Ohio Combat

I recently took advantage of Ohio Combat's year end sale and purchased a Sledgehammer kit. Jeremy quickly shipped the wing the day after Christmas. Shipping should have been 1 to 2 days since I am also in Ohio.

I had not received my wing on Friday so I sent him an e-mail asking what carrier he used. I was only interested, I was not worried as I'm sure all shipping companies are busy this time of year.

This was his response:

"I sent it USPS to the address below. They are somewhat slow right now. I will send out another kit. This is getting crazy. You are the third person who as emailed me with the same situation. If you get both just keep the extra one or give it to a friend."

I was floored!! I hadn't even complained and he sent another kit!! I wish he offered more RC products, I would like to buy everything I can from him with service and customer support like that.

Well, atleast I know who to buy my next wing from. Thanks again Ohio Combat!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:49 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

jhoyda,

Can I be your new friend? LOL
Old 01-03-2008, 02:39 PM
jhoyda

Originally Posted by gfdengine204 View Post
jhoyda,

Can I be your new friend? LOL
I figured somebody would say something to that effect!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
kmopar69
Toughest job in the Army

Jermey is a great guy and would do anything to make sure that his customers are happy. He is in the process of getting more planes to sell as well. Look at the N2. He has great customer service for sure!

Kristy
Old 01-03-2008, 07:37 PM
lmopar69
Gravity Stinks!!

Absolutely. Jeremy is for sure a stand up guy with a great product.

There will be more "normal" planes on his site soon. The N2, the Kamikaze and maybe a couple others. Just be patient!

By the way, you WILL LOVE your Sledgehammers!!! build them like the directions say and once you have them dialed in, they are simply awesome!!! Fast or slow, you can do it all with them.

Laine. (Faithful O.C. patron)
Old 01-03-2008, 07:50 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

So, Laine, for someone who has never flown a 'wing, what do you recommend I get with my prize?
Old 01-03-2008, 07:54 PM
lmopar69
Gravity Stinks!!

Depends on how good you are with fast planes.

Or, how much aileron plane experience you have.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:29 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Well, I just learned on an aileron trainer this spring (Hobbico Electristar).....I think if I had to choose, I would prefer the slower end of the spectrum, only since I am still learnin'. Just a rookie....
Old 01-03-2008, 09:11 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by gfdengine204 View Post
Well, I just learned on an aileron trainer this spring (Hobbico Electristar).....I think if I had to choose, I would prefer the slower end of the spectrum, only since I am still learnin'. Just a rookie....

Just give us a little time Kev, and we will have you flying a Hyber Wing
Take Care and Stay Sweet, Chellie
Old 01-03-2008, 10:25 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Just give us a little time Kev, and we will have you flying a Hyber Wing
Take Care and Stay Sweet, Chellie
Chell,

I am sure with your expert tutelage, I could fly anything thrown my way.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Q-Hunter

An Ezone thread he was closing for good.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:30 AM
grumman5277

We are still going to be cutting kits just not as much.We have a decent customer base and will make sure we continue to support what we sell and have sold.

We did not plan on the large responce to our newest kits like the Sledgehammer and Battleaxe. As a result there have been some delays,mostly components for the kits. We have prided ourselves on a quick turn around and customer support. Due to the larger volumes we are having trouble hitting our goals and feel the best way to get back to where we were is to reduce the orders.

We had also not planned on putting as much into the EPP aspect of our long term goals. We will be working on composites from here on out as well as our original EPP base. The composites we are looking into producing will cost very close to the same price a built and covered wing a customer would end up spending once finished. The differences will be woth the added cost up front. They use less power to get the same results and have the ability to go alot faster than an EPP wing. This by far is better for our customers as well as the future of OHC.
Jeremy
Old 01-08-2008, 12:08 PM
lmopar69
Gravity Stinks!!

What he said!

As for what plane for you GFD.... go with the N2. Just get with Grumman5277 and he will let you know when he has a couple ready. Otherwise, the Sledgehammer would be my #1 choice.

Good luck man.

Laine.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:27 AM
Prof100

I tried to peruse the Ohio Combat website but it doesn't seem to have any products or order page. There are some great picts of Laine's ginormous wing, but that's just a tease. Is the site being revised?
Old 01-10-2008, 03:27 PM
lmopar69
Gravity Stinks!!

