3D Flying Discuss everything related to "3D" flying including construction, power setups and flying techniques

New! Parkzone Sukhoi Su-26m BNF

Old 06-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Mr.EPP
EPP Source

3D hobby shop planes will not flying in anyones house, Maybe in Saddam's old house. Maybe!
haahahaa!
Old 06-20-2009, 06:55 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

Originally Posted by Mr.EPP View Post
3D hobby shop planes will not flying in anyones house, Maybe in Saddam's old house. Maybe!
haahahaa!
that sounds like a challenge that EDFRules needs to tell Blake about...LOL

SK
Old 06-23-2009, 06:05 AM
eranbw

Can't wait to find out!
Old 07-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Quiel
Time to Fly!

It's out. At least here in So. Cal. I actually got the last one from my LHS (Airland) this afternoon. I was there picking up a new receiver and some parts for my new foamies. I just happen to walk in and saw it on display. So I asked if they were in and and I took the last one from Rudy today. He said they came in yesterday.

Have not had a chance to maiden it yet. I got tied up finishing my scratch build Yak 55 3D foamies. But the batteries are all charged up. Will try to maiden tomorrow for sure.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:35 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

Originally Posted by Quiel View Post
It's out. At least here in So. Cal. I actually got the last one from my LHS (Airland) this afternoon. I was there picking up a new receiver and some parts for my new foamies. I just happen to walk in and saw it on display. So I asked if they were in and and I took the last one from Rudy today. He said they came in yesterday.

Have not had a chance to maiden it yet. I got tied up finishing my scratch build Yak 55 3D foamies. But the batteries are all charged up. Will try to maiden tomorrow for sure.
Rudy Told Me that they were supposed to get them in Thursday afternoon, Very cool.... You gonna come out to the Chino Hills School so I can see that thing fly..?...LOL

SK
Old 07-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Steve I got the Hawk ready to try. We can stay at the field till about 845 the Scout thing is at 1000
Old 07-19-2009, 10:09 PM
getfuzzy

Default Almost here!

Originally Posted by Quiel View Post

I talked to the hobby shop on Friday, the planes are supposed to arrive in our neck of the woods on Monday, and then my plane will be shipped and should be here by the end of next week. Hopefully before next Friday. I'll be trying it out soon as I get it....
Old 07-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Quiel
Time to Fly!

Originally Posted by getfuzzy View Post
I talked to the hobby shop on Friday, the planes are supposed to arrive in our neck of the woods on Monday, and then my plane will be shipped and should be here by the end of next week. Hopefully before next Friday. I'll be trying it out soon as I get it....
I actually still have on backorder from another store. Just got an email yesterday. I ahve 7 days to decide before they sell it someone else.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:57 AM
EDFrules
GravesRC enabler d:)

Yeah, don't count on that! Already happened LOL
Originally Posted by Mr.EPP View Post
haahahaa!
Old 07-20-2009, 03:20 PM
mjack777
Stay classy, planet Earth

Default sukhoi

I flew mine over the weekend.

Not too shabby, get some extra props while you can.

Broke mine while taxing in the driveway, gust of wind tossed the tail and broke the prop.

Pretty durable little plane, I recommend flying over grass for the first few flights as it is "squirrely"
to say the least.

Dont hold your breath with the stock charger. I even had issues with my BNF mBcx helicopter.
The battery wouldnt even fit in the connector without several adjustments and the red charging light
never went out or blinked even after one hour.

My plane loved to nosedive, it was like one of those bad paper airplanes that just wont fly....

I had to install the battery as far aft as possible for it to fly level, and that in its own using almost full elevator up trim.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

O K all you lucky new owners of this do anything 3Der. Lets see some video. Can anybody fly it half as good as the factory vid.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:40 PM
bassplayinDude

There's some videos in the threads at RCG. One person modded the location of the brick & servo to move CG aft more (seems many people think this bird is nose heavy) and they were able to do some hovering and other 3D maneuvers using the stock power system.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:14 PM
mjack777
Stay classy, planet Earth

Nice!

I bet that is possible in the first min or two of the battery. It has more power
than I was expecting.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:18 PM
rudderfeet

I picked up one of the 6 that came in today at my LHS. I'll post later tonight if I maiden it, though it'll depend on the winds outside. They're currently at 6 mph, which is probably too much for this little guy. I need to find an indoor spot, fast!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Lancifer

Mine comes in this week i believe and i cant wait for it. Its been really nice here for flying , im just charging up some lipos and im going out flying again. I flew today for about 2 hours, it was sweet!!! The ParkZone Corsair and Trojan fly amazing!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:25 PM
rudderfeet

OK, I just came back from maidening mine in the front yard & street, and I like it. It has enough power for typical aerobatics and even something resembling a harrier, but I couldn't get it to hover for more than a second or two, perhaps because it does really have a very forward CG. It's squirelly all right - very roll-prone at lower speeds.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:31 PM
drewpyfz6
Trainee Ground Teaser

Just received mine today, looks really nice.

Not going to be able to maiden it though, as it raining hard.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sukhoi1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	105753   Click image for larger version

Name:	sukhoi2.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	105754   Click image for larger version

Name:	sukhoi3.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	105755   Click image for larger version

Name:	sukhoi4.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	105756  
Old 07-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Lancifer

Originally Posted by drewpyfz6 View Post
Just received mine today, looks really nice.

Not going to be able to maiden it though, as it raining hard.
What the hell, ur second pic shows a spot for 4 batteries and they only give you 1 , for the cost of the thing there should have been 4.... lol
Old 07-21-2009, 02:47 PM
drewpyfz6
Trainee Ground Teaser

Originally Posted by Lancifer View Post
What the hell, ur second pic shows a spot for 4 batteries and they only give you 1 , for the cost of the thing there should have been 4.... lol
Yes, I did notice that....

Got plenty of these batteries already though, so wont be a problem.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Lancifer

Yes, I did notice that....

Got plenty of these batteries already though, so wont be a problem.
So im asumming the parkzone microflyer batteries will work thenÉÉ If so i have about 20!!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:59 PM
drewpyfz6
Trainee Ground Teaser

So im asumming the parkzone microflyer batteries will work then. If so i have about 20!!!!
I have other batteries from the Vapor and Ember, and they are all the same.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:28 PM
bassplayinDude

No they aren't! The Sukhoi needs 110mAH batteries that come with it or the mCX, not the 70mAH batteries that come with the Vapor and Ember. When buying spares, make sure to get 110mAH batteries!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Lancifer

Originally Posted by bassplayinDude View Post
No they aren't! The Sukhoi needs 110mAH batteries that come with it or the mCX, not the 70mAH batteries that come with the Vapor and Ember. When buying spares, make sure to get 110mAH batteries!
Thanks for the info, so these other batteries wont work or what
Old 07-21-2009, 03:59 PM
drewpyfz6
Trainee Ground Teaser

Originally Posted by bassplayinDude View Post
Sorry, thought everyone bought the eflite 110 batteries as spares for these little planes.

The Vapor flies for ages on em...
Old 07-21-2009, 03:59 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

They give you extra slots to carry more batteries. Many folks use the original packaging as the carry case. Keeps it safe in-transit.

The CONNECTOR is the same, but if you try to use the 70mAh cells in the mCX or the Sukhoi, your flight times will be extremely short. The 110mAh WILL work in all the aircraft taking these cells, and for the Vapor, Ember, Cessna and Citabria you will get extended flight times......

Quick Reply: New! Parkzone Sukhoi Su-26m BNF

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.14807 seconds with 17 queries