Visionare - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Visionare

Old 08-07-2015, 11:41 PM
cj2563
Newbie Pilot

Default Visionare

I now have four channels under control and im looking to get into 3d. I have been thinking about the visionare but want some input before doing anything. Does anyone have any good beginner 3d planes.Thx
Old 08-08-2015, 02:13 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Check here....:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5
Old 08-08-2015, 03:00 AM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

My thought would be: get an all EPP plane, I have 2 from Hobbyking, 1 is a big YAK the other they call the Reaktor.
The Reahtor is a great plane for small places and seems to bounce a little better than the big Yak.I have a Hobbyking NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26A 1200kv / 286w motor in mine which is bigger than what they advise, but I and my friend really like it and he is a great flyer and has 74" 3D planes

EPP is so easy to repair with regular CA glue, you don't need special foam glue. Because if you are any thing like me you will be fixing your first 3D airplane quite often. My big Yak has had 12 firewalls.

After I can fly at least 30-40 flights in a row without crashing, THEN I will start flying my Extreme Flight 58" Extra , EF Edge 540T, EF Laser, and several others.

Good luck, try your stuff 2 mistakes high
Old 08-08-2015, 04:40 AM
dereckbc
Super Contributor

Let a newb POV speak. I started two years ago with an Apprentice S. Learned how to fly with it.

My second plane 18 months ago was the Visionaire, and I would NOT change one thing if I could do it over again. I have a bit of an advantage over most RC pilots, not all, but I also hold a Private Pilot license, so that made my learning curve steep and fast. Only training I had was one flight with an Instructor on a Buddy box, from there taught myself on the Apprentice.

Anyway the Visionaire is not in production, and only local hobby shops might still have some stock. Otherwise you buy the improved Night Visionaire. Improved would be a stretch, it has LED lights so you could fly at night if you are brave enough. The Visionaire as I said was my 2nd plane. If you have flown and have some hours logged on low or mid wings, then the V is a piece of cake to learn to fly. To easy.

It took me about 2 months to do most 3D maneuvers. Harriers were the one that took longer to master.

Two months ago I bought one of the popular YAK 55 profile EPP plane. It is 3D plane and suppose to be one of the easiest planes to fly. However this is where you realize if you learned 3D on a V, you discover you don't know squat about 3D flying. The V's gyro system did all the work, not you. All you had to do was put the aircraft into any orientation, the gyros will hold it there providing you have enough power to keep air moving over the control surfaces.

So in closing the V is a fantastic plane and a thrill to fly. But if it is your first 3D plane and master what you want, you really do not know how to fly 3D, the gyros did all the work.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:09 AM
squidger

I would say get the visionaire. They are really easy to fly and when you have some time under your belt you can turn the giros off.