blade cx HELP - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

blade cx HELP

Old 03-14-2009, 07:48 AM
ckid

Exclamation blade cx HELP

I have a older blade cx. It seemed to work fine for a few months then one day it gave me problems. Now with a fully charged new battery the electronic eye goes from green to red at full speed and it sounds like the motor is jumping or a skipping sound.
I thought it was a battery issue, but with the new battery it gives me the same result.

I was thinking of buying a new set of motors as maybe one of them is bad?
Or I am thinking of buying a new electronic board?

Does anyone know why I am getting this error, or know what this means?

Old 03-26-2009, 03:06 AM
Ribcracker
Flight Junkie

I'm having the same issue with my Lama V4. It's like a gas engine that misses. It keeps skipping a beat, starts to fall, then pops back on again. And there is twitching as the red light goes on and off.
I think it's the same problem that ckid (above) has.
Any ideas on this?
Old 03-26-2009, 04:07 PM
bassplayinDude

Have you checked the gap between the motors and main gears? Any teeth missing on the main gears? Check the shafts and make sure they're straight?

I mention these because they could cause the motor to work too hard, drawing extra current which could cause the red light to turn on. I don't have a CX so I'm only guessing, but I'd rule out the mechanical stuff first as it's much cheaper to fix than blown electronics.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Heli Jim
Grandpa, Golfer, Pilot

I know that the light on the 4-in-1 will go from green to red as you reach full power with the throttle and that can be at a point less than full stick, but other than that, you might try to re-bind the receiver. It's a long shot but it won't cost you anything to try.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:26 PM
ckid

Thumbs up

I contacted Horizon Tech support and they told me it would be either a motor issue or the 4-1 controller.
I issolated each motor from the 4-1 and I found out that one motor does not reach full power and it seems to drop power when I twisted the helli around to see the other side. The clipping sound as if it had a loose connection.
I have not checked the rotors yet. Now that I have read into this problem more, I remember that I had a crash prior to all of this going on.

So, I will look into these to see if anything mech is out of balance or any missing teeth on the gears.

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:40 AM
Ribcracker
Flight Junkie

This problem started right after I put it back together after changing out a motor. I think I may have snugged the main gear up too tight against the motor. So tonight I took things back apart and reassembled it with a little end-play (slop) in the shafts. The heli flew better until midway through the flight and then I started getting some squealing. Shortly after that, the motors (motor?) started sputtering and missing again. So maybe it's a shaft bearing. I think that will be my next fix try. My LHS probably has them so I'll go down there on Saturday and pick some up.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:12 AM
Heli Jim
Grandpa, Golfer, Pilot

you mentioned that you changed out one motor

Is the sputtering and missing happening with the old motor that you didn't change out
or is it the new motor.

Usually if one motor is worn enough to replace you will find that the other will break
down soon so you might as well change them both at the same time.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:27 AM
Ribcracker
Flight Junkie

Jim, I had replaced the stock motors with Xtreme BB motors. One of the Xtremes went bad a week after I got it so I returned it to Boomtown and ran the old stock motor in it's place until I received the replacement. It's when I put the "new" new motor in that my troubles began. Hey, maybe that one's bad too!