Connecting my receiver to my Blade 400 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Connecting my receiver to my Blade 400

Old 03-20-2009, 05:05 AM
floorunner

Default Connecting my receiver to my Blade 400

Okay, so as the title says, I'm trying to plug my (AR6100e) receiver into my blade 400. I'm trying to figure out what wire goes where.
Questions, left to right

BATT: Does anything go here? Or is it just for the bind plug? Or is this the cable that goes up next to the motor?

THRO: ESC, correct?

AILE: Is this the cable coming from the servo at the top, next to the gyro?

ELEV: Is the elevator the white flaps on the back?**

RUDD: ??*

GEAR: ??*

AUX 1: ??*

* I'm guessing these 2 come from the cable that splits into 2 from the gyro. Which one is which though? (One says D4, and the other D5)

** The server that controls the white flaps(that I'm assuming is the elevator) has a cable that goes to the gyro. So does one of the cables

Do I have the elevator and the ailerons confused?
I'm not sure if anyone can even understand this message, I don't think I even understand it. I can post some pictures if that'll help.

edit: and I just realised there are two servos at the top next to the gyro...so where do those cables go?

Last edited by floorunner; 03-20-2009 at 05:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-20-2009, 05:13 AM
Twmaster

Floor... That is not an uncommon reaction to all the wires. Best thing to do is go to the Horizon Hobby web site and download the B400 manual if the heli you got did not come with one.

I'm going from memory so this might be wrong

ESC in to throttle channel #1
front servo into elevator #2
left servo into aileron #3
three pin gyro lead into #4 rudder
single wire from gyro (gain wire) into the signal pin on channel #5
right servo (pitch) into channel #6
Old 03-20-2009, 05:32 AM
floorunner

Just went through the manual again, it doesn't have anything useful for plugging in the receiver.

also, the channel 1 says"BATT"

the front server, the one up by the motor, under where the battery goes?

Not sure what your talking about with left and right servos, there are two stacked top and bottom...is that what you mean?
Old 03-20-2009, 05:55 AM
Twmaster

Front is under the battery.

The two stacked servos have one pointing out each side. Left, Right.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:41 AM
floorunner

okay, I think that's all plugged in right. Thanks again I don't think I'd ever get this together without you.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:44 PM
capt. crash
is cooler than you

also remember that as long as you get the ESC in the right spot you shouldn't have too much to worry about, just make sure you do a preflight check that all your surfaces are acting normal! I do that carefully every time after I unplug and replug any of the wires...
Old 03-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Heli Jim
Grandpa, Golfer, Pilot

The first plug ("batt") is where you would plug in a receiver battery if you weren't using an ESC and flying electric. For the guys that fly Nirto, or gas, they have to power the receiver and the servos with a battery pack. That would get plugged in there. We, who fly electrics, get the power for the receiver and servos thru the ESC (Electronic Speed Control) This is also where you will insert the bind plug when you have to bind the receiver to the transmitter.

When talking of "right" or "left" servos, we are referring to the position that the servo hooks up to the swash plate and we are talking "right" as seen from behind, or the actual right side of the helicopter. Our helicopter uses three servos to control the helicopter's swash plate. Usually the front one, but sometines it's the back one) is for for and aft movement and it equates to the elevator function on the receiver. This servo is the one that is under the battery on your Blade 400.

For right and left movement, we have two servos that work together but since we only have one Aileron input on the receiver, we have to plug the other servo into the AUX socket. The transmitter takes care of the mixing of these servos to give the direction inputs to the helicopter and it also takes care of moving all three together to change the pitch of the blades, too.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:26 AM
djetlag

Default blades ???

HI,
I was reading Floorunner's struggle with his heli, I read every thing up to your message, and to think my problem today was xtreme and regular blades on the same heli......humm!!!
it humbles me.
brave man, that Floorunner.
later..