No Prof... O.C. is "kinda" closing its doors. From what I understand, Jeremy will take a few orders here and there from folks, plus as always, he will provide his awesome customer service for everyone.. so if you are lookin to orderup a plane from him, you pretty much just need to contact him directly. Very good chance, he'll hook you up man.

Laine.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Prof100

Originally Posted by lmopar69 View Post
No Prof... O.C. is "kinda" closing its doors. From what I understand, Jeremy will take a few orders here and there from folks, plus as always, he will provide his awesome customer service for everyone.. so if you are lookin to orderup a plane from him, you pretty much just need to contact him directly. Very good chance, he'll hook you up man.

Laine.
Laine,

Thanks, will do. Apparently, he'll still be making kits
Old 01-10-2008, 07:05 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by lmopar69 View Post
What he said!

As for what plane for you GFD.... go with the N2. Just get with Grumman5277 and he will let you know when he has a couple ready. Otherwise, the Sledgehammer would be my #1 choice.

Good luck man.

Laine.
Thanks Laine....can we get you TDY'd here for some wing flight training for me?

Sent Jeremy a PM - I'll see what I can get. Gotta squirrel away a little extra cash for this one.

Stay safe bro.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:13 PM
grumman5277

Yes guy's we'll still be making kits. I will probably have the revised site up soon. I want to make sure we have the ability to handle all our customers without the added sales from advertising.I will honer all my sale prices for those who are still looking at aquiring at wing from us. The prices are still listed in our end of year sale thread.

We are moving onto ready built wings as well as 100% composite .

Please pm me if you need anything or just want to chat. I can talk to you via phone if needed as I prefer to get the best idea of what you are looking for even if its not my own kit.
Jeremy
Old 01-11-2008, 01:44 PM
gazza2007au

mate sounded as if you had made up your mind on rcgroups and u were closing your doors perm? now your saying your still in bizz i dont understand?
Old 01-11-2008, 02:24 PM
jhoyda

Don't want to hijack the thread about Ohio Combat closing it's doors.....wait, I started this thread

I received a shiny, not really shiny, new wing yesterday! I wouldn't be suprised if some post office worker someplace between SW Ohio and NW Ohio also has a shiny new wing too!

Thanks again Jeremy!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:41 PM
lmopar69
Gravity Stinks!!

I think the plan is to concentrate on other things... the OC planes will still be available, just kinda limited supply. Maybe a cut it when its ordered kinda thing.

At least thats what I think the intent is

Laine.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:51 AM
grumman5277

jhoyda ,
We onlt shutting down for a limited time as OhioCombat. We will be incorporated with the new company. One company is commercial and the other is the RC stuff.
We plan on the composite projects to be thu OhioComabt and the foam line thru our parent company which will be called NewBreed-RC.
The short shut down allows us to finish projects as well as get the newer designs and composites underway. We will honer all orders and there shouldnt be delays. We have had some delays due to missing components but those are arriving soon.
Glad you like the wing,hope to here soon how the build is going and maiden. Please feel free to call or contact me if you have questions,
Jeremy
Old 01-23-2008, 03:01 AM
justin80

Jeremy just did the same thing for me. Thanks. Good guy.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:41 AM
grumman5277

Its not your (customers fault) for the delays. I make sure reguardless that I try and compensate you for your time. I know this doesnt make up for anything ,but I hope everyone understands that I will do what in my power to try and set things right.

I didnt think i would have the large responce to our years end sale as well as the ARF's.Some people think we are a big coporation sometimes but mainly its just me working on all the kits and ARF's. This is my way of controling every aspect as well as the end product. I make sure the geometry as well as the design is intact before it leaves. This is why I can state specific CG's and not ranges as well as setup information.

The main or only reason I shut OHC down was to get myself caught back up and eliminate any delays. Average shipping time was 2 to 3 days and is where we want to get back to. The site will be back up but we refuse to advertise or promote our products on RCG. If you have rules then enforce them.

I will be working on the N2 as well as some of Laine other designs,kinda like a signature series. I will also be devoting alot of time to building up my stock of the EPP kits as well as prototyping and kitting composites.

Jeremy
Old 01-23-2008, 03:55 AM
gazza2007au

not advertising your business on RCG is going to kill your business isnt it mate?

Quick Reply: A word about Ohio Combat

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.09965 seconds with 13 queries